This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richy L

I'm thinking of getting george
« on: June 08, 2006, 11:20:54 am »
I've read a few posts on george, ans im think of geting it.
First i need a PDA. Not sure which one to get.
The thing is, with my round, i just go through the list, then, when i finish the book i just start at the beginning again. So i dont clean my customers houses every four weeks on the dot. I usually clean them every 4-6 weeks, and it varies.
Would george only work for me if i have a definate time and date to work to?
Some advice would be great please guys :)

supernova77

Re: I'm thinking of getting george
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 12:33:25 pm »
Hi mate,

I'm the same as you... I never clean any of my customers windows every 4 weeks on the dot. I use George and every weekend just sit down and work out my work for the next week and organize it in George.

Andy

Richy L

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 02:25:50 pm »
hey andy,
is it worth using it then?
At the moment i just use a book, and im coping with that fine.
I just need to write it out again every 8-12 months because of new customers and cancelled customers.

supernova77

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 04:19:22 pm »
I used to use a book to... But George is a lot easier.

You can trial it free for 3 months... Have a try of it and see what you think.

Andy

Richy L

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 04:41:59 pm »
So what do you do if george tells you you need to clean windows on a certain day, but you wont be cleaning it for 2 more weeks?
Does it keep account of missed appointments?
It seems like more hastle than using a book

twt

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 05:43:14 pm »
ive used george for about two years now and i wouldn't be without it. on my pda i can see a list of jobs and when they are due. as I do them i just mark them as done and the ones that haven't been done just stay on the list. the list is arranged by date so a job done 6 weeks ago will be higher up the list than a job done 5 weeks ago. like you i get around my round every 4-6 weeks and george works great for me. hope this helps

JohnL

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 05:58:56 pm »
philip

do you mean a job'' that didnt get done '' 6 weeks ago will be higher up the list than a job '' that didnt get done''  5 weeks ago ?

no-one seems to explain what happens to the jobs which dont get done on the date they are supposed to be done   ???

kerfuffled now  :)

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 06:45:18 pm »
Ok,

If you have a job scheduled and you don't do it on that date it will remain in your view until you either do it or change the date.

When you do decide to do it you mark it of as done or done paid and move onto the next job.

Now the job will be scheduled in advance with the terms you set i.e. 4/6 weeks from the date you actually did the job.

Hope this makes sense.

best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

JohnL

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 07:12:46 pm »
that makes sense, thanks Trevor

JohnL
West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

Richy L

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 07:59:35 pm »
i see, so you have a list in order of priority.

So if you have, say 10 jobs overdue they will be ahead in the list than the jobs that are due on todays date. Am i right?

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 08:25:25 pm »
If you've got a computer, you can create a spreadsheet in Word.  It's not difficult.

Use the table function and use the following headings as a guidline:

Area Code (give it a number)
House Number
Street Name
Cost
Not Paid
Date Cleaned
Date last cleaned
Remarks (put in customers name and telephone number and anything else you need to remember).

Then each day, copy this file to a 'working file' and sort using the 'A to Z' sort function; deleting the areas or accounts you don't want to clean.

Just print your 'working list' off.

It takes about five minutes to update each evening.

When you want to collect, just use the A to Z sort function again, but in the 'Not Paid' column, delete everyone who has paid, then sort again by area.  Print it off. Five minutes work.

At the end of each day I stick the completed job sheet into a diary.

The above might sound complicated; but I assure you with a bit of playing about, it's easy.

You can also copy your rounds total amounts and enter it into an excel spreadsheet to show you your total round's worth and amount of individual cleans you have.

I do this each month and aim to reduce my total monthly individual cleans (some 320 of them), yet increasing the overall amount of income I/we can produce.

Spreadsheets are really good fun!  Honest!

Regards,

The Geek.

Richy L

« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 08:34:09 pm »
I dont know much about pdas, but is there a certain type i should get?
Basically could anyone show me the type of pda i will need please?

George Systems

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 09:20:15 pm »
Hi

You don't need a PDA to use George - download our demo version and try it out.

You might like it....

Paul

macc

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 09:25:40 pm »
Hi Chaps,

I am also looking at some software for my business and downloaded George. I have been playing with it for a couple of days but find it quite difficult to understand.

I have also been following a few posts about a new piece of software thats either out or coming out soon from a guy called Ian. I think the website is www.windowcleanerpro.com ( or co.uk ?? ). Has anyone used or know any more information about it?

Macc

Richy L

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 09:26:03 pm »
I just downloaded it.
If i use it on my comp i may as well use it on the doors. Can anyone give me a rough price for a suitable PDA, and an example would be good too.
Cheers

Richy

twt

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 09:31:18 pm »
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/105779/rb/19686237790   £54.99 inc VAT
can get cheeper on ebay.

abacus

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 11:04:45 pm »
does george clean the windows as well !! :o

Bargin I'have one

grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

pjulk

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 11:32:05 pm »
Look on ebay my last palm i payed £20 for brand new there is usually loads on ebay.

Any palm will do as long as its running the Palm 3.5 operating system

Paul

Paul Coleman

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2006, 12:56:35 am »
If you've got a computer, you can create a spreadsheet in Word.  It's not difficult.

Use the table function and use the following headings as a guidline:

Area Code (give it a number)
House Number
Street Name
Cost
Not Paid
Date Cleaned
Date last cleaned
Remarks (put in customers name and telephone number and anything else you need to remember).

Then each day, copy this file to a 'working file' and sort using the 'A to Z' sort function; deleting the areas or accounts you don't want to clean.

Just print your 'working list' off.

It takes about five minutes to update each evening.

When you want to collect, just use the A to Z sort function again, but in the 'Not Paid' column, delete everyone who has paid, then sort again by area.  Print it off. Five minutes work.

At the end of each day I stick the completed job sheet into a diary.

The above might sound complicated; but I assure you with a bit of playing about, it's easy.

You can also copy your rounds total amounts and enter it into an excel spreadsheet to show you your total round's worth and amount of individual cleans you have.

I do this each month and aim to reduce my total monthly individual cleans (some 320 of them), yet increasing the overall amount of income I/we can produce.

Spreadsheets are really good fun!  Honest!

Regards,

The Geek.

What I do Tosh is to use the database in Microsoft Works.  Amomngst the fields I have created are the date when cleaned, the interval (in days) between cleans and a field that todays date (NOW) from the due date of the next clean.  I then create a report such as IF <next clean> - NOW =<1 then display in the report.  Of course the numbers can be varied if you want to see a few days ahead.  It's actually a lot simpler than it looks in this post.