This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

had enough now! >:(

snapped ANOTHER xtreme section today!thats 3 this year!(2 from the xtremes with the metal bands and one section from the newest version)

two sections snapped just using them as normal and one today closing a window. ::)roll

two section 3s and one section 2.

i have now officially got an xtreme sections graveyard!a couple of worn section 1 and 2s(paper thin and cracked at the bottom)and three section 4 and 5s! ::)roll ;D

i have a slx 22 but its a tad too short for lots of work so i thought id buy an insulated extension 6 so i have a slx 25 but their OUT OF STOCK! ::)roll

so ive bought a full slx 25 for my next main pole and ill buy extension 6 when their back in stock so i have 2 main poles.

ive managed to cobble together a few other sections and make an xtreme 25 albeit with a few well worn sections.itll do for now until my new slx gets delivered. :)

my xtreme 47 is still in very good condition but it only gets used around 10 times a month and will probably last me another 20 years! ;D

i thought id stick with the xtremes but im finding them a little bit too brittle for my liking.ok for occasional work over 25 ft though. :)
price higher/work harder!

DeLuce

Re: going back to SLX 25s for main day to day window cleaning!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 06:53:56 pm »
There's a knack to sitting windows with an Xtreme. Never do the slap the frame thing with it!!! It will create an hairline  crack  over time and then just snap when it's had enough.
I had a habit of flicking the water off the brush by whipping the pole down to the horizontal then back up. Heard a tiny crack one day and noticed slightly more movement than normal over next few weeks. Then snap about two months later.
Also, if you're going to shut windows, use the straight length of the pole and angle adapter for brush to push. If it's too tight, leave it.
You may have already done these things, if so, you must be too heavy handed out too strong  ;D

DeLuce

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 06:55:06 pm »
Sorry about the typos, this keyboard is doing my head-in

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 07:18:25 pm »
it must be all this gym work!i ve never snapped a section on any pole til this year! ;D

truthfully i just dont think the xtremes are up to the rigours of every day poling for 6 -7 hours a day.

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 08:27:43 pm »
Careful Daz thats treason, you will be hung from an SL2 if Mr G sees that  ;D ;D ;D

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

SB Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 08:48:30 pm »
it must be all this gym work!i ve never snapped a section on any pole til this year! ;D

truthfully i just dont think the xtremes are up to the rigours of every day poling for 6 -7 hours a day.
I have been saying this for a long while now  ::)roll

the king

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 09:00:57 pm »
if u take the broken sections to a large coarse fishing shop they can send it off to be carbon raped and it will be good as new or u can send it off to the link cost should be like £30 i get fishing pole carbon raped from time to time but i pay £20 as its a retired chap who does it from home

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwib_K_Hy4vTAhUkLsAKHVkhCHcQFggaMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpolerepairs.co.uk%2F&usg=AFQjCNGGTr4LiVqRWYfIfQOCL3wUpG2JRg&sig2=AJQaAxiwjFxP_uzaxc31Cg

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&ved=0ahUKEwib_K_Hy4vTAhUkLsAKHVkhCHcQFggzMAY&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.poledoctor.co.uk%2F&usg=AFQjCNEGPgXzYgE8uVxTQCuCEQxXMqB-IQ&sig2=3bOLp-NhRbu7VrkdZc9GHw

DeLuce

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 09:20:27 pm »
if u take the broken sections to a large coarse fishing shop they can send it off to be carbon raped and it will be good as new or u can send it off to the link cost should be like £30 i get fishing pole carbon raped from time to time but i pay £20 as its a retired chap who does it from home

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwib_K_Hy4vTAhUkLsAKHVkhCHcQFggaMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fpolerepairs.co.uk%2F&usg=AFQjCNGGTr4LiVqRWYfIfQOCL3wUpG2JRg&sig2=AJQaAxiwjFxP_uzaxc31Cg

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&ved=0ahUKEwib_K_Hy4vTAhUkLsAKHVkhCHcQFggzMAY&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.poledoctor.co.uk%2F&usg=AFQjCNEGPgXzYgE8uVxTQCuCEQxXMqB-IQ&sig2=3bOLp-NhRbu7VrkdZc9GHw
Lol, not fussed about the typos then Kingy  ;D

I've had my Xtreme a few years now and still have an original 25' still going well ( some sections getting a bit thin) but I use it every day 7-8hrs  :P (OK, the same as you), I don't work weekends,  and not had a problem since I stopped the habit I mentioned in above post.
Maybe it's because I'm 5'9" and not a body builder  ;D

the king

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2017, 09:22:29 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 10:28:18 pm »
Told you so springs to mind. lol

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 10:32:59 pm »
Careful Daz thats treason, you will be hung from an SL2 if Mr G sees that  ;D ;D ;D

Rich

;D ;D ;D

ive given them a good go (over the last few years.xtreme mk 1,2 and 3) and i do think their brilliant poles for less frequent use at higher levels(30ft+).i wouldnt be without my xtreme 47 but the SLX is king at 25ft and under. :)

jonboywalton75

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 10:40:43 pm »
Love all my slxs
Even like my supermax
Extremes I don't get on with, but if I did enough very high level work I'd get an extreme and treat it with kids gloves
Gardiners are the only poles for me!!!!

duncan h

« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2017, 11:30:44 pm »
The more I read about them, the more I don't want one

davids3511

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2017, 11:57:15 pm »
Best pole is slx section 1&2, extreme 3,4 &5.

Jonny 87

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2017, 07:40:28 am »
How old is the extreme v3 that you just snapped?

I view them as an expense that needs replaced every few years.

In reality I probably buy a new section every year or so. £100 per year to use the lightest and most rigid pole out there.

It would kill me to go back to a slx pole. More importantly and long term your shoulders will not be in as good condition then if you'd used extremes either.

I give it less than 12 months till your back on extremes daz.

If you factor in what we can earn from the pole, "the most used piece of equipment", they Cost  pennies.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Tosh

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2017, 08:36:35 am »

I have a set up of that nature.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2017, 08:44:40 am »
you ve obviously not seen the size of my shoulders mate(im a bodybuilder too)! ;D

i doubt the slx poles will "kill me".your body naturally gets used to whatever poles your using.i will be using the extreme/ultimate brushes mainly and carbon goosenecks for some work.

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2017, 08:47:01 am »

ive never thought of that.cheers mate.i could cobble together something like that  from my "pole graveyard"i think. ;)

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2017, 08:52:48 am »
How old is the extreme v3 that you just snapped?

I view them as an expense that needs replaced every few years.

In reality I probably buy a new section every year or so. £100 per year to use the lightest and most rigid pole out there.

It would kill me to go back to a slx pole. More importantly and long term your shoulders will not be in as good condition then if you'd used extremes either.

I give it less than 12 months till your back on extremes daz.

If you factor in what we can earn from the pole, "the most used piece of equipment", they Cost  pennies.

my extremes are knackered after 18 months(used every day).so say i buy 2 at £550 a pop in a 3 year period. an slx at £300 would last the full 3 years so a saving of £800.

Marc Stock

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2017, 09:56:09 am »
Well I use the CLX poles and they are fantastic..had mine for 3 years now it's my only pole a 30ft and it's just starting to come to the end of its life. Cheap pole, well made and durable. Been used 5 days a week 9 till 5 or more and no issues.