This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

X3 Extreme
« on: March 17, 2017, 12:00:52 am »
Just ordered one as an everyday pole.

If it doesn't let me double my daily rate I'll send the boy round to give Dazmond a slap.  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Jonny 87

Re: X3 Extreme
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 07:18:30 am »
just received a 22 extreme this week and I really like the new version.

No clamping on the metal bands is nice, and is definitely more rigid.

Probably going to Treble your day rate to be honest. That's what the "3" stands for.

;)
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 07:25:36 am »

If it doesn't let me double my daily rate I'll send the boy round to give Dazmond a slap.  ;D

;D ;D ;D

you wont earn any more money with it  but itll be an easier working day for sure malc.

it wont last long though(i reckon 18-24  months tops using it every day)before the sections are wafer thin and snapping(esp the top 2 sections).

still a great pole though for ease of use day in/day out. :)
price higher/work harder!

Smurf

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2017, 01:39:09 pm »
Best not to try pushing windows shut with it either as they have a tendency to snap.

tlwcs

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2017, 03:50:39 pm »
Best not to try pushing windows shut with it either as they have a tendency to snap.
I think the v2 was susceptible to that with the weak points by the bands.
The v3  is much stronger. That said it's so light I can clean open windows while they're open

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2017, 04:04:59 pm »

as long as your not shutting them with the first section fully extended you should be ok.

s.w.c

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2017, 07:07:57 pm »
I'm still using first mk1 extreme and I close windows often with it and there's years left in the pole, closing windows can require a different techniques I tap brush on window till it starts moving then lean on please to close, but initial force is with tapping brush on it to get it moving saves stress on pole.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2017, 08:27:58 pm »
I've had my Xtreme 22 for about ten weeks now and love it. I took my SLX 25 out by mistake on Wednesday. I couldn't be bothered to go home and fetch the Xtreme and so worked with the SLX all day. On Thursday I took the Xtreme and boy what a difference. I'm sure you'll be very happy with yours

duncan h

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 10:11:22 am »
Not much use if that's  the case

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 10:47:03 am »
Not much use if that's  the case

rubbish dont listen to him duncan! ;D

ive shut windows with xtremes for years and never snapped a section when doing so.

Smurf

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2017, 02:38:42 pm »
Just don't come crying on the forum if it snaps as all I will say is "I told you so" lol

SB Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2017, 05:20:44 pm »

;D ;D ;D

you wont earn any more money with it  but itll be an easier working day for sure malc.

it wont last long though(i reckon 18-24  months tops using it every day)before the sections are wafer thin and snapping(esp the top 2 sections).

still a great pole though for ease of use day in/day out. :)
;D ;D Give me a SLX any day! !

The extremes ain't worth the money if you ask me...sections on SLX last longer ;)

robert mitchell

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2017, 07:12:15 pm »
I have had an extreme for nearly 2 years now and shut many windows without breaking it , its on its last legs now as its worn but only works out £300 per year for a very lightweight pole .
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2017, 07:32:22 pm »
I used a 25 extreme as everyday pole - had to replace quite a few sections . I continue to use 47ft extreme because it is light for high work.
I use 25ft slx as everyday pole now as lasts 3 to 4 times as long at half the price.
I just use extreme brushheads on all poles to keep weight down.
22ft- 25ft extremes are a real luxury .
Makes more sense to use slx at this height.

Tris

jk999

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 07:44:47 pm »
I have had an extreme for nearly 2 years now and shut many windows without breaking it , its on its last legs now as its worn but only works out £300 per year for a very lightweight pole .
wow 300 a year I have had an slx22 for 5 n half years still going strong using it 6 days a week and I think I only paid around 250 ish

robert mitchell

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2017, 12:03:41 am »
wow 300 a year I have had an slx22 for 5 n half years still going strong using it 6 days a week and I think I only paid around 250 ish

I have an slx too and its a great pole ......but the extreme does make work easier , especially over connies /extensions and in the scheme of things its not that much money.
www.ishinewindowcleaning.co.uk

The man who never made a mistake never made anything.

Jonny 87

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2017, 07:19:11 am »
Yep, less than £30 a month to use the lightest and most rigid pole on the market.

Your shoulders will thank you as the years go on, you can't put a price on that.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

DeLuce

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2017, 07:56:47 am »
Yep, less than £30 a month to use the lightest and most rigid pole on the market.

Your shoulders will thank you as the years go on, you can't put a price on that.

So true.
I've had x2 cleaners come up to me in the last few months complaining of shoulder / forearm trouble and they use heavier poles. They've tried my Xtreme and couldn't believe how light and strong it was.
I've got an SLX but only use it if a clamp needs glueing back on the Xtremes (I've got 25, 18+extension to 22') which is very rare.
They're well worth the extra dosh for the way they make a working day easier on the body imo.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2017, 08:22:30 am »
Hopefully it will arrive today ...

Now it gets better (for me). Instead of running an SLX25 I run it as an "SLX20" by not having the biggest section on for routine work. This means I get extra reach over an SLX18 but with the same number of sections.

I'm gonna do the same with the extreme 3 so it will be an "Extreme 20" - and I'm trying a lighter brush too.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2017, 09:05:59 am »
the best brushes to use with these poles is obviously the xtreme brush but the ultimate brushes too are good if you want a few more bristles but not much more weight.

the lightest you can go is an xtreme brush and carbon gooseneck.poling is virtually effortless! :)