Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DeLuce

Re: Which fixed hose reel?
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2017, 12:45:13 pm »
Very tidy that Susan, looks good. 👍

dennis chalk

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2017, 01:08:31 pm »
Cox reels built to last!

DeLuce

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2017, 07:57:49 pm »
Blimey! That looks great. Very neat and tidy. Like it  :D

dd

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2017, 11:35:58 pm »
Cox reels built to last!
They do not look like Cox reels. Cox reels are blue and have a wider drum.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2017, 02:05:34 pm »
Dd, Dennis isn't saying that Susan's pic is of a Coxreel. He's saying he recommends a Coxreel. Susan's pic is of two Reelworks reels as sold by Gardiners.

That's how I read it anyway.

Coxreels are way over my budget.

NWH

« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2017, 03:17:26 pm »
Do waterworks sell all the fittings so you can get up and running straight away I know some people had issues with the internal fittings not being sent or available.

p1w1

« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2017, 03:20:51 pm »
Do waterworks sell all the fittings so you can get up and running straight away I know some people had issues with the internal fittings not being sent or available.
yes they came with mine apart from the jubilee clips, although i did change them for fittings i prefer , but it will get you up and running with the barb fittings they send.

NWH

« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2017, 03:27:38 pm »
I have the blue Cox reel at the moment it's a joy to use but I'm reeling  out 60 meters on most jobs so I'm getting the electric soon,I purchased the original one they do the petal style but it couldn't handle hot water it kept blowing the fittings off. How much time and effort is it saving you do you reckon.

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2017, 04:26:53 pm »
Cox reels built to last!
Why does the reel on the right in Dennis's picture have a cox reel logo on it then ?
I hear what you're saying though, they look very similar to the proloc reel that I have and it is a narrower drum. If on a budget I'd recommend the proloc , very robust quality for the price.
 https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi9qba3pcLSAhWKLMAKHT3oAsYQFggkMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk%2Fproloc-heavy-duty-reel.html&usg=AFQjCNHrSnlholAt1n9rX-MglVWPvMFBXg

dennis chalk

« Reply #29 on: March 06, 2017, 04:33:09 pm »
Definitely cox reels, supplied by grippatank

p1w1

« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2017, 04:49:21 pm »
I have the blue Cox reel at the moment it's a joy to use but I'm reeling  out 60 meters on most jobs so I'm getting the electric soon,I purchased the original one they do the petal style but it couldn't handle hot water it kept blowing the fittings off. How much time and effort is it saving you do you reckon.
I didnt really buy it to save time or work quicker it was to just make my working day that bit easier (so effort wise i generally think you will notice the difference at the end of the day, it is a joy to use).
Time wise well it can reel in 100mt in about 30-40 seconds with no effort so its really down to what jobs you do i guess, but if your reeling out 60mt per job its going to be quicker but imo not going to make that much of a difference really over a day.
Its not going to let you do an extra 2,3,4 houses a day because of its quickness but it certainly makes the day easier for sure effort wise.
The hd version is very well built and cant see any issues using it with hot water, i would recommend using 6mm hose tho and you will probably need a larger barb fitting then what is supplied with hot water to get a very tight fit (i changed to an 8mm barb with microbore  also the screw thread is 1/4 inch so have only found an appropriate fitting on e-bay)

dd

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2017, 06:52:05 pm »
Cox reels built to last!
Why does the reel on the right in Dennis's picture have a cox reel logo on it then ?
I hear what you're saying though, they look very similar to the proloc reel that I have and it is a narrower drum. If on a budget I'd recommend the proloc , very robust quality for the price.
 https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwi9qba3pcLSAhWKLMAKHT3oAsYQFggkMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk%2Fproloc-heavy-duty-reel.html&usg=AFQjCNHrSnlholAt1n9rX-MglVWPvMFBXg
The cox reel looks very similar to the hannay which I have.

If you look on the Grippa or Gardiner websites, the cox reels shown are blue, wider and look like a blue version of the Hannay.

Maybe Grippa have supplied a cox reel that is not shown on their website. Either way Dennis' system looks good and they look like good quality reels in his picture.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2017, 04:17:56 pm »
heres a pic of one of ours that they are semi mounted and can be took out to free up space , they bolted on to 11ml ply with feet , they don't move around so best of both worlds , because we have never took them out , our lastest vans they just bolt right to the foor

Ordered two of these today. They are massive. No wonder you've got them facing sideways. They barely fit side by side. Hopefully I can return them for a fee. Overkill IMO.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2017, 09:30:21 pm »
we have them fitted side ways as its easyer to wide the hose in and quicker to do so , we buy them because they last for ever and never need anything doing to them even with our lot and the way they treat them , out oldest set are 5 years old and still going strong the vans wear out befour the reels do

windowswashed

« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2017, 11:08:43 pm »
Tried the petal reels to begin with, hated them, threw them out....rubbish. Got a large Ionics stainless one and had it fifteen years. Three or four years ago the welds snapped but I was running 300metres on it some days, Welded it back up and just keep 100metres on it now and still going strong, can't fault it, I would buy another despite the price:)

mark coates

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2017, 12:04:23 am »
We've got 2 vans with a grippatank system in each. We used the cox reels in one van and I had already bought the hanney reels so we fitted them in the other. Both reels are fantastic and work great with the hot water, which is what we use. If I had to say though, I would say that the hanney reels are slightly better, only because the handle is slightly shorter than the cox reels and therefore when reeling in you're making a smaller turning movement with your arm, which makes it slightly less tiring to reel in.

Either way, if you went for either of these reels you wouldn't be disappointed.

P @ F

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2017, 09:31:48 am »
What do people not like about the petal reels ?
I know they are not as cheap as they used to be but its all i have ever used and have not had any problems .
I do tweak mine a tad but nothing major , smooth as butter they be !

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Spruce

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2017, 11:01:31 am »
I know they are not as cheap as they used to be but its all i have ever used and have not had any problems .

Rich

Had our wheeled petal reels for 10 years. Just a drop of 3 in 1 oil on the bushes  occasionally and it is really very smooth. The shaft and bushes are wearing and there is a bit of play now, but they both have done us well.

All I've  had to do is replace the male hose connector and weld a new piece of metal on the front or leading support bar as that wore through with movement on the road.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

P @ F

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2017, 03:09:31 pm »

Rich

Had our wheeled petal reels for 10 years. Just a drop of 3 in 1 oil on the bushes  occasionally and it is really very smooth. The shaft and bushes are wearing and there is a bit of play now, but they both have done us well.

All I've  had to do is replace the male hose connector and weld a new piece of metal on the front or leading support bar as that wore through with movement on the road.

This is the type of petal i used , just modded it with bearings , the second pic is how i have it now , wanted rid of the metal frame to free up some space , the bearings cost about £7 each off fleabay .

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Simon Trapani

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2017, 04:10:32 pm »
Thanks guys. Probably gonna go for these now: http://purefreedom.co.uk/product/pure-freedom-professional-hose-and-reel/  and bolt through them to the floor. Just want something a bit better than petals for my new van but cannot justify the cost of 2 cox reels.

My petals have been fine apart from hose catching in the petals and going off down the side and getting caught in the bolts. They're a bit rough but have lasted me 7 years. Frames are going a bit rusty now. I find if I WD40 or similar then it over unreels. Anyone who has done this will know what I mean.