This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Trapani

Which fixed hose reel?
« on: February 27, 2017, 02:14:07 pm »
Hi guys.

I'm looking to buy two new fixed hosereels to replace my 'petal' style ones & all their problems.

I have mine fixed in the back of the van and we use cold water.

I think I've narrowed it down to a choice of these two:

http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/hose-hose-reels/hose-reels/pure-freedom-professional-metal-hose-reel.html

or

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-reels/professional-hot-water-hose-reels/460-fixed-hose-reel-130m.html

What do you guys think? Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Shrek

Re: Which fixed hose reel
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2017, 03:04:46 pm »
Iv got the pure freedom reel , its solid and because I use pipe clips screwed into the ply floor , I can take it out in seconds if I need more space for whatever else , I bought it autumn last year and it's started to squeak when reeling in , think it just needs some wd40 .
I would buy another though

tonycarr

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 06:15:51 pm »
i have 2 reels set up the petal type and also a claber and i personally  think the claber is better, for less than 50 quid you cant go wrong, dont let the price put you off, it really is excellent quality, runs really smooth and easily holds 100mtrs ive had it around a year now and its still smooth pulling out and reeling in. iv actually got another claber ready to go in the van as i think the bearings might be going on the wifes petal style reel

tony

T & J Window Cleaning services

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 06:20:10 pm »
cox reel.a lot more expensive but robust as hell.mine looks like it will last a lifetime! ;D
price higher/work harder!

p1w1

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2017, 06:24:16 pm »
power up hd reel ..

Simon Trapani

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2017, 06:25:22 pm »
I gotta but two though Daz as we have a two man setup so I think that's pushing the boat out a bit too far!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2017, 08:40:56 pm »
I've used cheapo Clabers from gardiners with no problems. They have dish type sides.

Buy a replacement every three years or so although I could get new "middles" but they're as cheap as chips.
It's a game of three halves!

Phil J

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 08:46:29 pm »
Go for the Pure Freedom double stacked reel it will save you loads of time and free up room in your van as opposed to 2 side by side.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 09:57:42 am »
Think that puts me off about double stacked though is the hose coming out at neck height as I walk away from the van?

We normally do the hose runs & then semi shut the back doors on the tucked down hose so they aren't a trip hazard. Enough for the doors to lock but not crush the hose.

DeLuce

Re: Which fixed hose reel?
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 10:27:34 pm »
I've got the one in your Gardiner link, but I bought mine from an Hydraulic pipe supplier. It's excellent. Very sturdy, robust. I like how it has decent bearings on the shaft and a hefty connector for your water supply. I've had it about 4+ years and it's quality. You can also grease the bearings due to grease nipples on the bearing housings. Forethought there  :P

David Beecroft

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2017, 10:45:10 pm »
I've fitted the Pure Freedom double stacked reel and found it very good. The height is not an issue generally although I do keep a conscious eye out that it doesn't become a snag hazard. The reels are so free wheeling that it normally releases enough hose to lay low near to the ground. Something to avoid are the extending rollers. I paid extra for them but I've taken them off as it works just as well without them and they prevented being able to reel the pole hose in along with the reel hose.
My local garage bolted it in for me, saves loads of room. Hope this helps.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2017, 05:03:34 pm »
Ok thanks guys.

see also Pure Freedom have brought out another fixed reel.

I'll give it some more thought.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2017, 07:24:15 pm »
we have the reel works reels in our vans 6 in total , there great and were well happy with them , two are on there second van now and have been in daily use for 5 years and there still going strong and we have never had any problems with them at all ,

a900

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2017, 10:40:02 pm »
I've got the one in your Gardiner link, but I bought mine from an Hydraulic pipe supplier. It's excellent. Very sturdy, robust. I like how it has decent bearings on the shaft and a hefty connector for your water supply. I've had it about 4+ years and it's quality. You can also grease the bearings due to grease nipples on the bearing housings. Forethought there  :P

Was it much cheaper from your other supplier? And who were they?

martin hulstone

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2017, 08:57:52 am »
we have the reel works reels in our vans 6 in total , there great and were well happy with them , two are on there second van now and have been in daily use for 5 years and there still going strong and we have never had any problems with them at all ,
[/quoteWhich one did you buy Susan and how much microbore can they hold? thanks.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 06:21:00 pm »
we have the 460s from gardiners , and we run 8ml  and still get 100m on them easy

SB Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2017, 07:05:23 pm »
Go for the Pure Freedom double stacked reel it will save you loads of time and free up room in your van as opposed to 2 side by side.
I have one of these and they are really good...saves on loads of space and solid design.

DeLuce

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2017, 05:36:05 am »

Was it much cheaper from your other supplier? And who were they?
[/quote]

I paid £127 for it a few years back. But, it was the shop window one, so just happened to be there at the right time, asking the right question!!  :D
Got from Blackwell Hydraulics which have now been bought out by Hydroscand.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2017, 03:38:16 pm »
I am now coming round to the idea of the double stacked one: http://www.purefreedom.co.uk/hose-hose-reels/hose-reels/pure-freedom-twin-stacked-professional-hose-reel.html

It's just that height putting doubt in my mind but I like the idea of not having to lean over 2 side by side reels to in order to reach my safety cones which can be quite a strain if carrying 5 or 6.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2017, 04:36:04 pm »
heres a pic of one of ours that they are semi mounted and can be took out to free up space , they bolted on to 11ml ply with feet , they don't move around so best of both worlds , because we have never took them out , our lastest vans they just bolt right to the foor