This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Suffolkcleaners

When do you change Resin?
« on: February 23, 2017, 07:22:44 pm »
Hi guys

I have a pure freedom GPD 450 RO unit and just wondering at what numbers you change the resin?

For some reason even when I change the resin the best it starts at is 004 and then ends up at 006 by the time I've filled a 1000 litre tank. I know the DI vessel that comes with it is pretty small.

Would you change resin if you were still below 010 in my shoes?  I read a thread on here that 010 is fine so  im assuming single figures of 004-009 are still ok?

Matt.

Re: When do you change Resin?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 07:27:12 pm »
I use 11ltr di bottles, these always seem fine, sometimes u can change the resin and it sits on 001, generally start to keep an eye on it when it starts to rise but 010 is ok

G Griffin

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 07:38:06 pm »
Would you change resin if you were still below 010 in my shoes? 
Why would do your store water in your shoes?
What size do you take, btw?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

SB Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 07:41:07 pm »
Up to 10 is fine....I have worked with 45tds not knowing how high it was and had no complaints  :D

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 07:56:27 pm »
Have changed the filters recently also but no idea why I can't get it to 000. Also it takes about 3 days to fill up my IBC 1000 litre tank although not a problem as enough for me.

I think making sure the resin canister is square is important also.

Would the type of resin help? Am using pure freedom.  Have heard Gardiners is good?

Shrek

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 08:09:00 pm »
I changed from a 1 Ltr resin vessel to an 11 ltr vessel at the end of November.
When I had the 1 ltr , it was rising to 001 after 1 week which was pi$$ing me off.
Iv had the 11 ltr for about 13 weeks now and it's still 000 coming out 🤔
I got my vessel ready filled from vyair, the other resin was either from pure freedom or gardiners for the 1ltr vessel

Don Kee

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 08:23:42 pm »
Have changed the filters recently also but no idea why I can't get it to 000. Also it takes about 3 days to fill up my IBC 1000 litre tank although not a problem as enough for me.

I think making sure the resin canister is square is important also.

Would the type of resin help? Am using pure freedom.  Have heard Gardiners is good?

When you changed your filters, did you flush your RO for a bit?
If so, you'll find you still get a bit of pure coming out but at a much higher TDS, if you didn't disconnect your resin cannister you may have spanked through the resin

I used to have a 450 and used the poxy little resin 'vessel' it came with...about as useful as kick in the groin. Was changing resin once a week minimum....
Got a 25litre vessel, changed resin once a year (well twice a year now but use alot more water!)

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 08:33:46 pm »
I got the same ro and diy set up from pure freedom when i first started and was paranoid about the all perfect 000tds. It didnt take long for di to raise and so i ordered another small canister full of di. So i had 2 di's. Still didnt take long for it to rise. So switched to a 20" di instead. Again no joy. Now i use a 4.5ltr and that seems to suit my needs, tho an 11ltr as some have said would last you for quite a while.
Also be aware of tds creep. Be worth disconnecting ro before di and wait for initial level to drop. You may find the initial drain of as high as 075 or higher and that wont help your resin's life span.
A booster pump, i use a 60psi pump (made in china) and that will help speed your production up but also make your membranes more efficient.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 09:01:19 pm »
Thanks guys. Question for Don.... I was under the impression the tiny little canister it comes with is the only one that fits without changing fittings? Would a 25 litre just connect without having to change fittings etc?

Yes I flush a fair bit but can't for the life of me get 000. Also what booster pump is best and can this be installed easily on this RO?

My water pressure is good by the way

the king

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 09:06:45 pm »
010 is fine i change mine at 005 ish

Stoots

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 09:46:41 pm »
I change mine when it gets to 001

Steven Biggs

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 09:52:44 pm »
Would you change resin if you were still below 010 in my shoes? 
Why would do your store water in your shoes?
What size do you take, btw?
the bigger the shoes the more water . But I would have thought it would be better to use wellies .

nathankaye

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 10:04:43 pm »

Very easy to sort out. At the end of RO, u should have like a TBar that feeds into your first membrane. Take that connection off and replace with an elbow connection. Then feed that to the booster and booster to your first membrane.
Whrn i got my 450gpd it came with 3 cannisters (sediment, and 2 carbon) and a forth being the DI.  Simply feed it into a larger di vessel with suitable 1/4 connections. You can readily get them from ebay and keep them as push fit.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 10:21:25 pm »
Great. Thanks Nathan. What pump is that? Can you advise exactly what connections I need(instructions for dummies) as I'm useless at this sort of thing. Can I get them from pure freedom also? Can you kindly put a step by step list for dummies what I need to get? :) thanks so much.

Ps how much improvement is it with a booster pump? How long to fill 1000 litres? Also my wife has gone mental at the water bill (on a meter) and was £370 for just under 4 months. Apparently there is a meter you can fix on this to prove all the water isn't going to sewage.

Can anyone advise on this?

nathankaye

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 12:35:45 am »
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4-6ltr-EMPTY-DI-VESSEL-Window-Cleaning-Bio-Filter-6-5inch-x-15-5-with-head/152437080991

Then just look on ebay for push fit 3/4 thread to 1/4 push fit. This will allow you to still use the blue pipe to connect to the new DI vessel and then whichever pipe + size connection for the outflow to your storage tank.
The booster pump in my opinion should be after your prefilters but before your membrane.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reverse-Osmosis-RO-Unit-Booster-Pump-With-Transformer-and-Fittings-50-75-100gpd-/271391077970?var=&hash=item3f302b3652
This comes with 1/4 push fittings
My pressure reading is taken after the prefilters as shown in my photo. Without the pump on, i have about 35psi going through my membranes and into the DI, so this will slow it down more so. I think the membranes run more efficiently at 70 psi. My booster increases that psi to 65-70psi and takes roughly under 36hrs to fill 1000l ibc.  (Currently filling my ibc from nearly empty, so might reset that time)

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

CleanClear

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 01:27:58 am »
Great. Thanks Nathan. What pump is that? Can you advise exactly what connections I need(instructions for dummies) as I'm useless at this sort of thing. Can I get them from pure freedom also? Can you kindly put a step by step list for dummies what I need to get? :) thanks so much.

Ps how much improvement is it with a booster pump? How long to fill 1000 litres? Also my wife has gone mental at the water bill (on a meter) and was £370 for just under 4 months. Apparently there is a meter you can fix on this to prove all the water isn't going to sewage.

Can anyone advise on this?

Answer these in order if you can...........

1; What is your tap water TDS?

2; How much water do you need a week ?

3; Are you on a meter ?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2017, 05:57:35 pm »
Thanks very much Nathan. Clean clear answer to your questions..

1... TDS tap water is around 354ppm(very hard water in Suffolk)

2... I use around 800-1000 litres a week from barrels but always like to have my IBC tank filled with back up water after I've filled around 800 odd litres into containers.

3. Yes on a water meter unfortunately. To fill my IBC tank the tap(which is installed in my garage is running non stop for around 36-48 hours to fill it up(that's without a booster pump)

Thanks

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2017, 06:06:48 pm »
Nathan... is your pump the 50/75 or 100 GPD? As a few options. Also the fitting I have found on eBay is called John guest 1/4 pushfit to 3/4 BSP thread. Is that right? Also is it just one of them I need?

Suffolkcleaners

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2017, 06:18:43 pm »
Thought it might be easier to take a few pics of my set up. You can see the RO and the tap installed above IBC tank. The waste pipe goes round the back of the tank and under garage door to an outside drain.

Do I need an elbow connection also Nathan?

Don Kee

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2017, 06:26:42 pm »
Thanks guys. Question for Don.... I was under the impression the tiny little canister it comes with is the only one that fits without changing fittings? Would a 25 litre just connect without having to change fittings etc?

Yes I flush a fair bit but can't for the life of me get 000. Also what booster pump is best and can this be installed easily on this RO?

My water pressure is good by the way

Aquatec 8800 is the best booster for that RO in my experience, its made from continuous use and is adjustable (you can change the pressure/psi to what you want)

You can fit what ever sized DI you like mate, all you need to do is put a 1/4" (thats your hose size) fitting on the inlet to the DI (the outlet can be any size you want as this is your pure and jusy goes into your storage tank)
Just a case of screwing it in with PTFE and then popping the hose from your RO into it

I got the 1/4" fitting from Daqua, wasn't much at all from memory, maybe around £3-£5, and was here the next day