This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Trad - Man

Trad - Man On Youtube
« on: February 23, 2017, 10:17:26 am »
Hello my name is Trad - Man and I would like to say hello as I'm new to the forum and also would like to share my Youtube channel which is all on Traditional Window Cleaning, from tool reviews to techniques to how to cut that squeegee rubber mm perfect everytime! Check it out guys;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCct7HPBHuBkzW-rk2wRHfgQ
Trad - Man

Smurf

Re: Trad - Man On Youtube
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 01:42:33 pm »
Welcome Trad-Man.

Still I can help wondering how long before you will be  changing your name to WFP-Man.

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 01:53:30 pm »

jk999

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 01:59:55 pm »
That window s easy to do wfp

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 02:28:16 pm »
That window s easy to do wfp
Indeed...
Also those are Tilt & Turn windows (fully open inwards) so even the custard could clean them  from the inside instead  of risking yer life for a poxy few bob. lol

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 03:17:47 pm »
Hi Trad-man, welcome to the forum. Please post your trad tips as they will be very useful for those who need to do insides and who have never really learned trad methods properly.

However I would disabuse you of the cosy yet misguided notion that the windows - in your video of how "to safely use a ladder" to get above an extension - are not easy to do with wfp.

I am in my late fifties and those windows are easy to get to wfp. No strain on my arms or shoulders to speak of and no more ache than carrying a ladder used to give me.

Also the circular rungs of your ladder are uncomfortable to stand on - "square" or even better - "D-ring" provide better comfort and grip for your feet.

Finally - especially as you are a father of a little lad, and you are a young man (anyone under 40 is a young to me!) I would strongly encourage you to go wfp as soon as you possibly can. It is much safer. As a bonus it is much quicker and a far better earner.

If you feel you cannot give up your USP of being a very professional trad man then get a backpack and just do upper windows with it. You'll soon realise that van mounted wfp is the way to go.

It's a game of three halves!

Soupy

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 03:33:07 pm »
Hi Trad-man, welcome to the forum. Please post your trad tips as they will be very useful for those who need to do insides and who have never really learned trad methods properly.

However I would disabuse you of the cosy yet misguided notion that the windows - in your video of how "to safely use a ladder" to get above an extension - are not easy to do with wfp.

I am in my late fifties and those windows are easy to get to wfp. No strain on my arms or shoulders to speak of and no more ache than carrying a ladder used to give me.

Also the circular rungs of your ladder are uncomfortable to stand on - "square" or even better - "D-ring" provide better comfort and grip for your feet.

Finally - especially as you are a father of a little lad, and you are a young man (anyone under 40 is a young to me!) I would strongly encourage you to go wfp as soon as you possibly can. It is much safer. As a bonus it is much quicker and a far better earner.

If you feel you cannot give up your USP of being a very professional trad man then get a backpack and just do upper windows with it. You'll soon realise that van mounted wfp is the way to go.

He knows, he is very experienced in wfp and ladder work.

There is a market for trad, no matter what us pole monkeys tell ourselves, Trad - man seems to know what he's doing.

brianbarber

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 08:18:42 pm »
Hello my name is Trad - Man and I would like to say hello as I'm new to the forum and also would like to share my Youtube channel which is all on Traditional Window Cleaning, from tool reviews to techniques to how to cut that squeegee rubber mm perfect everytime! Check it out guys;

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCct7HPBHuBkzW-rk2wRHfgQ

Welcome, also, get hold of Marcus, he's nasssttyy with a squeegee apparently......

Go wfp....you know it makes sense.
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2017, 08:40:20 pm »
welcome "trad man".ive watched some  your videos and its like looking at my past window cleaning life! ;D

enjoy it mate but dont limit yourself to just trad.wfp is such a good window cleaning tool you shouldnt ignore it.

water fed poles these days are a lot lighter and more rigid and the whole industry is much more developed now with better products hitting the market that make your days even easier and more profitable.

(by the way i was 100% trad for 17 years(including trad pole work as well as ladders)7 years WFP.

BEST WISHES
price higher/work harder!

Soupy

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2017, 08:42:06 pm »
welcome "trad man".ive watched some  your videos and its like looking at my past window cleaning life! ;D

enjoy it mate but dont limit yourself to just trad.wfp is such a good window cleaning tool you shouldnt ignore it.

water fed poles these days are a lot lighter and more rigid and the whole industry is much more developed now with better products hitting the market that make your days even easier and more profitable.

(by the way i was 100% trad for 17 years(including trad pole work as well as ladders)7 years WFP.

BEST WISHES

Again, he knows and has made an informed choice.

the king

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2017, 09:04:11 pm »
nice to c some trad work alltho if i was to trad this, ide have put the ladder on the side not on the gutter even tho the h.s. police  may say its to steep  ::)roll or risking your life  ::)roll 

CleanClear

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2017, 11:16:11 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwt3AfnMjuo

Hmmmm....

That just needs two follow up vids.....
How to claim sickness benefit if you injure yourself by slipping , and how to replace broken roof tiles for when you break 'em. I think he's got it all covered then.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Tosh

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2017, 11:27:19 pm »
And it's a dodgy DIY ladder.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

NWH

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 11:45:17 pm »
You will never ever beat the pole with a blade unless it's a car showroom with huge windows and even then it would have to be a wagtail,on houses of any decent size you will never ever be as quick as WFP not if the poles in my hand anyway. You say you can knock 5 minutes off of a house,try knocking off an hour or 45 minutes on one,that's saving time,im  not knocking your way of doing it but to say you'll beat the pole is dreaming not taking into account Georgian or lead windows.

rosskesava

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2017, 12:46:44 am »
I think it's a bit unfair to knock the bloke just for being trad. If he's happy cleaning windows that way, then that is his choice.

He obviously knows about wfp.

What I find questionable and as mentioned above is the idea that there is a safer way to get on to a sloping roof and go up the tiles. There isn't a safe way with unsecured ladders and without something to stop you if you slip, like a properly secured kick board to stop the fall from the roof, so the question of 'safer' is in reality a fallacy, It's more of a case of 'I havn't had an accident yet' so this is the safest way which is confusing acceptable risk and taking precautions with 'I've been ok so far so it's safe'.

It's like dangerous driving when the driver bases the risk on not having had a pile up in the past.

There again, if you're going to clean windows that way then maybe a bit of advice is good as to how to reduce the risk as far as possible.

Then that ignores the law that says you should always have at least two ways available to clean windows, one with ladders and at least one without using them, and always choose the safest option taking into account the job being done. In reality, the only real test of what the law dictates is when an accident happens and the person ends up in court.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 08:11:15 am »
i winced when i seen him climbing on that sloped roof! ::)roll

i used to do it all the time for years though and never even gave it a second thought.i wouldnt do it now.not ever.

it seems really dumb now to climb ladders just to clean an upper window(50 times a day,250 times a week,1000 times a month,11,000 times a year.it only takes one slip to hurt yourself(or worse end your window cleaning career/life).
price higher/work harder!

Smurf

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2017, 09:22:17 am »
That's why most trad guy's with any sense after a near miss or fall end up using wfp method.
Mind for some it does take a wee while for the penny to drop though even after learning how to trad pole.
Wagga for instance took him 20 odd years to figure that one out. lol

Anyway for someone to call themselves  a  proper window cleaner they should be proficient at all methods at his/her disposal which is most suited for the task in hand.

Stoots

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2017, 09:54:03 am »
Why would you do that when wfp is so cheap.

I know you are looking at a USP but can you really be more profitable trad than wfp? Even if you are charging more for trad surely you it can't be.

Why risk your life like that it's crazy. Get wfp and make your life easier

NWH

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2017, 12:58:18 pm »
Like I say I don't want to knock what you do but you cannot compare traditional methods to WFP in the hands of an experienced poler,those roof windows I'd have had done and cleaned within 30-40 seconds on average with no damage to me or the roof. Like it or not no matter how you climb on a roof you'll crack or weaken em,I've cleaned traditional for 14-15 years and cracked a few myself,the best WFPolers will have been traditional at some point for a good few years,if you can't clean quick and proficiently with a blade you'll never have all the tools to clean all types of jobs well.

nathankaye

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2017, 01:56:46 pm »
Personally i feel for ones who jump straight in on wfp, without ever doing trad work. 1 it gives you more appreciation for what your doing on wfp and 2 you have an understanding of how windows should be cleaned and how to do so including add on jobs.

I also look back and laugh how i used to risk pain or near death bouncing ladders for just one window. Ridiculous
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk