This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CleanerCarpets

Re: any one heard Monty Solution
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2018, 11:36:58 pm »
is that collected? cheapest i've found online is about £16 for 25 litres

Tony Thomson

« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2018, 10:29:22 am »
Hi

I came across this thread because I was looking for more info on Monty Miracle. (My mother was just about to buy some.) In common with several others in this thread I was simply interested in the main ingredients in Monty Miracle but frustrated by the lack of basic disclosure.

For the record I’ve a Ph.D in the chemistry area and 21 U.S Patents so perhaps I can give some comment on chemistry and the patent application that Mr Beumont has filed.

The filing details of the application are:
Application Number: GB1604140.2
Publication Number: GB2548343
Filing Date: 10 March 2016
Publication Date: 20 Sept 2017
Title: External Surface Cleaning Composition

The entire contents of the application are freely available in the public domain. (See this link: https://www.ipo.gov.uk/p-find-publication-getPDF.pdf?PatentNo=GB2548343&DocType=A&JournalNumber=6696)

The application discloses Hypochlorite as the main ingredient. The main inventive step claimed appears to be, in my opinion, a reduction in the amount of hypochlorite usually used (‘.. below a level conventionally considered essential for effective cleaning ..’) by combining with a material such as potassium hydroxide.

The application gives no comparative data concerning the inventors  composition and competitive products or even versus hypochlorite only.

Whether or not this patent application will be allowed remains to be seen. Reckitt & Colman Inc patented hypochlorite / hydroxide compositions for hard surface cleaning some time ago (for example US Patent 5624891).

I hope this sheds some light on those in this thread who simply wanted to understand the general nature of what’s likely to be in the discussed product.
Given that the application is in the public domain, if the product being marketed is similar to the compositions claimed in the application, why not at least in general terms, confirm the main ingredients?

If anyone is really motivated they can purchase a hypochlorite test kit to determine its presence.

Regardless, if Mr Beaumont has a great product good luck to him.

Smudger

« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2018, 11:40:47 am »
 >:(
Hi

I came across this thread because I was looking for more info on Monty Miracle. (My mother was just about to buy some.) In common with several others in this thread I was simply interested in the main ingredients in Monty Miracle but frustrated by the lack of basic disclosure.

For the record I’ve a Ph.D in the chemistry area and 21 U.S Patents so perhaps I can give some comment on chemistry and the patent application that Mr Beumont has filed.

The filing details of the application are:
Application Number: GB1604140.2
Publication Number: GB2548343
Filing Date: 10 March 2016
Publication Date: 20 Sept 2017
Title: External Surface Cleaning Composition

The entire contents of the application are freely available in the public domain. (See this link: https://www.ipo.gov.uk/p-find-publication-getPDF.pdf?PatentNo=GB2548343&DocType=A&JournalNumber=6696)

The application discloses Hypochlorite as the main ingredient. The main inventive step claimed appears to be, in my opinion, a reduction in the amount of hypochlorite usually used (‘.. below a level conventionally considered essential for effective cleaning ..’) by combining with a material such as potassium hydroxide.

The application gives no comparative data concerning the inventors  composition and competitive products or even versus hypochlorite only.

Whether or not this patent application will be allowed remains to be seen. Reckitt & Colman Inc patented hypochlorite / hydroxide compositions for hard surface cleaning some time ago (for example US Patent 5624891).

I hope this sheds some light on those in this thread who simply wanted to understand the general nature of what’s likely to be in the discussed product.
Given that the application is in the public domain, if the product being marketed is similar to the compositions claimed in the application, why not at least in general terms, confirm the main ingredients?

If anyone is really motivated they can purchase a hypochlorite test kit to determine its presence.

Regardless, if Mr Beaumont has a great product good luck to him.
What a great post
Thank you for taking the time to share the info
Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk