Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nick Evans

Hi everyone,

Was hoping to get a bit of advice from any pressure washing business's that have experience in commercial work.

I've been running my own external cleaning business as a sole trader for a few years now, mainly as a driveway & patio pressure washing service. Business is fairly good, but I know it could be better, especially if I cracked into the commercial side of things i.e pubs,  coffee shops, shop fronts, etc , this I think is where the real money is. What I would like to know is how do I go about breaking into this, i'm getting contradictory advice from different people, one opinion is that I should cold call by walking in and asking directly if they need my services and give them a brochure , another opinion is, that walking in is too forward and not very professional and I should send a letter with a brochure, others say that improving my website and making it clear that I offer commercial services and spend money on google Adwords is the best way. I'm a little bit stuck in seeing what the best approach would be, so if there's any pressure washing business that has been through this themselves, your opinion and advice would be very much appreciated.

Smudger

Re: How to get commercial work for a pressure washing business?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2018, 11:51:25 am »
I doubt if anyone here can or will give you an answer business development is a personal thing that most don’t want to share

Firstly what equipment do you have, without decent kit you will never be able to do commercial work
Are you one man or have employees?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Darran Smith PRSS

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 06:06:00 am »
Hi everyone,

Was hoping to get a bit of advice from any pressure washing business's that have experience in commercial work.

I've been running my own external cleaning business as a sole trader for a few years now, mainly as a driveway & patio pressure washing service. Business is fairly good, but I know it could be better, especially if I cracked into the commercial side of things i.e pubs,  coffee shops, shop fronts, etc , this I think is where the real money is. What I would like to know is how do I go about breaking into this, i'm getting contradictory advice from different people, one opinion is that I should cold call by walking in and asking directly if they need my services and give them a brochure , another opinion is, that walking in is too forward and not very professional and I should send a letter with a brochure, others say that improving my website and making it clear that I offer commercial services and spend money on google Adwords is the best way. I'm a little bit stuck in seeing what the best approach would be, so if there's any pressure washing business that has been through this themselves, your opinion and advice would be very much appreciated.

You need to come on one of our courses https://events.softwash-systems.com/sales-bootcamp/
When you want the very best SoftWashing Equipment for your business.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 11:41:26 am »
😂
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Mick Kent

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 06:00:25 pm »
Yes deffo get on Darrans course, many think they are Billy Big balls but following suit of the likes of purple Rhino would push you to better places than not.

Darran Smith PRSS

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2018, 07:06:41 am »
Hi everyone,

You need to go on a course
When you want the very best SoftWashing Equipment for your business.