This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shrek

Spent all day cleaning ones windows.....
« on: August 30, 2016, 08:38:49 am »
Just read this story , some guy stabbed his neighbour for dirtying his windows after spending all day on them. Bottom line is , anyone who spends all day on one house will never make it in the window cleaning industry

http://www.lep.co.uk/your-lancashire/preston/ribbleton/man-stabbed-neighbour-in-row-over-water-bombs-1-8094699

SeanK

Re: Spent all day cleaning ones windows.....
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2016, 09:04:32 am »
Bottom line is the guy couldn't even look after his own property in peace without the spoilt neighbours kids driving him to
despair.
I had a whole mornings work ruined by the exact same and I can tell you if I hadn't deliberately got into my van and left there would have been violence as the parents didn't want to know.
Went back round that evening to inform my customers of why their windows where in a bad state and none where surprised by
the behaviour, I did clean them again for free when the little scumbags where not about.

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2016, 09:16:04 am »
Thanks for sharing, I just read the article but thought the bottom line was don't drink cans of Guiness.

Shrek

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 09:26:47 am »
Gotta admit , it is frustrating when you've just cleaned them and the next door neighbour is watering their plants that are hanging on the fence and accidentally sprays my windows with that dirty tap water . Had to get my backpack out again and spend another 30 seconds cleaning the window

Smurf

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 10:18:32 am »
Not being funny but a bit of tap water splashed on glass is not the end of the world for "normal" people.

I think you have to be mentaly deranged to think otherwise as only takes seconds to give them a quick wipe over. That's if like me you can be bothered at all when my grandchildren come over and play water bombs with next door kids like they did last week.

So what they may dry out a bit spotty but just wipes off if they did. All the same you don't go around trying to kill people over it surley?

To top it off it wasn't his house anyway but was just visiting his girlfriend. If you ask me that nutter should be locked up for good as is a danger to society.

nathankaye

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2016, 10:27:34 am »
The world is getting worse.
Stabbings for dirty windows
Babies being killed for crying too much
Kids being used as suicide bombers
People dying for not being muslims
People being shot when just doing their shopping.

Bottom line is, keep your eyes down, crack on with your business and hopefully non of that would happen to us
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2016, 10:34:53 am »
I don't understand no matter how much you lose your rag you can do so.ething so daft as to stab someone.

I mean don't you Think best case scenario us your going down for a year or so worst case scenario your going down for life.  I mean who would risk it. 

Smurf

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2016, 10:41:38 am »
I would say a lot of the incidents we read about are due to mental health issues as no "normal" person would do such things.

Soupy

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2016, 10:45:51 am »

You are less likely to die a violent death now than at any other point in human history.

Smurf

« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2016, 10:52:24 am »
Tell that to the family of the old boy that got stabbed to death recently in a road rage incident by a nutter as I'm sure that will comfort them. ::)roll

Soupy

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2016, 12:23:36 pm »
Tell that to the family of the old boy that got stabbed to death recently in a road rage incident by a nutter as I'm sure that will comfort them. ::)roll

Don't really see the relevance.

Smurf

« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2016, 12:30:06 pm »
The point I'm trying to make you would be rather peed off with some clown telling you that if something happened to a member of your family.

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2016, 12:57:43 pm »
Clowns or little blue men , I wouldn't listen to either of them.  ;)

I was asked by a walk up to clean 2 flats, a first and ground floor. Whilst cleaning them the basement owner returned home and went ballistic not because of the windows but because of plants ffs even though I apologised for upsetting him explained just water, no soap etc. asked if he would like me to stop ? he launched in to a verbally aggressive assault on me, I had to leave jobs half done and give payment back. I very nearly lost my cool but glad now I didn't.

Although at the time I did think about going back late at night after the pub to 'water' his plants for him.

Smurf

« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2016, 02:03:10 pm »
Clowns or little blue men , I wouldn't listen to either of them.  ;)

I was asked by a walk up to clean 2 flats, a first and ground floor. Whilst cleaning them the basement owner returned home and went ballistic not because of the windows but because of plants ffs even though I apologised for upsetting him explained just water, no soap etc. asked if he would like me to stop ? he launched in to a verbally aggressive assault on me, I had to leave jobs half done and give payment back. I very nearly lost my cool but glad now I didn't.

Although at the time I did think about going back late at night after the pub to 'water' his plants for him.

The is no amount of reasoning with some folk. That is another good reason why I avoid flats unless I have the contract to do them all.

Tom White

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2016, 02:06:52 pm »
Stabbings for dirty windows
Babies being killed for crying too much
Kids being used as suicide bombers
People dying for not being muslims
People being shot when just doing their shopping.

Bottom line is, keep your eyes down, crack on with your business and hopefully non of that would happen to us

It's not getting worse and worse; it's getting better and better - fact!

http://reason.com/archives/2012/01/11/the-decline-of-violence

You are less likely to die a violent death today than at any other time in human history. In fact, violence has been declining for centuries.

We don't have superpowers trying to kill each other anymore; a first in a few thousand years.

And lots of other reasons.

Our perception might be that 'things are getting worse', but that's down to 24/7 media.

Tom White

« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2016, 02:08:26 pm »

You are less likely to die a violent death now than at any other point in human history.

Soupy's beaten me to it.

Apologies. ;D

« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2016, 02:15:30 pm »
Smurf, I live and work in Brighton. Unless you have been established something like 20 plus years and can afford to be choosey you will need to  clean flats. Those big  regency properties are no longer whole houses  but maybe as many as 6 - 8  flats, even a lot of the 2 and 3 storey terraced town houses too are now divided up as was the case I mentioned.  In fact that's the reason wfp cleaners seem to have thrived  in this town in recent years

Smurf

« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2016, 03:00:15 pm »
Well maybe in future why not notify other flat ocupants in advance as would only be polite to do so. You never know you might get other work out of it instead of some nutter going ape at you.

Soupy

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2016, 03:14:43 pm »
In fact that's the reason wfp cleaners seem to have thrived  in this town in recent years

I heard that they like a big pole in Brighton.

Smurf

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2016, 03:21:21 pm »
From the tv documentry I've seen recently about the ambulance service Brighton seems full of nutters.