This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

How much would you charge for this?
« on: July 31, 2016, 10:08:10 am »
Hi, I've decided to target larger more exclusive houses. How much do you think I could charge for the property below once every 8 weeks?

Most of my work is the standard 3-bed semi type houses around £15 so it's hard to judge.

I live in the south-east this property is just outside of Tonbridge. I'm thinking around £60?
Thanks

Matt.

Re: How much would you charge for this?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 10:13:01 am »
£60 as a minimum mate

W.booler

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 10:15:10 am »
You've started something now!  ::)roll

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 10:17:26 am »
£60 as a minimum mate

Yeah I definitely wouldn't do it for less than that  8)

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 10:20:41 am »
You've started something now!  ::)roll

Sorry  :-\ I don't have much experience with these type of houses (customers). Really want to take my business in a totally different direction. I'll have to canvas these houses, flying dropping won't do. So I want to have a good idea of what to charge
 8)

sunshine windows

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2016, 11:13:58 am »
Depends on travel time
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

slap bash

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2016, 11:17:30 am »
I would charge 65 quid if its regular  85 if its a one off.

Shrek

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2016, 11:18:05 am »
£60

Tosh

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2016, 12:13:37 pm »
£85.00
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2016, 12:24:52 pm »
I made a point of looking at the pics before scrolling down to replies. You say £15 for reg 3 bed semis, I worked it out on one of these taking you approx 4 times longer and so also arrived at £60 +.

matty72

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2016, 12:28:03 pm »
I reckon 40 to 60 would be ok, once windows are clean how long would it really take

Shrek

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2016, 12:44:54 pm »
I don't do any 8 week work but I reckon 40 mins-1hr

Ian101

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2016, 01:17:27 pm »
I started getting more jobs like this and tbh first few I under-priced as didn't take into account the physical size of some of these properties I now do ... had to increase one from £120 to £210 which actually stayed as a customer.

Only thing I can add to what others have said is to charge loads more per hour as they feel comfortable with high prices as this is linked to quality in their head - obviously u need to be perfect with your cleaning and sometimes go the extra mile with scheduling but that's what they're paying for.

Any that want to penny pinch get rid / don't take on.

That house in pictures I would price and get at £95 on a quarterly basis @ £60 too cheap .. maybe even push it to £120

lal

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2016, 01:37:03 pm »

90 pounds minimum

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2016, 01:41:41 pm »
I started getting more jobs like this and tbh first few I under-priced as didn't take into account the physical size of some of these properties I now do ... had to increase one from £120 to £210 which actually stayed as a customer.

Only thing I can add to what others have said is to charge loads more per hour as they feel comfortable with high prices as this is linked to quality in their head - obviously u need to be perfect with your cleaning and sometimes go the extra mile with scheduling but that's what they're paying for.

Any that want to penny pinch get rid / don't take on.

That house in pictures I would price and get at £95 on a quarterly basis @ £60 too cheap .. maybe even push it to £120

Thanks, that's a real eye opener.

Your right, need to make these places pay or there's no point going for them over ordinary houses.

Tom-01

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2016, 01:45:20 pm »
We've got one pretty similar to that, a couple more windows and two dormers, but no actual window sills which is surprising how much quicker the clean is. Its £110 8 weekly. For that one you should go £90 minimum IMO.

matty72

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2016, 01:53:23 pm »
so how does everyone work out there price nowadays, do you go by how long you think it takes you, or as i do go by the number of windows, it just seems to me if that house took say 30 to 60 mins to clean and you charge say £100, five of them and your on £500 a day, does anyone charge per window and how much, i still say pound for most windows and very big windows 2 or 3.

SeanK

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2016, 02:13:37 pm »
£300 for that they get a written guarantee that I wont pee in the pool.

Tom-01

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2016, 02:25:14 pm »
so how does everyone work out there price nowadays, do you go by how long you think it takes you, or as i do go by the number of windows, it just seems to me if that house took say 30 to 60 mins to clean and you charge say £100, five of them and your on £500 a day, does anyone charge per window and how much, i still say pound for most windows and very big windows 2 or 3.

That's a good question Matty, I'm sure we all do it slightly differently... To try and get 5 houses like that day in day out is practically impossible I think (I may be wrong). Bigger houses will drop you, move or be a pain just as much as the 15 quidders. A mix of GOOD customers across different price ranges is fine I think.

For me I don't have a set way of pricing.. Any job is minimum £20, so a one bed flat could be the same as a two bed house. I also take into consideration having to get the ladder off the van if needed to get onto flat roofs (generally now and extra £5 if we need to do that). For smaller jobs quoted via our website its £1.60 per 'window or door hole' - this works out pretty good for regular houses, 3 bedders etc. We have a disclaimer which states its subject to a survey.

I actually prefer to go and look at jobs still because I can charge more as opposed to going off of a price menu. I also take into consideration the area, the house, the person and yes what cars are on the drive - I want us to earn maximum for our time so if they can afford it I will quote it - if reasonable and I can justify my price to the customer and to myself, leave cheaper prices to others. There's an amount in turnover I feel we can achieve minimum each day with quality jobs, thats what I price according to. There's someone selling some work I know of, turnover is impressive on paper. However when delving a bit deeper into figures (Dragons Den type) it transpired he had double the work we have, effectively half price each job, to me it doesn't make sense.

Tom-01

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2016, 02:25:35 pm »
£300 for that they get a written guarantee that I wont pee in the pool.

What about leaving a floater??