This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Re: How much would you charge for this?
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2016, 02:49:28 pm »
I do a whole cu-de-sac of them - don't need to move the van either. Get about ten done before lunch time. £180 every half hour.

Shrek

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2016, 02:52:40 pm »
I do a whole cu-de-sac of them - don't need to move the van either. Get about ten done before lunch time. £180 every half hour.

Bet you couldn't hit those figures if you ate a proper breakfast instead of skipping meals so you can work more!  :P

matty72

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2016, 03:47:15 pm »
Tom, £20 min a job , do u mean that, wouldn't that mean you cant do alot or do you just concentrate on large houses.

Tosh

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2016, 05:21:47 pm »
£300 for that they get a written guarantee that I wont pee in the pool.

What about leaving a floater??

Floaters, that's another 20. Notes.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

johnny bravo

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2016, 05:43:02 pm »
£80 an hour,     if they made there money legit they will not want to be over charged for the time it will take to do.   if you keep your price good then you can use them as a refference for neighbours in that area,   Id say £50.  dont rush it, may have cctv.   explain to them if you are wfp.   no ladder marks on walls or sills,  enhance your pure water tech. cleaning. 
then skinny dipping after on a hot day.

johnny bravo

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2016, 05:45:06 pm »
wfp, should take 30-45 minutes

Tom-01

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2016, 06:07:22 pm »
Tom, £20 min a job , do u mean that, wouldn't that mean you cant do alot or do you just concentrate on large houses.

Yep I mean that. I have older work that is less than £20, but not much anymore. £20 has been the minimum for quite a while now and we get lots of work - most work is more than £20 anyway.

Smurf

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2016, 06:44:25 pm »
I would just pass it on to my mate lance as can't be arsed with regular window cleaning anymore.
That's after I take my cut on every clean of course  ;D ;D

Quartly -   £208
Bi monthly - £170
Monthly     - £ 97

Or whatever I fancy charging at the time not forgetting to add arsehole tax and travel time too if required.

JandS

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2016, 07:08:43 pm »
Some strange prices...why not price it for monthly at £35 per hour then see how long it takes you...some of the prices on here are not real......some of the work I have been picking up round here as been overpriced and run by what I can only describe as bully boy tactics...the customer did not want them because they did a crap job for a high price but we're too scared to say no....until one did.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Tom-01

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2016, 07:58:34 pm »
Some strange prices...why not price it for monthly at £35 per hour then see how long it takes you...some of the prices on here are not real......some of the work I have been picking up round here as been overpriced and run by what I can only describe as bully boy tactics...the customer did not want them because they did a crap job for a high price but we're too scared to say no....until one did.

They should have done a great job at a high price and not been bully's then  :)

Stoots

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2016, 09:51:10 pm »
£40 would be fine, if can get more great...an hour tops?

Smurf

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2016, 09:53:57 pm »
40 squid you must be having a laugh  :o

Tosh

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2016, 09:55:45 pm »

It's a race to the bottom for some.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

Smurf

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2016, 10:02:07 pm »

Seems that way for sure but I'm betting the local old school trad guy in the village would do it cheaper still   ;D

SeanK

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2016, 10:12:25 pm »

Seems that way for sure but I'm betting the local old school trad guy in the village would do it cheaper still   ;D

I cant figure out where its a race to, you have guys pricing a property on another post that's at least five times smaller than this one for £35 to £40 and the same guys pricing this property at around £90 to £110.
Something doesn't add up. lol.

nathankaye

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2016, 10:24:29 pm »
How confident are you?
How professional looking are you and your set up?
Do you have a quality web page to refer to?
I ask these, as you said you havent ventured into the higher end of the game yet with these types of property. You have to look the part and then prove that you can deliver. So your price needs to reflect these things. As someones earlier post mentioned, people who live in those properties are used to paying more, ie ultility bills, council tax etc etc. They also pay for quality and expect both and also have an image to upkeep so would want professional looking people at their property.
Sell yourself and the high quality and advantages of wfp to them.  The price then reflects this. I would go in no less than 90.

How many of those semi at £15 a pot do you clean in an hr? If they are in the same street as most of mine are, im guessing within around 12/15mins finished one and starting next. So if averaging 60 quid in mediocre areas within the hr can you not understand how in a much nicer area and different style windows that you need to be charging way higher than £60.

(A major silly comparison, a 1ltr bottle of water from your supermarket cost how much? Then price it up from say a local chippy, then a restaurant and finally a posh restaurant!  Same water, but slightly different factors and the price can double, tripple or more!!)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Smurf

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2016, 10:32:16 pm »

I cant figure out where its a race to, you have guys pricing a property on another post that's at least five times smaller than this one for £35 to £40 and the same guys pricing this property at around £90 to £110.
Something doesn't add up. lol.

Well we have to remain competitive I guess or have less chance of gaining other properties that size nearby. Good priced compact work is the key I suppose rather than spending all hours godsend travelling. 

Smurf

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2016, 10:41:08 pm »
Oh I forgot to mention some that live in posh houses are tight arses when it comes to spending money on the likes of window cleaning but will think nothing of spending thousands on themselves.  ;D

nathankaye

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2016, 10:50:56 pm »
Perhaps a side point but perhaps relative as well (maybe)

Have you noticed how, ones who consider themselves living in a posh area are arrogant bleeeps! (Lol, no swearing policy esp on here) yet ones who are trully wealthy are really down to earth nice people.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

SeanK

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2016, 11:05:17 pm »
Oh I forgot to mention some that live in posh houses are tight arses when it comes to spending money on the likes of window cleaning but will think nothing of spending thousands on themselves.  ;D

A lot of its down to how they got/ earned their money, a factory owner paying their staff minimum wage isn't going to
see paying a window cleaner £50 an hour as value for money, while a banker making money for old rope isn't going to think
much off it.