This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ashley Brothwood

Gutter Vacs
« on: July 23, 2016, 09:41:14 pm »
Hi,

I'm looking at getting a gutter vac to add onto our services and have been looking at a few online.

Are the more expensive ones ie Grippa Vac, Sky Vac (£1500-£2000) worth double the prices of the ones from gutter clearance systems and cleaning warehouse (£500-£1000)

Were looking at ones for 3 stories at least and possible use on commercial buildings / possible interior using them probably once or twice a week,

Thanks
Ashley

the king

Re: Gutter Vacs
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2016, 10:12:33 pm »
ive got the streem vac same as grippa them numitic hovers are bullet proof  they go on for ever i have 4 friends with them and not one has burnt out one is over 6 years old mine has good suction  power not as powerfull as the sky vac but plenty anouth for all the jobs ive done so far its 2400w so can be pluged in to custmers electric throu a heavy duty extension lead so no genny needed 

Ashley Brothwood

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2016, 10:31:09 pm »
thanks yes ive had a look at the GrippaVAC Outdoor 36ft Commercial Pro Kit vs Commercial SkyVac 75 (Wet & Dry), they are both about the same lift power - Grippa 2600mm vs Skyvac 2540mm

It would just come down to poles and accessories as the prices are around the same £ 1379+vat and £1310+vat

Nick Day

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2016, 09:11:03 am »
Hello,

That's probable one of the most asked questions we get, "why are our kits so cheap?" It's simply because we make the carbon fibre poles ourselves so we can sell them to our customers for the price they would cost us from China (also that way we can guarantee 100% carbon fibre). We also make all the heads and tools ourselves again keeping down the costs.  The Viper machines are made by Nilfisk, we have been selling them for over 3 years now and they have been very reliable. Also we don't travel around the country doing demonstrations and trade shows which would all put the price of the kits up.

Alex
Gutter Cleaning Systems

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2016, 09:50:07 am »
I have a grippa vac and it's been great...

Although the attachments are a bit  naff and don't last long.

Nick Day

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2016, 11:10:45 am »
That's why we still use aluminium for our tool. We have made carbon ones before but after testing them ourselves we were concerned how long they would last scraping against tiles for how much they would cost.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2016, 11:15:19 am »
That's why we still use aluminium for our tool. We have made carbon ones before but after testing them ourselves we were concerned how long they would last scraping against tiles for how much they would cost.
Are your attachments compatible with grippa poles ?

ben M

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2016, 01:13:43 pm »

+1 same for me

Nick Day

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2016, 01:16:41 pm »
If you can give me the inside diameter of you poles where the head will go in mm I will see what we can do.

Nick Day

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2016, 01:17:32 pm »
Also the outside diameter in mm then we can try working something out.

Ashley Brothwood

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2016, 01:31:21 pm »
Hi Nick,

Do you know the lifting power of the viper vacs? Both grippa and and sky vacs listed there's at close to 2600mm lift, as we are looking at doing three story + and some businesses the lift would be more of an aspect to us than the price

Thanks
Ashley

the king

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2016, 04:57:48 pm »
well well a gutter vac topic and alan is no were to be seen  ;D ;D ;D

Smurf

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2016, 08:13:03 am »
You called peter  ;D

To be honest I've found it doesn't really matter what type of wetvac you use as long as it does the job.
Some tend to buy the smaller grippa type footprint ones so can fit them in the van and others it don't bother them using larger ones.

It's just a matter of personal choice & budget really what type of wetvac you get. 

Oliver @ GrippaTank

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2016, 08:41:58 am »

+1 same for me

Good morning,

Thank you for your feedback.

We still offer the aluminium heads as shown on our website as for some customers, these are preferred and are indeed harder wearing. Most of our customers prefer the plastic versions, as whilst they have a shorter life span, they are lighter and thus reduce the amount of wear and tear on the pole as well as to the operator.

Our most popular selling kit is the 42ft and 60ft kits - so suction at height is not an issue.

Ashley - you are most welcome to come down and visit us and we can then demonstrate the equipment for you. Feel free to drop our sales team a line enquiries@grippatank.co.uk
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk

Nick Day

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2016, 09:11:56 am »
Hi Ashley,

Sorry for delay in replying, our machine has 2400mm water lift. The most important number though when it comes to gutter cleaning is actually the litres per second, our machine has 120 Lps airflow whereas the Numatic machines have 80 Lps.

Ashley Brothwood

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2016, 09:31:19 am »
Hi All,

thanks for replays ill have a look later this morning and get one sorted

Avo

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2016, 07:08:19 pm »
We use the Numatic vac it is very good quite small and compact love the stainless steel filter which can be a problem with other Vacuums.. but to the question about power the viper has much more power than the numatic as we sometimes use a viper.. I like the viper tried and tested it. 

How much are you selling the vipers for nick as I may buy one for myself?

Nick Day

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2016, 08:34:28 pm »
Hi Avo,

Glad to hear you like the viper machines, we can supply the machine fully adapted for gutter cleaning (we adapt the filters and inlet for gutter cleaning) for £350 including V.A.T and delivery.

Avo

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2016, 10:08:02 pm »
In what way??
Stainless collar fitted to the inlet to accommodate the vac hose..

Smurf

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2016, 11:32:38 pm »
Maybe you don't need to suck but blow instead  ;D ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNMbPp0574U