Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

GG4 in the tank - I've changed my mind!
« on: November 22, 2015, 02:58:09 pm »
Just dumped 650l down the drain  ;D

Cleaned my kitchen window five times since yesterday and in direct low level sunlight the spotting is dreadful. Wife can't see it but I can and it's driving me nuts. Going to refill in a moment and try again.

jk999

Re: GG4 in the tank - I've changed my mind!
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2015, 03:06:12 pm »
Hahahaha ha think that s funniest thing I have heard

Jonny 87

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2015, 03:09:33 pm »

Cleaned my kitchen window five times since yesterday and in direct low level sunlight the spotting is dreadful. Wife can't see it but I can and it's driving me nuts. Going to refill in a moment and try again.

What's the tds of your water Dave?

Although I've tried gg4 (and didn't like the results) I'd of thought that you wouldn't of had direct spotting from it unless you'd put a lot in?

Mayb your just a perfectionist if your wife can't see the spots. :)
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2015, 03:32:18 pm »
Tds 002 . I thought it might be the windy conditions yesterday so tried again today. Bit of a worry - been cleaning like it for at least six months although I have upped the dosage a litttle lately. No one has complained - I bloody would.

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2015, 03:35:41 pm »

Yes, I haven't stopped laughing either.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2015, 04:29:00 pm »

Yes, I haven't stopped laughing either.
whats your middle name dazmond ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

jk999

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2015, 05:04:18 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

Smurf

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2015, 05:18:15 pm »

Maybe you should try to trad that window as well to see if it makes any difference.

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2015, 05:23:51 pm »
I went over it with Viakal incase it was hardwater spots, then tried Unger Rub Out, pretty sure it's the water. Get me torch out in a minute and take another look.   ;D

Dave Willis

« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2015, 05:32:36 pm »
Phew that's a relief - it's still covered in spots! The glass must be etched from hard water I can pick them out with torchlight.

Changed my mind again - Dazmonditis.

Jonny 87

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 05:51:05 pm »
Phew that's a relief - it's still covered in spots! The glass must be etched from hard water I can pick them out with torchlight.

I've really found tds is still king. Whatever you put in your tank, if your still at 000 or close you won't get uniformed spotting. However with wrong additives you get streaks or more than usually drop downs.

Unless it's IPA type stuff. As too much of that in your tank can cause a concentration of spots, like little hard water marks if you don't rinse enough.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Dave Willis

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2015, 06:06:16 pm »
To be honest I'm very fussy. I've said it loads of times that I've yet to see a perfectly clean window - and I mean perfectly clean either by myself or somebody else. The fact that my family couldn't give a hoot probably explains most customers views too.

ChumBucket

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2015, 06:17:30 pm »

This is quite common in my experience. Looking flush on at 90 degrees at freshly cleaned glass it will look perfect. Change the angle/reflection and you get to see all the surface imperfections including any etching/staining. This is not as a result of the clean, (providing you've done it correctly of course :)) the pure water has left a perfect result but the viewing angle and light conditions can reveal existing surface marks unrelated and unaffected by the clean. 

8weekly

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2015, 06:34:40 pm »
I have a plastere friend and he reckons work that looks perfect will look less than in direct sun. Nothing stands up to it. It won't necessarily be the clean that's at fault. Direct sunlight shows all the imperfections. I reckon a low sun shows dirty windows, but direct sun reveals more. We fuss too much.

Jonny 87

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2015, 06:41:16 pm »
I have a plastere friend and he reckons work that looks perfect will look less than in direct sun. Nothing stands up to it. It won't necessarily be the clean that's at fault. Direct sunlight shows all the imperfections. I reckon a low sun shows dirty windows, but direct sun reveals more. We fuss too much.

+1

Similar to Dave I'm very fussy. And sometimes panic when i see marks. Only to realise that it's actually imperfections on the glass.

Does the customer ever notice or mention this? Nope.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2015, 08:17:17 pm »
just admit it dave you are a shxt window cleaner  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :P :P :P :P

Dave Willis

« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2015, 09:24:52 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D

martin hulstone

« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2015, 09:28:09 pm »
What is gg4?

SeanK

« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2015, 10:53:26 pm »
What is gg4?

Glass Gleam 4 from Titan Labs, its a solution  for traditional cleaning even though it has little or no glide and is more or less
useless at removing dirt.
Would say its the worst product I have ever used so why anybody would want to add it to their pure is beyond me.

martin hulstone

« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2015, 10:57:46 pm »
Thanks sean, never heard of it!