Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CleanClear

Re: Bad review on Facebook....
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2015, 10:54:38 pm »
Its bizzare getting a review from someone who hasn't used your service. I wouldn't bother replying, just leave it.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Walter Mitty

« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2015, 04:14:54 am »
You can delete bad reviews.. By blocking the person. I think their score remains but the content doesn't. In this case it's probably better to leave the content and just just reply to it. People will always look for bad reviews and read them, so the fact that this is petty, and allows you to show how polite and professional you are with a well written reply is quite fortunate.

I would go for this ^^^^ route.  Anyone reasonable reading his complaint will see that it is minor.
For future reference (and I'm not saying this is the right way), if I'm unable to provide someone with a regular service for some reason (location-within limits, poor access etc.), I usually offer a one off just to get the windows clean for them.  I've done this a few times now and it does go down pretty well, especially if I'm able to provide contact details from someone who is able to service their property.

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2015, 08:29:01 am »
Sticking my neck out here and playing devils advocate.
He inquired on Thursday, thought he had an arrangement for a quotation and you back step on Sunday over 3 days later ?
His negative feedback isn't exactly a scathing one, he's just stated the facts from his point of view. Had you have contacted him sooner he may not have felt the way he did and could have called another cleaner on the Thursday.
Put it down to experience, reply and apologise in a polite manner and update the areas you work ( perhaps a map screen shot with the perimeter of your area highlighted ?) I very much doubt he will enter in to an argument, he probably moved on from it 10 mins after he posted.

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2015, 08:43:53 am »
Ok so I had this guy ring me on Thursday and asked to go and give him a quote, anyway I was busy so I asked if its ok to go either Saturday morning or Sunday afternoon, he said either is fine. I asked what area and he said but I wasn't sure how close to my round it is , he said 'it's right next door . Checked this morning and it's a midd terraced house 20 minutes away . So I messaged this morning, really sorry but unfortunately due to the distance from my route, I won't be able to quote your windows. Thank you for ringing and sorry I couldn't help.

5 minutes later - 2* review DOESNT COVER THIS AREA- YOU NEED TO STATE WHICH AREAS YOU COVER IN YOUR ADVERTS.

A$$hole , giving me a bad review because I don't cover his area - making my 5* record go down!!!!

id of said no straight away if it was a mid terrace house unless i could pick up the whole row.

i dont have a facebook page or website.no need.word of mouth and recommendation is enough to bring in a trickle of new jobs every month.

its hardly a scathing review.i wouldnt worry about it.
price higher/work harder!

Smurf

« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2015, 03:31:34 pm »
I know what reply I would have written but the swear blocker on here it would come out looking quite weird  ;D

Rich Wilts

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2015, 04:45:26 pm »
Just apologise, politely, and say something like "Thankyou for your review. On reflection we have updated our website/facebook page, we now stipulate the areas we work in - good luck in securing a window cleaner who is able to service your cleaning requirements. Once again apologies for not being able to pi$$ as far as you".

Smurf

« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2015, 05:13:56 pm »
He will get even more peed off if he ever spots you working in his street  ;D

« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2015, 05:15:27 pm »
Just apologise, politely, and say something like "Thankyou for your review. On reflection we have updated our website/facebook page, we now stipulate the areas we work in - good luck in securing a window cleaner who is able to service your cleaning requirements. Once again apologies for not being able to pi$$ as far as you".

That's an awesome reply , I think il use that one  ;D

« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2015, 05:17:02 pm »
He will get more ped off if he ever spots you working in his street  ;D

If it was for gutters or other one off jobs then I would go there, so he kinda screwed me abit with him saying 'doesn't cover this area!'
Prat

Smurf

« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2015, 05:22:33 pm »
He will get more ped off if he ever spots you working in his street  ;D

If it was for gutters or other one off jobs then I would go there, so he kinda screwed me abit with him saying 'doesn't cover this area!'
Prat

Yep that is what I was thinking too.

Rich Wilts

« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2015, 05:23:51 pm »
Have you got a link to your FB page?

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2015, 05:29:59 pm »
Have you got a link to your FB page?

Yeah, il email it you mate as iv stopped putting personal details on here 👍

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2015, 05:36:38 pm »
Just sent it mate

Marc Stock

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2015, 05:41:07 pm »
I dont bother with farcebook, feindface, twitter, and all that twaddle.

Its just another headache.

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2015, 05:54:33 pm »
Iv had some really nice good customers from FB  ;D

Smurf

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2015, 05:58:58 pm »
Iv had some really nice good customers from FB  ;D

And not so good feedback too as it happens. ???
I hope bookface will get back to you to sort it out and let us know what happens.

Rich Wilts

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2015, 06:02:07 pm »

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2015, 06:09:03 pm »
Ok iv sent it there too lol
I don't think the email thing works through CIU, I asked Katy to email me and she did but I still haven't got it ???

windowswashed

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2015, 07:25:10 pm »
If you don't want mid terrace houses miles away as not practical ,  mention it on your facebook. I wouldn't want mid terrace houses anywhere, too much hassle and not worth bothering with.

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2015, 07:37:12 pm »
Good point