This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

martin hulstone

Re: Ibc tank in the van
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2015, 01:00:16 am »
Sorry , slip of the finger, i am saying what i believe in, that an ibc should not be in the back of a van, end of. Its dangerous . How many window cleaning websites sell them as static systems? I bet any of the companys that do  water fed pole systems would never sell them as part of there set up

martin hulstone

« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2015, 01:19:57 am »
But they are designed for one time use as there name suggests
They are reused and their name doesn't suggest one time use. Two factual errors in a single sentence.
If you read my earlier posts you would have seen that not all ibc tanks are one time use, just the see through ones in  a steel cage, others are used again. Why would they be sale on ebay for 30 quid if they could be used again?

jk999

« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2015, 08:25:08 am »
Who cares . If company's didn't charge stupid prices for baffled  tanks then maybe more guys would buy them

SeanK

« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2015, 08:32:40 am »
Who cares . If company's didn't charge stupid prices for baffled  tanks then maybe more guys would buy them

Mate your unbelievable, your prepared to pay £40 to £50 a year on a useless additive but think a couple of hundred quid
for a safer tank is a stupid price. ::)roll

Smudger

« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2015, 08:36:26 am »
Smudger, it seems to me that if anybody disagrees with you they are wrong. H

Not anybody,  but those that clearly have decided to make up their own facts amount things, when a simple search on Google shows you I can tanks can be used time and time again, they are also made of the same material as your tank, all of which you got wrong and can not acknowledge is correct.

So why are I can tanks so cheap ? Well I would say because companies that receive them have no further use for them, and the costs involved in cleaning them ( sterilising for food stuffs ) and returning them to base ( which in many circumstances is right across Europe ) is not cost effective - they also take up lots of room so again selling them off at a relatively cheap price is better than them cluttering up a yard.

I'm sorry you can't take on the information supplied, or have consideration and understanding that their are many different ways to build a system, I'm sure your bespoke system is absolutely the best in the world and been crash tested to test its optimal performance I look forward to you posting a picture so we can see how it's all done correctly

Best regards
Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

SeanK

« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2015, 08:51:13 am »
Seriously guys if you cant see something wrong with a 1000lt non baffled tank in the back of a van then there's something
wrong with you.
It must be rocking about like Del boy's three wheeler every time it takes a corner, I would say the wear on the van alone
will more the outweigh the saving on the tank.
Another case of spending a pound to save a penny.

Smudger

« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2015, 09:09:58 am »
Sean, this is where the forum fall down flat on its face, I'm not, or never have promoted an unbaffled tank ibc or otherwise, a baffled ibc tank is more stable than just about any other tank out there.

I had 2 wydale 500 litre tanks in my van, the Rock and roll was shocking, the ibc filled with baffles  is so stable you wouldn't know it's on board, unfortunately people think the wydale tanks were made for transport, unfortunately not, what they are is a tank that can be used in a vehicle but still suffers slosh as the design and shape ( some sizes ) is not really suitable.

They now have brought out 'x' baffled tanks - specifically designed for water transport .

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

martin hulstone

« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2015, 10:19:16 am »
Hi Smudger,I will leave it now as i have my opinion and that is all it is, i read a lot of your posts and you are a great source of information of which i have used on numerous occasions, but i  disagree with you  on this. But as i said it is only my opinion. :)

Smurf

« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2015, 10:26:15 am »
It seems the most common size ibc that was used with drainpipes fitted as baffels was 600 litre and is still being used by some to this day.

Take wagga for instance  ;D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3IwS9oaVc0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPXIUFWah4k

Smudger

« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2015, 11:42:31 am »
Wagga is God !! ;D

Darran

martin hulstone

« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2015, 12:29:29 pm »
Noticed wagga says he would like to make a disclaimer about fiiting an ibc tank because of insurance implications!

tonycarr

« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2015, 03:38:24 pm »
i use a 600 litre IBC on a plastic base in a cage, self baffled with 25mtrs of irrigation pipe, no problems whatsoever even when half full

if i were to run a second van i would`nt hesitate in purchasing another

tony
T & J Window Cleaning services

Smudger

« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2015, 08:29:13 pm »
👍

PoleKing

« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2015, 09:02:48 am »
I had a 650 IBC in an Expert van.
Crashed at about 35-40mph.
Frame bent to about 45º but was bolted through the floor and box section underneath (what we used to call the chassis?)
Plastic liner inside-stayed intact.
Some water sloshed out as the lid flew off.
The fella i was working for at the time removed the tank and frame and left it outside the yard as a reminder for me every morning until I left him.
I never crashed his van again ;D

He did put me a new IBC back in to get out to work again.

I never had issue with it. I posted about it early on in my CIU life.
Far as I know, at the time, no-one else had crashed with an IBC in so no real evidence to go on.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Smurf

« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2015, 09:57:29 am »
I had a 650 IBC in an Expert van.
Crashed at about 35-40mph.
Frame bent to about 45º but was bolted through the floor and box section underneath (what we used to call the chassis?)
Plastic liner inside-stayed intact.
Some water sloshed out as the lid flew off.
The fella i was working for at the time removed the tank and frame and left it outside the yard as a reminder for me every morning until I left him.
I never crashed his van again ;D

He did put me a new IBC back in to get out to work again.

I never had issue with it. I posted about it early on in my CIU life.
Far as I know, at the time, no-one else had crashed with an IBC in so no real evidence to go on.

Imformative post... Nice one  ;)

DaveG

« Reply #75 on: July 31, 2015, 06:23:24 pm »
Welcome back Darren, thought you were hiding under a different name
You can't polish a turd

jk999

« Reply #76 on: July 31, 2015, 07:02:48 pm »
Mines a 600 ltr ibc not on a wooden pallet . It's metal based bolted to floor with crash tested brackets I don't have a problem with water sloshing about in it can't even tell it's in back off my long wheel  base vivaro ☺

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #77 on: August 02, 2015, 10:05:16 am »
If you have work were you are using 1000 litres daily you should be earning enuff  to install a proper system.

Every one runs their business  different .Window cleaning is one of the few business were over heads and running costs are fairly low compared to others ,so installing a decent safe system should not be looked upon as  a luxury.

A  IBC tank may be fine in crash but you'll never know till it happens and would you want to take the  risk all for the sake of saving a bit of money.

so what would call asafe install ???  a crashed tested one from one from the rip off companys that will tell you all sorts of bull  as they have crashed tested theres at  low speeds , these are the same guys that tell you straps and no good and unsafe ?

then when you read the crash testing data from the haulage industry where they high/low speed crash  test , they have found out the straps are the best because even if they snap they slow the load down much more and take more of the enegery out of the moving loads then a quick snapped bolt

so do you trust a window cleaning company that's be around five minute , or do you trust the haulage industry that ships millions of tonnes of loads around aday and have spent millions on real research ?

« Reply #78 on: August 02, 2015, 10:17:28 am »
If you have work were you are using 1000 litres daily you should be earning enuff  to install a proper system.

Every one runs their business  different .Window cleaning is one of the few business were over heads and running costs are fairly low compared to others ,so installing a decent safe system should not be looked upon as  a luxury.

A  IBC tank may be fine in crash but you'll never know till it happens and would you want to take the  risk all for the sake of saving a bit of money.

so what would call asafe install ???  a crashed tested one from one from the rip off companys that will tell you all sorts of bull  as they have crashed tested theres at  low speeds , these are the same guys that tell you straps and no good and unsafe ?

then when you read the crash testing data from the haulage industry where they high/low speed crash  test , they have found out the straps are the best because even if they snap they slow the load down much more and take more of the enegery out of the moving loads then a quick snapped bolt

so do you trust a window cleaning company that's be around five minute , or do you trust the haulage industry that ships millions of tonnes of loads around aday and have spent millions on real research ?

That's a very good point

Dave Willis

« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2015, 11:49:28 am »
Haulage companies test in vans or on a large flatbed with a massive headboard before the second skin of the cab? I think the bigger vehicles have much chunkier tie down points too. Look at the stupidly thin tie down points in most vans - they simply aren't designed to take that kind of strain - even seats/seat belts are secured better than that with nowhere near the same impact forces.
At least the window cleaning suppliers like Grippatank, Purefreedom and Ionics have tested their systems - what more can they do?

If I remember correctly Susan you like to seriously overload your vans and 'drive like you stole it'
I know which I would be happier with.