Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jim morrow

Re: Reality tv
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2015, 07:10:44 pm »
   Porty vs Tm. You chaps including John Martin need to invest in some professional gauges. John, Deron (Alex) never slapped a gauge on his M5 or Escape and posted the results even after repeated requests . Hmmm
https://youtu.be/nW5K2NVFUCY
       Escape is OK but soooo much cheaper to boost a porty for similar results. PM Escape owners for all the scoop on free upgrades or fixes. Ask if they would buy a 2nd. Only deron would buy 2 . He has only ONE Everest and won't give it up.
       Most are destined to a rug plant or a institution where it is at its best..
Thanks for the invite !!!!!! :) :) :) :) ;D

john martin

« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2015, 08:11:11 pm »
   Porty vs Tm. You chaps including John Martin need to invest in some professional gauges. John, Deron (Alex) never slapped a gauge on his M5 or Escape and posted the results even after repeated requests . Hmmm
https://youtu.be/nW5K2NVFUCY
       Escape is OK but soooo much cheaper to boost a porty for similar results. PM Escape owners for all the scoop on free upgrades or fixes. Ask if they would buy a 2nd. Only deron would buy 2 . He has only ONE Everest and won't give it up.
       Most are destined to a rug plant or a institution where it is at its best..
Thanks for the invite !!!!!! :) :) :) :) ;D

Thats what i get for pestering the Americans   :-X
I do have a well used  lift gauge Jim  .
Didnt you try and build  a homemade Escape which you run every day ?

jim morrow

« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2015, 09:19:25 pm »
LOL  Post was meant for all shooting out specs, stats etc. without no real end user testing with VIDEOS . My post shows my set up .
Everyday ? H>>> no. I'm part time.  6-10 jobs per week (3-4 days) in the busy season.  8.4s are approaching 1400 hours per hour meter.   Full time ....gas TM
               Here in the staes we can't count on 240 vt being available et every location which is what the Escape requires.  May be great in the UK etc.. However dig deeper and you will find there has been many ongoing problems since day one. Your Cleanstorm or similar with a pair rear mounted booster motors is a better choice IMO. Imperative you add Fossil fueled heat source to compete with a high flow more efficient  truckmount. 
         Your cleanstorm like my Jag would still be TRULY portable which the Escape is not.

john martin

« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2015, 10:18:26 pm »
LOL  Post was meant for all shooting out specs, stats etc. without no real end user testing with VIDEOS . My post shows my set up .
Everyday ? H>>> no. I'm part time.  6-10 jobs per week (3-4 days) in the busy season.  8.4s are approaching 1400 hours per hour meter.   Full time ....gas TM
               Here in the staes we can't count on 240 vt being available et every location which is what the Escape requires.  May be great in the UK etc.. However dig deeper and you will find there has been many ongoing problems since day one. Your Cleanstorm or similar with a pair rear mounted booster motors is a better choice IMO. Imperative you add Fossil fueled heat source to compete with a high flow more efficient  truckmount. 
         Your cleanstorm like my Jag would still be TRULY portable which the Escape is not.

Yeah , a few things are a bit different here  ,  fossil fuel are rarely used compared to the states , perhaps in part because 3kw electric heat ... or two electric heaters are not too bad here .  Could also be lack of availability and fire risk concerns .
Also ... American houses , many seem to have grass between door and parking area , certainly in my area u can almost always drive  right up to the door and around the house , making any van mount u might have use less hose , and also making it easy to use a portable .
The Escape didnt take off here  , i have no doubt that some of the UK companies could make a much better attempt refinement wise  .
Dont think anyone has rear boosted the Storm  , again  most probably find performance 'adequate '  for close range work .
TMs  ...  i think you can work fulltime with an electric machine without killing yourself , depends on how much u take on and  charge  i suppose . I would probably have been tempted by now but im in an area with no TM sales or service .  Only one guy in my area bought a huge newTM/sprinter a few years back , the recession seemed to wipe him out   ... im still here , would definitely have one if living in the states .

Steve Chapman

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2015, 04:33:16 pm »
The funniest carpet cleaning video i've seen for a long time !