Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Gerrard

Re: Reality tv
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2015, 07:46:59 am »
Good morning Radek,
I see a good nights sleep hasn't helped alter your twisted view of your fellow carpet cleaners who according to you are a bunch of villains masquerading as professional carpet cleaners. ;D

Simon

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2015, 07:59:46 am »
Good morning.
Will I see the answer on my question to you?

*Hector*

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2015, 08:06:30 am »
Good morning Radek,
I see a good nights sleep hasn't helped alter your twisted view of your fellow carpet cleaners who according to you are a bunch of villains masquerading as professional carpet cleaners. ;D

Simon

That is just you Simon.......  :P

Where have you been, the forum has been sensible quiet without you...

;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2015, 09:09:45 am »
Good morning.
Will I see the answer on my question to you?
Radek,
To answer your question, the people who work for me are trained to my meticulous standards and because it is my name on every job, so they clean them  exactly as I want it. We contact every customer post cleaning and ask them to complete a Trading Standards, Good Trader questionnaire and have won two awards in 2015 from them based on the standard and quality of our work, the first was a certificate of excellence and the second, Newcomer of the Year, having only been a member of the scheme for four months.
You're assumption that those that don't agitate on very carpet, regardless of its condition, can't be doing the job properly is utter rubbish and I very much doubt based on fact, but based solely on your myopic view of how to clean carpets.

Simon

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2015, 10:29:11 am »

Hi Hector,
Hope you're keeping well.
The above is one reason why lots of highly experienced cc'ers don't partake in this forum, when you come across people like Radek who could easily write the sum total of their carpet cleaning knowledge on the back of a stamp, with room to spare to explain in detail how best to clean a carpet. The reason that I have done in the past is that I owe a deep debt of gratitude to people who helped me in my early years, most notably, Ron Tilley of Prochem and many others who willingly gave their time and the benefit of their experience  to a complete newbie. And now with 40 years of experience under my belt, I try to repay that debt by doing similar, I know that might sound cheesy, but that is the depth of my gratitude to those people.
But it is always worth coming on here if only to have some friendly banter with the likes of you. ;D

Simon

francis

« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2015, 06:47:01 pm »

Hi Hector,
Hope you're keeping well..........

But it is always worth coming on here if only to have some friendly banter with the likes of you. ;D
Simon

So, Hector - should we interpret that as you are OK at muck spreading - know nowt about other forms of carpet cleaning - but always good for a laugh? ;)

*Hector*

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2015, 06:58:51 pm »
summat like that aye...  :P

I think I may have picked a bit up after 27 years in the industry though... Simon will tell you not much though....
I can also twirl a rag with the best of them..

;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

petermaybury

« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2015, 11:18:50 pm »
then truckie v porty thing is always apparent on here. 20 years age I was encapping with peroxide in the solution. Was  trying to improve performance  of porty 's had them truckmounted,  A guy that I worked for 30 years ago bought a pile of vac motors with 12" fans  at an auction and had a fibreglass machine fabricated that could house 2 of the motors was 1500mm high and could be wheeled through a standard doorway , with 80 gall fresh and recovery tanks. We were all looking for the best machine we could get. I lose count at about 47 electric machines that I have owned.  I stopped messing about trying to improve electric machines when I had the realisation  that a 13 amp plug can produce 3 HP or so.  increasing the performance of an electric machine by 10 or 20 percent is so insignificant to  increasing the performance of a truckmount by the same percentage.  The difference with the truckmount would be greater than the total performance of an electric machine. Heat is a by product of the machine so nothing else is required you can have an entry level machine that produces the power of 6 plugs with the heat as a bonus or even a 27 hp that has the power of 9 plugs. Simons machine is again in a different league , but who the hell on here would not want a business that has the means to buy such a machine or thew customers that require it.
So when you porty .s make statements like " a  truckmount not that I would have one" makes me think what dickheads they are.
I have no alliegance to any manufacturer or system or manufacturer I would like my business to be successful enough to be able to afford the equipment that will allow  me to expand my business and service the revenue streams that are there.
A truckmount is the total definition of a machine to be capable of volume and whilst many of you have this narrow minded veiw of things, many of you will learn the same lessons as me, some will take longer than others.
If you wish to service a broad spectrum of customers you need to be proficient at all aspects of carpet cleaning, otherwise you need to market to specific markets, or the other way is you can lie to your customers .

john martin

« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2015, 09:23:57 am »
then truckie v porty thing is always apparent on here. 20 years age I was encapping with peroxide in the solution. Was  trying to improve performance  of porty 's had them truckmounted,  A guy that I worked for 30 years ago bought a pile of vac motors with 12" fans  at an auction and had a fibreglass machine fabricated that could house 2 of the motors was 1500mm high and could be wheeled through a standard doorway , with 80 gall fresh and recovery tanks. We were all looking for the best machine we could get. I lose count at about 47 electric machines that I have owned.  I stopped messing about trying to improve electric machines when I had the realisation  that a 13 amp plug can produce 3 HP or so.  increasing the performance of an electric machine by 10 or 20 percent is so insignificant to  increasing the performance of a truckmount by the same percentage.  The difference with the truckmount would be greater than the total performance of an electric machine. Heat is a by product of the machine so nothing else is required you can have an entry level machine that produces the power of 6 plugs with the heat as a bonus or even a 27 hp that has the power of 9 plugs. Simons machine is again in a different league , but who the hell on here would not want a business that has the means to buy such a machine or thew customers that require it.
So when you porty .s make statements like " a  truckmount not that I would have one" makes me think what dickheads they are.
I have no alliegance to any manufacturer or system or manufacturer I would like my business to be successful enough to be able to afford the equipment that will allow  me to expand my business and service the revenue streams that are there.
A truckmount is the total definition of a machine to be capable of volume and whilst many of you have this narrow minded veiw of things, many of you will learn the same lessons as me, some will take longer than others.
If you wish to service a broad spectrum of customers you need to be proficient at all aspects of carpet cleaning, otherwise you need to market to specific markets, or the other way is you can lie to your customers .

So you played around with electrical performance for years and only gained 10 or 20 percent and concluded you need six cords .

I can conclude you didn't know what you were doing.   :)

Jonathan Evans

« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2015, 03:49:43 pm »
Got to say since getting my TM carpets look better and dryer and I was using a high end porty.

Always agitate and vac and groom and use a dryer...........

The results speak for themselves no debate to be had imo

;)

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2015, 06:08:35 pm »

Always agitate and vac and groom and use a dryer...........

hmmmm, what the hell you doing? always agitating? you need to read what simon said :) you are untwisting piles so loats of damage :) stop doing it !
sorry couldnt resist :)

Jonathan Evans

« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2015, 06:19:39 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D Sorry Simon guess I am a porty at heart......  love my TM though. That said I do use different methods to agitate.

petermaybury

« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2015, 08:53:55 pm »
To get the power of a truck mount you need that many cables.  A 10 or 20 % improvement on a portable is totally insignificant compared to the overall power of a truck mount.  Whoever suggested that an electric machine can be compared at all to a petrol or diesel machine was doing nothing more than misleading people. I can t believe the gullibility of people to think that they have anything electric that can perform like a truck mount.

john martin

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2015, 09:47:45 pm »
To get the power of a truck mount you need that many cables.  A 10 or 20 % improvement on a portable is totally insignificant compared to the overall power of a truck mount.  Whoever suggested that an electric machine can be compared at all to a petrol or diesel machine was doing nothing more than misleading people. I can t believe the gullibility of people to think that they have anything electric that can perform like a truck mount.
Sure a truckmount has  good performance but you need to open your mind a bit more to what be achieved electrically with even two cords .
if you have two high performance 7amp motors in parallel  ...  and you put two more behind those in series ( or even just 5amp vacs if u want to keep it 'legal ' )
Then what do you have  ...    a two cord machine with a hell of a lot more than a 10-20 % increase in performance .

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2015, 09:57:03 pm »
But still a toy compared to a truckmount.

john martin

« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2015, 10:13:41 pm »
But still a toy compared to a truckmount.
everything is relative  , im sure an 18hp TM could be called a toy compared to a 40HP
I have never heard of the Mytee Escapes performance totally dismissed as toy like by those that run them .

elliott cleaning

« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2015, 09:54:35 pm »
Nor have I heard of a Rug Doctors performance dismissed as a toy by those that run them - but then that in no way means that they have any performance in the first place

john martin

« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2015, 11:06:12 pm »
Nor have I heard of a Rug Doctors performance dismissed as a toy by those that run them - but then that in no way means that they have any performance in the first place

Well most that have tried the Escape so far have some experience of TMs  , especially in the US where TMs are the standard  ,  where as rug doctor users would be in the experienced or just idiot category .

Im not comparing TMs and Electric machines , just says the performance of the Escape is adequate for 100ft good suction on most jobs and is greatly increased suction over a two vac portable .
Some here have put their hand over the escape hose end ...  was it a complete toy ? 
Look at the US forums , one of the biggest loudmouths there that have two Everest equipped vans chooses to bring one of his two Escape vans to work nearly every day for domestics .

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2015, 11:42:13 pm »
john,always like your style,but you know Deron is john lab muppet.

john martin

« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2015, 11:47:54 pm »
john,always like your style,but you know Deron is john lab muppet.
lol  , yeah , but i dont think its like hes paid to promote them ... its more like he wants to think he has a hand in developing the products or something like that .  Anyway he does seem to genuinely use them day to day .