Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

john martin

Reality tv
« on: June 28, 2015, 11:24:21 pm »

There is a carpet cleaning reality TV show  ?  what is this   lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvBPQeF2Gqc

dutchman

Re: Reality tv
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 06:50:07 pm »
I'm a bit of a fan of this guy  :o . I like the way he applies protector using a trigger spray. Must use about 2 oz per room. Very economical.  ;D .

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 11:06:23 pm »
He's not a very good cleaner :( terrible wand technique. He cleans stairs with a normal carpet wand. No pre vac, no agitation. Plus, and worse of all he's a right sweaty bugger.

Apart from that might be a good watch. 

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 08:32:28 am »
Carpet dawg, on this movie we can see how most of truck mounters clean carpets, becouse they have a truck mount they think theres no need to agitate.
Just a reality.

ps. 40k truck mount and such a cheap service

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 06:02:49 pm »
Radek,isnt your machine truckmounted ;D

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 06:20:08 pm »
Radek,isnt your machine truckmounted ;D

haha
yes it is, electric porty van mounted,
but I do mention about many that does not agitate, even lots of porty users skip this step. Agitation is most important!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 06:30:39 pm »
Carpet dawg, on this movie we can see how most of truck mounters clean carpets, becouse they have a truck mount they think theres no need to agitate.
Just a reality.

How do you know this?..  You know most  truckmounter  do you?

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 06:31:41 pm »
Radek,have you tried your new rotary machine on carpets..

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 07:07:22 pm »
Radek,have you tried your new rotary machine on carpets..

no brendan, I dont realy do bonneting

mike, no need to know in person, its a fact  and its been talked here and in other places many times,

Billy Russell

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 07:37:33 pm »
Radek,

You honestly believe most truckmounters are on here?

A lot or truckmounters I know agitate, not all, but most

You cannot state fact just because you read it on a forum 😂

If we did that we'd all be using Mpower for everything 😂

petermaybury

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 08:38:49 pm »
I have been in the industry for over 20 years and I would say the the vast majority of truckmounters are people who have made a natural progression in the industry always wanting to improve and use the best techniques and equipment.
There are ignorant people who are unaware of the proper methods but I would think that the majority of those are using cheap portables because they do not know any better. I would say that in any industry there is a large number of people who want to give the least for the most they can charge. then you will have the minority  and I think that hard working honest and people who take pride in what they do are in the minority these day as there is probably 10 of them for every genuine person.
The porty people have a very anti truckmount issue but we are just people who have moved on, why the small minded statements there is good and bad everywhere.
Many of us have pioneered a lot of the systems and methods that many newbies see as new technology.
Peter

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 09:22:36 pm »
Billy I know what you mean, and I also know people are lazy, If I can see porty operators not agitating, doing full houses in an hour  I am sure there are truckmounters that are even lazier.
Theres only one truck mount operator in my area, once I was cleaning for his customer, he said that I am similar, just I use electricity and he is using petrol machine. Asked how goid he was and answer was not good, after longer conversation I found he never prespray, agitate etc. straight to the wand so the result wasnt good, heat is not enough.
I know not all are like that but be fair, lots are.

I am not anti truck... , would love to have one, just so far I dont need it.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 08:28:12 am »
Radek,
You are making too many assumptions.
You assume that you need to agitate on every carpet. (in fact using a crb or rotary machine etc on carpets that don't need it can unnecessarily  damage a carpet)
You assume that anyone who doesn't do that is wrong.
You assume that people with TM's do not agitate simply because they have a TM, when the fact is they are probably professional enough to know when and when not to agitate.
And you assume that those that don't agitate every carpet, tm'er or otherwise, do it out of laziness.

Simon

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 04:29:01 pm »
wow, did not know I could do so many damages for the last 3 years wow :) RofL
there always will be some stupid explanation just to explain yourself :)
every carpet should be agitated, just dont use it on some carpet and then run your crb and have a look under the machine, what amount of dirt it picked up, hairs abd more.
And please do not say that truck mounters are better professional as is not true and is not a rule. There are good and bad guys on both sides. They are just faster loaded with enough work to use TM.

Radek

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 05:11:45 pm »
Radek,
Oh well, if you’ve only been doing this for three years that explains your inexperienced view on how to clean a carpet. I’ve been cleaning carpets for 40 years, so I’m a little bit more experienced than you are.
Here’s how it works. A professional carpet cleaner turns up to a job and in the back of his van he has the means to clean any carpet, regardless of age or condition.
What he doesn’t do is go in there with your blunderbuss approach. He assess how best to clean the carpet given its colour, fibre type and soil conditions etc and then decides how best to clean it, while causing minimal damage to the carpet in-so-doing. So if it was very dirty he might use one of an assortment of pre-sprays, which he would apply hot, as hot pre-sprays work far better. Then he could, if he thought it necessary, agitate that pre-spray with one of three methods, stiff pile brush, rotary pad, or mechanical brush, but he would only go for the latter as a last resort – why? Because mechanical agitation, CRB or rotary brush applies a high degree of friction that has the effect of untwisting pile yarns, which in turn can help flatten a carpet and is to be avoided wherever possible. Have you never wondered where all of those carpet fibres a crb machine deposits in clumps on the carpet come from, were they lose before or have they been ripped out of the carpet by you?
 Guess what, I have all three methods of agitation available to me at all times, but because I know what I am doing, I know when and when not to use them and yet still produce stunning carpet cleaning results.
We are technicians, Radek, and just because we have a tool available to us does not mean we should use it every time we clean a carpet.
But you clearly have it in your head that every carpet must have a crb over it regardless, regardless that is of the secondary damage you have done to that carpet that need not have occurred had you not been so inexperienced.
Simon

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2015, 05:30:01 pm »
no simon, a professional carpet cleaner turns up to a job and simply choose the quicker way to do the job, charge max per hour, dont giving a sh..t to any detail of the job. This is what I see around.
Expierience is nothing for many, as another cleaner with 30 years in this industry will be a crapy cleaner.

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2015, 06:45:38 pm »
LADIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

elliott cleaning

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2015, 07:00:58 pm »
Radek

It might be worth your while re-reading Peter Maybury & Simon Gerrards' posts and taking note - as you could end up as the cleaner with 30 years experience and still be crap.

On the other hand apply to the truckmounters forum & if they accept you you might learn alot more beneficial and correct practices than you will find here, where you have to learn to differentiate  between the comments given a complete part-time newbie who reckons he knows it all & someone who really does know what they are talking about

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2015, 07:40:53 pm »
Radek,
There you go making sweeping assumptions again.!!!
I know lots of carpet cleaners and have yet to meet one that just chooses the  quickest possible way to clean a carpet, whilst charging the highest possible price and not giving a sh-t about the result.
Are there carpet cleaners who are better than others? Yes, there are, but is that through intent or ignorance of how they could do the job better, I'd suggest the latter.
You're inexperience tells you that you should scrub the living day lights out of carpets that don't need it and yet in the same breathe criticise those that don't and because of that you assume that they have chosen the easy option and by doing so short changed their customer whilst charging top dollar.
This of course ignores the imperative of keeping your customers and have them recommend you to others, which no matter what your skill level is an essential element of staying in business, which must be hard to do if you don't give a sh-t in the first place.

Simon

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2015, 07:24:12 am »
oh guys, how easy to be such a good professional on internet, but we know how it is in real life :) just like with so many here charging very high prices and saying it here but just send them email enquiry to see what a s..t they say.
Simon you are 30 years in business, what about your employees? Do you always go with them to give them instructions how to do every carpet seperate, do you visit every house to quote and then do you write instruction?

I did not start this to say all are crap, I say many are not agitating at all, nearly any carpet.