This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DeLuce

Re: supreme brush opinions
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2015, 10:32:13 pm »
What would a brush made completely from natural bristles be like?
Very grippy on the glass I would imagine!
I asked a question about a full on  boars hair brush that some company makes and the response was, " great cleaning power but really drags on the glass.

Jonny 87

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2015, 10:44:43 pm »

Tecbuk make one.

It's good, but it really drags too much, you have to really put effort in to move it side to side. It cleans well though.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Mike #1

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2015, 07:54:41 am »

Tecbuk make one.

It's good, but it really drags too much, you have to really put effort in to move it side to side. It cleans well though.

you need to put Vision in your water  :P

mufcglen

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2015, 07:59:45 am »
Are any of these brushes like the flocked any good for cleaning cars?
I saw another windie cleaning his custies car and thought I may throw that in the service here and there but I've read the brushes tend to scratch car bodywork with those tiny hazy scratches?
Alex what would you recommend as a good day day all round brush as I think I'm going to order the flocked as well but not sure on the other brush?
I use the extreme medium White and blue at moment and to be honest I don't understand why people think it doesn't give a good clean, I've got all the other will brushes superlites etc and I still use the extreme for first cleans and never had a complaint, I find it gives me more control being lighter and able to flick it about more?

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2015, 08:11:15 am »
So far just tried two which is the medium ones. More than happy with those.

I will try the others though. I have a glass roof clean on Saturday. Bit of a monster so will use the soft/flocked etc

Mike #1

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2015, 08:33:31 am »
I saw another windie cleaning his custies car and thought I may throw that in the service here and there but I've read the brushes tend to scratch car bodywork with those tiny hazy scratches?
Alex what would you recommend as a good day day all round brush as I think I'm going to order the flocked as well but not sure on the other brush?
I use the extreme medium White and blue at moment and to be honest I don't understand why people think it doesn't give a good clean, I've got all the other will brushes superlites etc and I still use the extreme for first cleans and never had a complaint, I find it gives me more control being lighter and able to flick it about more?

If you're insured crack on and scratch some cars  :P

Jonny 87

« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2015, 09:19:47 am »

Tecbuk make one.

you need to put Vision in your water  :P

Haha,

Even with vision it drags way too much. Would be stuck to the glass without it.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

mufcglen

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2015, 10:10:06 am »

lol i thought most brushes scratch cars, i occasionally clean my van with a black flocked brush but im not too bothered about that, the guy i seen yesterday was using what looked like a vikan :o

trafficjamz

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2015, 10:22:15 am »
I have the tecbuk all boars hair. And i only use it for conny roofs and really dirty 1st cleans, but you do need more water pressure to help it glide.

Thinking of ordering the supreme soft hybrid  as my main brush

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2015, 12:35:37 pm »

None of these new Supreme brushes would be suitable for cleaning car paintwork.

The only brush in our range which could be safely used would be the cladding fully flocked brush fitted with brush bumper.

The best brush for car paintwork is a flocked Vikan as this is what they are designed for.

If you are looking to replace the Xtreme with a Supreme then I would recommend trying the soft-hybrid.

Mike #1

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2015, 04:21:03 pm »

lol i thought most brushes scratch cars, i occasionally clean my van with a black flocked brush but im not too bothered about that, the guy i seen yesterday was using what looked like a vikan :o

Yup they all scratch paintwork  regardless my truck is black and shows them up , I have no option but to use a local jetwash because of were we live . 

Circumstances are what they are but i used to spend 4-5 hrs detailing my own motor every week and have £100's of products for detailing .

Rich Wilts

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2015, 04:41:32 pm »

He probably made the right choice in that case.

http://www.allpressuresprayersdirect.co.uk/vikan-transport-system--wash-brushes-poles-squeegee

simon w

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2015, 11:49:08 am »
Hard to beat the Gardiner range of wfp brushes, I've been using them ever since I got fed up with the Vikan vehicle brushes and wanted something lighter. My current choice of brushes are the medium mixed sill brushes and the super light brushes on the SL2's & Extreme poles 25ft up to 65ft. Just found one of the more original Gardiner brush heads that Alex was selling a few years back and thought I'd share a photo for those of you not been in the window cleaning biz long enough to remember them. (hope you don't mind Alex?)   :D

NWH

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2015, 05:54:41 pm »
Saying a soft bristled brush is good for leads is a bit of a cop out really,if these brushes work well on lead it will be because of the shape and angle not the fact that they fold flat on glass. I've used stiff brushes on all leads in the past and because the bristle angle was right they didn't jump at all

NWH

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2015, 05:58:24 pm »
Also the extreme brushes are far better if you suffer from RSI. The trouble with the extremes is that there is less slpay on the sides of extemes meaning it's harder to clean in corners under sashes etc and they don't last long

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2015, 06:47:46 pm »
I do like the extreme buts they seem to collapse on the glass at certain angles :(

NWH

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2015, 09:17:25 pm »
I do like the extreme buts they seem to collapse on the glass at certain angles :(
weight is the main thing for me all the other superlites cleanedd well but they were  still heavy

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2015, 09:46:35 pm »
weight is the main thing for me all the other superlites cleanedd well but they were  still heavy

Done three days with supremes and its lovely :)

adixon

« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2015, 03:47:18 pm »
lol the old bentley brushes, i used a couple of these years ago, nice and light and felt great in comparrison to the vikan but they didnt last that long. brushes have come a long way since then thank god ;D

NWH

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2015, 05:55:59 pm »
It's not a gardiner brush its a Bentley floor brush lol. It worked really well on leads that brush as well,do they not have lead lights in Cornwall lol