This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alex Gardiner

Re: supreme brush opinions
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 09:12:38 pm »
Better pics than Gardiners damo all their pics are of the same brush  .

Thought their was going to a brush made with hogs hair  :-\

There are 'natural animal bristle' hybrid versions in the soft and medium. These bristles are on the inner shorter bristles and do provide extra scrub for those that like the 'stickier' feel across the glass. In testing I have found that these are better at cleaning snail trails and bee spots.

My current favourite is the soft-hybrid - although the flocked is also very good and seems better on leaded windows for me.

Caleb Morley

« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2015, 03:22:18 am »
I'm no brush expert hence the 2 questions:

I use standard sill brushes at the moment.

Why would these new brushes interest me?

Are they designed for a specific type of cleaning?

Cheers

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2015, 07:28:55 am »

Cheers

I use sill brush's as well.

I think for me it will be weight. I just find the sill brush a tad too heavy for my liking. I want the easiest working day possible really. Something i am achieving with my van and hopefully these brushes!

Dave Willis

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2015, 07:33:22 am »
Then you should have bought Extremes  :D

I'm interested in anything that might eat through snail trails in a few weeks time, so if one of the Hybrids does that then I might buy a couple. I've not owned any brush yet that removes pollen marks . At the moment there are just too many brushes to choose from - couldn't sleep last night after looking on the website! Close my eyes and all I can see is brushes.

trafficjamz

« Reply #24 on: April 02, 2015, 07:39:00 am »
I was using a tecbuk aerial hybrid for a while before the bristles on the edge curled up like crazy. So I ordered the extreme brush as I fancied something lighter and bigger.   I found that it didn't clean as well as the aerial and after a couple of months the bristles on the ends started malting quite badly.  So I'm currently back using the aerial with curly ends.
After seeing the comments, I'm now thinking of trying out one of these supreme brushes.

Which one will be most like the aerial?
And what are the chances of these bristles snapping off like the extreme?

Dave Willis

« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2015, 07:46:44 am »
I've never worn an Extreme out yet - the new Supremes look to have a chunky stock on them. I've been using the Stiff Extremes for ages now, I like the fact they are all white so I can see any dirt in them. I think I've used most of the previous brushes in the whole range.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2015, 07:51:56 am »
Then you should have bought Extremes  :D

I'm interested in anything that might eat through snail trails in a few weeks time, so if one of the Hybrids does that then I might buy a couple. I've not owned any brush yet that removes pollen marks . At the moment there are just too many brushes to choose from - couldn't sleep last night after looking on the website! Close my eyes and all I can see is brushes.

I have 5 extreme brushes. The issue is i clean a lot of new builds. Sash windows, deep sills. They get really mucky. I only use one extreme now. Black soft/hybrid. Use that for leaded windows.

I have a good selection of houses so hoping we can try all of them today. We will see.

Dave Willis

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2015, 08:16:00 am »
 ??? You need help - that's eleven brushes.

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2015, 08:56:32 am »

I BET YOU HAVE EVEN MORE DAVE! ;D

i have around 15-20 brushes(a mixture of extremes/sill brushes/superlites and supremes!)i wont be buying anymore brushes this year!to be fair i need to chuck some(worn out extremes)
price higher/work harder!

chris turner

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2015, 11:33:05 am »
The medium mixed hybrid will take some getting use to. I'm finding it very springy on the glass and for leaded windows it's nearly impossible to get good contact, although if you turn the brush ever so slightly sideways it's alot better.
Cleaning wise it's spot on, I'm parked in a cul De sac doing 5 houses this morning so iv had a chance to go back and check windows once dry and they look ace.
Just annoying that every house has leaded fronts, was tempted to put my tecbuk back on as that copes with lead a bit better but I want to keep testing the supreme.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2015, 12:01:41 pm »
The medium mixed hybrid will take some getting use to. I'm finding it very springy on the glass and for leaded windows it's nearly impossible to get good contact, although if you turn the brush ever so slightly sideways it's alot better.
Cleaning wise it's spot on, I'm parked in a cul De sac doing 5 houses this morning so iv had a chance to go back and check windows once dry and they look ace.
Just annoying that every house has leaded fronts, was tempted to put my tecbuk back on as that copes with lead a bit better but I want to keep testing the supreme.

The Supreme soft hybrid or the flocked would be the choice for leaded windows.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2015, 12:05:10 pm »
I was using a tecbuk aerial hybrid for a while before the bristles on the edge curled up like crazy. So I ordered the extreme brush as I fancied something lighter and bigger.   I found that it didn't clean as well as the aerial and after a couple of months the bristles on the ends started malting quite badly.  So I'm currently back using the aerial with curly ends.
After seeing the comments, I'm now thinking of trying out one of these supreme brushes.

Which one will be most like the aerial?
And what are the chances of these bristles snapping off like the extreme?

Bristles generally only snap off due to impact and abrasion.  The Xtreme brushes, due to having less bristle density, are more prone to the effects of such abrasion.  The Supreme brushes have far greater bristle density than the Xtremes and so are far more resistant to the effects of such abrasion.  If you are currently using the red aerial, then either the soft or the soft hybrid would be fairly similar.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2015, 12:07:54 pm »

Cheers

If you like sill brushes then it's probably best to stick with them.  Whilst the Supremes have a very wide angle of splay, they still do not have the same sill cleaning ability as the sill brushes.  They have been primarily designed to sit weight wise between the Xtreme and the Super-Lite range of brushes.  We have had many requests for a brush that cleans as well as a Super-Lite but weighs more like an Xtreme.  This is the brush.  It doesn't replace any of our previous brushes,  just adds to the range.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2015, 12:28:55 pm »

11?

The van I turned up in to collect the generator had 15 on it for 2 users.

duncan h

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2015, 04:48:51 pm »
Purchased a soft hybrid and a flocked. Don't know if I was send a soft and a soft hybrid because they are the same other than inner hybrid is a tad stiffer and a hint of red. Alex will have to answer that one.
Used it today. I  like it in comparison to my medium mixed. It splays really well. gets round edges better. Normal scrubbing is better, buy think medium mixed is stiffer and better but too early to tell. Nice to use anyway. Not sure if I should be rinsing off or not

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2015, 05:00:08 pm »
Purchased a soft hybrid and a flocked. Don't know if I was send a soft and a soft hybrid because they are the same other than inner hybrid is a tad stiffer and a hint of red. Alex will have to answer that one.
Used it today. I  like it in comparison to my medium mixed. It splays really well. gets round edges better. Normal scrubbing is better, buy think medium mixed is stiffer and better but too early to tell. Nice to use anyway. Not sure if I should be rinsing off or not

The flocked version will, when viewed from the side, have a line around the tips of the bristle about 1cm deep where the ends have been lightly frayed.

Of course you may have been sent the wrong one - if after examination you think that you have, could you send me a photo of the bristle ends of the brush in question?

Rinsing can be done on or off the glass with either brush, although with the outer flocked bristles you may need to rinse slightly more than usual to achieve the same affect when rinsing on the glass.

duncan h

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2015, 05:15:57 pm »

The flocked version will, when viewed from the side, have a line around the tips of the bristle about 1cm deep where the ends have been lightly frayed.

Of course you may have been sent the wrong one - if after examination you think that you have, could you send me a photo of the bristle ends of the brush in question?

Rinsing can be done on or off the glass with either brush, although with the outer flocked bristles you may need to rinse slightly more than usual to achieve the same affect when rinsing on the glass.
Looking at the video someone posted, its the correct one. I was expecting a really soft brush. Like at a car wash

dd

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2015, 06:03:01 pm »
Does the flocked have a natural bristle inner row?

Any plans to bring out a sill brush with an inner row of natural bristles?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2015, 06:04:48 pm »
Does the flocked have a natural bristle inner row?

Any plans to bring out a sill brush with an inner row of natural bristles?

No and Yes  :)

Dave Willis

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2015, 09:37:01 pm »
What would a brush made completely from natural bristles be like?