Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

SeanK

Re: Aqua tap reviews
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2015, 01:20:47 pm »
I wouldn't mind trying this but can figure out how I'm going to attach it to my Gardiner resi neck.
I don't use the quick loq so do I straighten out my existing resi neck add the aqua tap and then add another resi neck.
If that make sense.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2015, 02:06:04 pm »
Sean, it screws on the threaded part on top of the pole and the AT has a screw thread in top of it to screw an angle joint on.
Jonboy, you may have got one of a small batch I made deliberately tighter as people were saying they were too loose to begin with.  As standard during assembly I use a small amount of silicon grease which makes them a little looser than normal for the first week or two, then tightens slightly.  I thought I could get round this by making them that little tighter to begin with, but they ended up too tight. Its worth opening it up and putting a touch of grease on the O'rings.

SeanK

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2015, 02:12:01 pm »
Peter Gardiner poles don't have the screw top on their poles they have a resi neck that pushes into the pole and tightens with a clamp.
Is there an adaptor for this ?

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2015, 02:41:24 pm »
There is Sean, you need one of Gardiners pole inserts with the screw thread on top, then you need an extra No1 clamp to secure the resi neck on the AquaTap. There is then something screws onto the AquaTap to take the resi neck which I can supply FOC if you are buying the Aquatap from me.

DaveG

You can't polish a turd

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2015, 03:56:49 pm »
There is Sean, you need one of Gardiners pole inserts with the screw thread on top, then you need an extra No1 clamp to secure the resi neck on the AquaTap. There is then something screws onto the AquaTap to take the resi neck which I can supply FOC if you are buying the Aquatap from me.
Hi peter
can you just screw one of these resi necks straight on to the aquatap without the need of an extra no 1 clamp and an extra part from yourself ?

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/goosenecks-pole-fittings/plastic-gooseneck-system/quick-loq-resi-neck-type-2.html

SeanK

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2015, 04:14:12 pm »
This is what you need Sean..

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/goosenecks-pole-fittings/pole-fittings/alloy-quick-release-top-adapter.html

Cheers Dave sorry for being a pain but where does the hose come out if I use that adaptor is there a hole in it
that I cant see or do I need to drill a hole into my pole. Cheers

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2015, 04:16:31 pm »
Yes but you will need one of these for the pole if you don't already have one.
http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/alloy-quick-release-top-adapter.html

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2015, 04:18:39 pm »
The hose will go through the top of the pole and out the AquaTap into its connector, then out the AquaTap to the brush.

DaveG

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2015, 04:29:22 pm »
The hose will go through the top of the pole and out the AquaTap into its connector, then out the AquaTap to the brush.

+1  ;D
You can't polish a turd

SeanK

« Reply #30 on: January 15, 2015, 04:39:03 pm »
Cheers guys thanks for the info, looking forward to giving this a go.

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2015, 05:23:49 pm »
Let us know how you get on Sean?

stu_thomson

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2015, 09:30:14 pm »
Did I read somewhere that you are not recommended to use one with the extreme range of poles?

Stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2015, 10:47:18 pm »
Yes
Aquadapter as well

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2015, 10:49:22 pm »
Did I read somewhere that you are not recommended to use one with the extreme range of poles?

Stu

For what reason?

Smudger

« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2015, 07:59:42 am »
I know Aqua daptor isn't reccomended for any Gardner pole because of the weight, as I found out you can split the no.1 clamp ( less likely if use a long stem insert )

But the aqua tap is so much lighter I can't see it being a problem

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

jonboywalton75

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2015, 08:46:45 am »
Aquadapter is 104 grms
aquatap is 80 grams

Spruce

« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2015, 12:51:52 pm »
My only gripe with the A/tap is when using hot water the hose pops off the "nipple"

Why not try and crimp it in place with an "O" clip.
Something like this from Gardiners?

http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/pump-hose/hose-fittings-adapters/hose-clamps-o-clips/o-clips.html
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Mick White

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2015, 01:25:02 pm »
Just fitted my not that impressed
So loose just the weight of brush head will turn the water on and off anyone know if you can tighten them up a bit

Peter Fogwill

« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2015, 01:29:07 pm »
I have never heard of an AquaTap breaking any Gardiner clamps, or anything else for that matter.  Anyone else?
Mick it will tighten itself up in a week or two. Even so you are working a slightly different way and you need to get used to it.