Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Alex Gardiner

Re: Gardiner's website
« Reply #100 on: January 08, 2015, 03:11:22 pm »
What are the 'downloadable products'?

If we were to start selling software or e-books this would be where you could control the download and delivery of these items. I may look at getting this visibility removed as we are not planning on selling either at this time.

hasti

« Reply #101 on: January 08, 2015, 03:16:43 pm »
Hi Alex, i don't know why you didn't get Nat to do your web site, every one knows on here that he does a great job.

Also you want a web site like this:

https://www.engelbert-strauss.co.uk

Such a great website to shop nice and easy.

Just my thought  ;)

wfp master

« Reply #102 on: January 08, 2015, 03:47:29 pm »
i think alex has been ripped off. whoever designed that site must have been tripping on acid.
#rainbowcolouredwebsite

Soupy

« Reply #103 on: January 08, 2015, 03:47:41 pm »
Hi Alex, i don't know why you didn't get Nat to do your web site, every one knows on here that he does a great job.

Just my thought  ;)

Each to their own. I hate that website!!  ;D

wightsurf

« Reply #104 on: January 08, 2015, 03:59:56 pm »
Alex , I like the product page just the home page in my opinion that needs work, even getting it to work would be a start lol

hasti

« Reply #105 on: January 08, 2015, 04:45:40 pm »

Just my thought  ;)

Each to their own. I hate that website!!  ;D

Really ? Thats one of the most organised web site i have come a cross. Its GERMAN of course  ;)

wfp master

« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2015, 05:00:56 pm »
Wonder if the A was for Aquadapter looks a similar  site
the A has changed to a G now. why would you have an A when the site name begins with a G. ::)roll 

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2015, 05:13:14 pm »
i think alex has been ripped off. whoever designed that site must have been tripping on acid.
#rainbowcolouredwebsite

The costly part is to do with what goes on behind the scenes. We had to have a custom build due to the complexity of our product options and components involved - for instance a simple brush option on a pole is actual made of 10 components that need inventory tracking. Just 1 pole can generate up to 8125 product combinations - with 24 different poles this gives 195,000 product combinations for the site to keep track of just from our poles alone. The new site is able to track product inventory down to each component part of the 195,000 pole combinations - there was nothing available on the market off-the-shelf that would allow us full component inventory tracking through so many product options and sub-bundle levels.

duncan h

« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2015, 05:18:02 pm »

Just my thought  ;)
Its horrendous. Whats with all this popup screen from top AND bottom

slap bash

« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2015, 05:22:48 pm »
STILL NOT WORKING FOR ME.

mufcglen

« Reply #110 on: January 08, 2015, 05:25:25 pm »
#rainbowcolouredwebsite

The costly part is to do with what goes on behind the scenes. We had to have a custom build due to the complexity of our product options and components involved - for instance a simple brush option on a pole is actual made of 10 components that need inventory tracking. Just 1 pole can generate up to 8125 product combinations - with 24 different poles this gives 195,000 product combinations for the site to keep track of just from our poles alone. The new site is able to track product inventory down to each component part of the 195,000 pole combinations - there was nothing available on the market off-the-shelf that would allow us full component inventory tacking through so many product options and sub-bundle levels.

Alex is spot on, if you go on other pole makers sites they dont have half the options his does when selecting what you want or dont want with the poles, another thing i liked about gardiner is the fact that you can order every single bit of your pole online from them, everything from clamps to screws, dont think theres any other pole manufacture give you that option and the reason why theyre service is second to none.
i put an order in yesterday recieved today dinner super fast as always however they got the brush connector wrong so i emailed Alex he replied within minutes and has arranged a new one to be sent out.
top service and the site is starting to grow on me the more i navigate it ;)

duncan h

« Reply #111 on: January 08, 2015, 05:26:08 pm »
Drastic changes needed. The top of home page is a mess. Scroll up and down an I go into fits. Try it Alex. Really annoying.
If its + vat, so be it. Just make is none flashy. We just want to be able to find what we want without fuss. Basic works. Don't spoil what works. I don't mind change. Stops things getting boring, but must say its too fussy. Remove testimonial of homepage and put lint to items there. Put in bottom corner a link to testimonials, but not a massive chunk out of main page. We will keep nagging you until you sort it  ;D It sour favourite site. As someone said. I like to have a look. If like me, end up spending

Hi duncan h

Thanks for your constructive criticism. I appreciate the time that all are spending browsing, checking it all out.

Home page issues seem to be the main problem here. I have already flagged the jumpiness up for resolution with developers. Once again this worked smoothly on the test server on the test domain for several months until going live.

We do have several things in place to tidy up/clarify  the home page though which we will be working on over the next few days. Most of my inputting work has been to make sure all the product pages are correct with correct options so that clients can buy correctly. We have tried to make each product (once you get to it) much clearer and we feel they have the same simplicity as the old websites product pages. In reality this is where clients spend their time rather than the home page. What's your thoughts on a product page such as this once you get to it? - http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/telescopic-poles/slx-ii-carbon-fibre-pole/pole-slx-22.html

Testimonials - obviously to our repeat customers these are of no value whatsoever! However in terms of building trust with new visitors they can have a very effective impact on their buying and trust decisions - much research has been done on this subject over the years. It is trying to get a balance on this area.

We are getting rid of the most viewed and best-sellers lists from the home page though as most visitors will not find this of value.

Still a good bit of sorting to be done  :)
In general fine.
Hate the popup top section, that goes from My acc/wish list/blog etc. You scroll down and it changes slightly. Leave it with log in screen on.
On the page itself. Fine no problem.
NOTE I had an issue when I first clicked link. It loaded and looked different. Did it again, fine.

Stop slagging who Alex chose to do his site. Its paid for, now he needs to get it sorted...poop as it is lmao

mufcglen

« Reply #112 on: January 08, 2015, 05:26:24 pm »
STILL NOT WORKING FOR ME.

need to refresh it pal or clear your history and retype the site in, a few people have said the same thing its your browser :)

Don Kee

« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2015, 05:46:13 pm »
Hi alex

Mobile site looks good  :)

Only thing is one of your banners at the top doesn't fit the screen (mobile site)
Minor thing to be honest, the rest is fine  :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2015, 05:55:01 pm »
the A has changed to a G now. why would you have an A when the site name begins with a G. ::)roll 

Perhaps

A = Alex
G = Gardiner

;D

tlwcs

« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2015, 05:58:15 pm »

Perhaps

A = Alex
G = Gardiner

;D

No ones that clever  ;D
New site, old site, either its going to cost me a fortune.
Tony

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #116 on: January 08, 2015, 06:06:50 pm »

Oh dear

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #117 on: January 08, 2015, 06:11:57 pm »
Alex am i right in thinking there is a picture of a new brush on the site now ? ;)

Paul erithwc

« Reply #118 on: January 08, 2015, 07:20:21 pm »
A categorie for new products would be nice i liked checking that section on the old site for new produts due to be released.

Paul

PoleKing

« Reply #119 on: January 08, 2015, 08:06:36 pm »
I like the site on iPad.

Alex, £420 +VAT for the Hannay manual is expensive.
Bridge Engineering are doing them for £310+VAT.
I can't think you're making that as extra profit ???
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.