Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard iSparkle

Re: Gardiner's website
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2015, 11:48:53 am »
it reminds me of the grippatank website which is a pain too..
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Ronnie Bryce

« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2015, 11:55:32 am »
Just been on. Man that is really bad, I need a lie down after all that flashing around.

wightsurf

« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2015, 12:04:52 pm »
On the 400 liter tank page these link takes me back to home page also Click Here to See the Nylon Tank Fitting Elbow....Click Here to See the Nylon Reducing Bush for Tanks

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2015, 12:16:28 pm »
On the 400 liter tank page these link takes me back to home page also Click Here to See the Nylon Tank Fitting Elbow....Click Here to See the Nylon Reducing Bush for Tanks

Those links have now been sorted on the 400 litre size and are being sorted on all the other sizes

Soupy

« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2015, 12:40:20 pm »
Just having a surf about and I've bought 2 hose reels for £0.00!!

Yay me!

Soupy

« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2015, 12:43:05 pm »

Soupy

« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2015, 12:45:40 pm »
Think I'll buy some spares!

;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2015, 12:49:43 pm »

Yay me!

This was a small error - had me panicking though  ;D

I have made a rather hurried call to the developers and it has been rectified - it was not just reels that it was affecting.

Soupy

« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2015, 12:56:09 pm »

Yay me!

This a pricing glitch and is an error  ???

I have made a rather hurried call to the developers as I think one of them is messing around with pricing discount right now causing these strange occurrences.

I know, I never completed the purchase, you wanted £90 delivery  ::)roll

;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2015, 01:05:44 pm »

Yay me!

This a pricing glitch and is an error  ???

I have made a rather hurried call to the developers as I think one of them is messing around with pricing discount right now causing these strange occurrences.

I know, I never completed the purchase, you wanted £90 delivery  ::)roll

;D

;D

Jakey boy

« Reply #90 on: January 08, 2015, 01:07:09 pm »
Give a month and everyone will love it, it's just getting used to change.

One thing that does need improving Alex, is the mobile optimisation, it's not user friendly on the iPhone, which many people use as there primary source of web searching nowadays...

Give it time, it'll soon be a favourite, dazmond is now running around stark naked in delight that the website is now back.

Bill.upnw

« Reply #91 on: January 08, 2015, 01:14:38 pm »
i do prefer the old website to be ohnest

and if im being picky the prices without vat included is annoying.

just my 2 cents

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #92 on: January 08, 2015, 01:32:29 pm »
i do prefer the old website to be ohnest

and if im being picky the prices without vat included is annoying.

just my 2 cents

We do appreciate and take note of all feedback.

With regard to the VAT exclusive pricing it is interesting that no one has mentioned about this as a problem in the previous 10 years of displaying them like this on our old website.

Soupy

« Reply #93 on: January 08, 2015, 01:35:36 pm »
The VAT inc or ex is not really an issue. It's normal.

There are quite a few links that don't work though. Ts&Cs, Blog, Returns, Shipping details all dead.

Soupy

« Reply #94 on: January 08, 2015, 01:37:47 pm »
It would appear they are trying to link to http://www.puregardiner.uk/ whereas working links link to http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #95 on: January 08, 2015, 01:43:30 pm »
It would appear they are trying to link to http://www.puregardiner.uk/ whereas working links link to http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/

Thanks Soupy I think that you're right. I will pass this on.

I'd offer you a job if you were not so successful already  :)

Soupy

« Reply #96 on: January 08, 2015, 01:53:17 pm »

Thanks Soupy I think that you're right. I will pass this on.

I'd offer you a job if you were not so successful already  :)

The bill is on it's way.

duncan h

« Reply #97 on: January 08, 2015, 02:03:15 pm »
Drastic changes needed. The top of home page is a mess. Scroll up and down an I go into fits. Try it Alex. Really annoying.
If its + vat, so be it. Just make is none flashy. We just want to be able to find what we want without fuss. Basic works. Don't spoil what works. I don't mind change. Stops things getting boring, but must say its too fussy. Remove testimonial of homepage and put lint to items there. Put in bottom corner a link to testimonials, but not a massive chunk out of main page. We will keep nagging you until you sort it  ;D It sour favourite site. As someone said. I like to have a look. If like me, end up spending

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #98 on: January 08, 2015, 02:42:29 pm »
Drastic changes needed. The top of home page is a mess. Scroll up and down an I go into fits. Try it Alex. Really annoying.
If its + vat, so be it. Just make is none flashy. We just want to be able to find what we want without fuss. Basic works. Don't spoil what works. I don't mind change. Stops things getting boring, but must say its too fussy. Remove testimonial of homepage and put lint to items there. Put in bottom corner a link to testimonials, but not a massive chunk out of main page. We will keep nagging you until you sort it  ;D It sour favourite site. As someone said. I like to have a look. If like me, end up spending

Hi duncan h

Thanks for your constructive criticism. I appreciate the time that all are spending browsing, checking it all out.

Home page issues seem to be the main problem here. I have already flagged the jumpiness up for resolution with developers. Once again this worked smoothly on the test server on the test domain for several months until going live.

We do have several things in place to tidy up/clarify  the home page though which we will be working on over the next few days. Most of my inputting work has been to make sure all the product pages are correct with correct options so that clients can buy correctly. We have tried to make each product (once you get to it) much clearer and we feel they have the same simplicity as the old websites product pages. In reality this is where clients spend their time rather than the home page. What's your thoughts on a product page such as this once you get to it? - http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/water-fed-poles/telescopic-poles/slx-ii-carbon-fibre-pole/pole-slx-22.html

Testimonials - obviously to our repeat customers these are of no value whatsoever! However in terms of building trust with new visitors they can have a very effective impact on their buying and trust decisions - much research has been done on this subject over the years. It is trying to get a balance on this area.

We are getting rid of the most viewed and best-sellers lists from the home page though as most visitors will not find this of value.

Still a good bit of sorting to be done  :)

Soupy

« Reply #99 on: January 08, 2015, 02:45:12 pm »
What are the 'downloadable products'?