Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: is M Power unique
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2014, 01:51:50 pm »
It was explained to me as, if you get a jar and fill it full of marbles right to the top and putting the lid on and shake it then marbles can't move anywhere BUT if you were to half fill the same jar with the same sized marbles then shake it then they would cascade around MEANING that the marbles are molecules which need to move around to break down the dirt.

I just found that I could not rely on these cleaners on a regular basis.

Shaun

stuart_clark

« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2014, 02:01:42 pm »
Plus the marbles would smash the Jar Shaun  ;D ;D   ;D

Doug Holloway

« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2014, 03:56:04 pm »
Hi Guys

Not sure if I like the marble analogy as a colloid is in continual motion, as I understand it Brownian motion and it is this which makes it effective.

Maybe I will relook in regard to deodorising.

Trouble is they were so heavily hyped and when I tried as usual the hype was nowhere near the performance.

Cheers

Doug

stuart_clark

« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2014, 04:40:27 pm »
Doug
you got it in one there mate ! The hype ! I remember when M Power 1st came out think 2006 ?
Everyone was saying it was the end to conventional detergents and this new wonder cleaning agent would replace everything we had used in the past ! Problem was it didn't
I still use it on occasion but its rare, I might have another go next week, but only because its been revamped in this thread, but I aint holding out much hope ! Lol

Stuart

David Ware

« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2014, 05:53:21 pm »
Doug
you got it in one there mate ! The hype ! I remember when M Power 1st came out think 2006 ?
Everyone was saying it was the end to conventional detergents and this new wonder cleaning agent would replace everything we had used in the past ! Problem was it didn't
I still use it on occasion but its rare, I might have another go next week, but only because its been revamped in this thread, but I aint holding out much hope ! Lol

Stuart

Micro splitters were before colloids and detergents were before micro splitters and each was the best cleaner on the planet. They all work bit like us, work harder some days more than others
David

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2014, 07:33:39 pm »
There used to be a couple of guys on here (Joe and Colin) that swore blind on the power of Mpower. They used it one everything and it was the best thing since slice bread. One got found out that he was actually employed by solutions and the other threw his toys out of the pram when people (ok, probably just me) accused him of being on commission because he mentioned Solutions and their products in EVERY POST he made!

oh i'm such a bitch  ;D

*Hector*

« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2014, 07:37:22 pm »
meeeeeee---oowwwwwww

;D

To be fair.. Colin left here as soon as he was offered the job at Solutions as he is a fair and honest guy..... But Joe as you say chucked his toys out of the pram..  ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

neil 47

« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2014, 07:52:29 pm »
Ive known Colin for years and he used solutions products even before he worked there , he also even after leaving still recommended that I tried Mpower.

Mpowers/colliod cleaner  down side is that is you need to agitate well and get you dilution rates right .

I hwe a lounge yesterday and used shockwave and acid rinse as it was a friends house and was going to be let i sprayed the other room with mpower and bonneted , when i packed away i looked over both carpets and visually i couldn't see any difference both looked great .

with mpower i used oreck and sprayer so a lot easier and faster
IICRC

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2014, 10:07:32 am »
I tried M Power a few years ago now, only because of all the hype that was surrounding it and the 'micro-splitter' revolution at the time.
It is not that it doesn't work, it is that it works across a narrower range of soils than other products, so could never be considered your go to prespray. If you've go nothing to compare it to, I suppose  it's brilliant.

Simon

neil 47

« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2014, 10:13:03 am »

your right simon it is a niche product , but that fits in well with what I do mainly domestic with 80/20 or polyprop carpets and dfs suites
IICRC

*Hector*

« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2014, 10:51:41 am »
Ive known Colin for years and he used solutions products even before he worked there , he also even after leaving still recommended that I tried Mpower.

When did Colin leave there Neil? and is he back carpet cleaning now, or fixing big mechanical budgies again?

neil 47

« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2014, 11:05:38 am »

Hes a bt telecoms engineer now.
IICRC

*Hector*

« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2014, 11:15:49 am »
Please pass my regards on to him when you see him next.

Cheers
 ;D

Raymondo

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2014, 11:27:40 am »
I had to ring solutions a year or 2 back about a part for a sprayer and spoke to Colin and we got on the subject of hot water vs cold water and whether hot water clean better.

He admitted to me that in his opinion hot water cleans better but I could not tell anyone  :-X :-X but now he has left I now can  :) :).

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2014, 11:29:28 am »

Mpowers/colliod cleaner  down side is that is you need to agitate well and get you dilution rates right .

I hwe a lounge yesterday and used shockwave and acid rinse as it was a friends house and was going to be let i sprayed the other room with mpower and bonneted , when i packed away i looked over both carpets and visually i couldn't see any difference both looked great .

with mpower i used oreck and sprayer so a lot easier and faster

Did you just bonnet other rooms, thought you did not like doing it on domestic? 

neil 47

« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2014, 12:08:00 pm »
Hi Ian

your right i usually hwe on domestics but this was a berber so i did it just to see the difference.

As humans we look at every thing each day with a conscious and unconscious memory. bit like driving a car your unconscious does most of the work   and you really dont think about how you do it .

Its the same with cc except we as carpet cleaners think about how we are doing it and all the workings (cleaning).

when we look at say a cream carpet the brain looks for symmetry if one area is darker (dirt) or there are spots and marks everywhere your brain dosent  like it , but get some solution spray it down then smooth out all those areas into one big plain area that looks exactly the same and the brain loves it .

Its the same in the world of beauty a symetrical face is always voted the most beautiful and a unsymmetrical ugly  .

Now for the carpets cleaner conscious mind we will all say but the dirts still there , customers see the unconscious we see the conscious part

so the point is make it all look the same ( mingers not included ), something to Dwell on for a Sunday
IICRC

mark_roberts

« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2014, 04:14:00 pm »
When micro splitters came out they got great reviews and worked well because we all went out and bought host machines to agitate the carpet with.

Agitation is the key no matter what chem you use, if the carpet needs it.

Mark

stuart_clark

« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2014, 04:16:39 pm »
Not many people stay with Nick ! He has one hell of a turnover of staff nearly as bad as his turnover of customers ! Lol

Stuart

david mitcham

« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2014, 07:21:53 pm »

Time to delete this site so much bitching goes on ,think you must loose more customers than nick ever has!!!

stuart_clark

« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2014, 07:45:12 pm »
David
time for you to go back on CT and Lick bum