Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

Re: is M Power unique
« Reply #60 on: October 26, 2014, 08:04:25 pm »
It's ok to have a dig at Nick but who else in our industry has done more to bring innovation to us carpet cleaners?

He tried to answer our thirst for power by searching out what he thought was the most powerful extractors available and brought them to the UK, would other suppliers have  started offering the more powerful extractors if it was not for the fact that whatever they sold had to compete with the scorpion.

And M-Power might not be everyone's cup of tea but it was the first offered to us, would we have the ones that followed if Nick had not had the instinct to search it out and make it available to us.

Perhaps we need more Nicks in our industry, he might have faltered in his business journey.... but who hasn't ?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

jim mca

« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2014, 08:16:35 pm »
M power is unique in that it must be the most debated chemical on this forum

garyhumphreys

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2014, 08:32:05 pm »
MP/bio clean is my go to upholstery cleaning product. Unless it's a minger, it usually does a great job.
Plenty of dwell time mind.

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #63 on: October 26, 2014, 08:34:26 pm »
Tried mpower and got on great with it but as said not every situation but think it's great for certain scenario. Nearly everyday I see comments about mpower ? Why not chat about spm cause most are probably using it and everyone who uses spm got nothing but good words to say about it so basically instead of slating what doesn't work for you why not big up what does and leave each to there own  :)
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

john martin

« Reply #64 on: October 26, 2014, 08:41:28 pm »

Neither the machines or chemicals would have sold well on the basis of their own merits , they were sold by deliberate controlled hype on a censored forum  , that might have been a good business strategy , but i don't think its to be applauded industry wise .

Mike Halliday

« Reply #65 on: October 26, 2014, 08:52:24 pm »

Neither the machines or chemicals would have sold well on the basis of their own merits , they were sold by deliberate controlled hype on a censored forum  , that might have been a good business strategy , but i don't think its to be applauded industry wise .

so the machines didn't sell in the USA? Cross American sold plenty of them before nick started bringing them across.

and why does John Ks bioclean sell? its not had the same hype or backing of a censored forum, and as John said its the same stuff
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #66 on: October 26, 2014, 08:58:24 pm »
If that's how they sell then so what ? On are website we say why use us how we do it etc because that's are platform to sell. They sell there machines and chems on there platform and it down to whoever looks etc to decide whether to buy or not they don't advertise others as we don't advertise others on are website it's how we promote ourselves not others. I use this forum and the other and when using the other obviously they will give advice directed towards there chems etc and that's there right and if it helps someone out of a situation then sorted. Here you will get opinions of all kinds of chems etc because this is an open ended forum not for 1 brand etc. If prochem had a forum do you think they would push other products ? I don't  :D
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

john martin

« Reply #67 on: October 26, 2014, 09:09:58 pm »

They sold relatively few in the USA for the size of the country , the ' corporation ' is just one man in a shed after all  , no upscale because they didnt sell well and were mostly slated on the US forums . 
The forum has also being used to heap negative propaganda on other machine manufacturers , cleaning concepts and available chemicals , usually with some unproven pseudoscience .
Chemical wise  ...  i dont doubt it has affected the industry in the UK,  if something is seen to sell it will be copied , but the reason for the popularity was still mostly hype .

Hilton

« Reply #68 on: October 26, 2014, 10:12:44 pm »
I have no idea how machines they sell,
Perhaps you could enlighten me..

What were their sales for say,
2010-11
2012-13
2013- 14

Be interesting to see if sales held up or increased in this period.You say they sold relatively 'few' relative to who?

mark shannon

« Reply #69 on: October 26, 2014, 10:21:22 pm »
A&M first brought Cross American extractors to the UK not Nick.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #70 on: October 26, 2014, 10:34:10 pm »
A&M first brought Cross American extractors to the UK not Nick.

and didnt Alltec make a triple vac machine way before the Scorpion?

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #71 on: October 26, 2014, 10:42:59 pm »
I thought Alltec had bio Cleaner   Bio somthing we all went on a Green Cleaning day and thought we were going to get a Green Cleaning Site and then told we had to pay   this was befor the present management

john martin

« Reply #72 on: October 26, 2014, 10:43:51 pm »

2010-11
2012-13
2013- 14

Be interesting to see if sales held up or increased in this period.You say they sold relatively 'few' relative to who?

I have no idea how many are sold  ...
few relative to Mytee for eg

I am just saying that they would not have been able to sell many at all if honest critical debate and comparison of it and other machines was allowed on CT .  

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #73 on: October 26, 2014, 10:45:08 pm »
Steady on stuart!

Mpower and the likes are speciality products for a speciality crowd if marketed correctly and used correctly I'm sure they are great but there is no chemical metering or average soiling every situation is different my speciality is a full on deep and thorough clean I tell the customer this they ask me to come to their homes because of this and I can't offer a reliable service that I can trust with these products.

Over marketing is the main problem and people jumping on the 'I'm better than you' train because someone speaks more eloquently about a product getting people to follow, realistically you should make your own mind up about products and try as many out as you can and not be told it works as you can then believe the word not the clean.

Shaun

Hilton

« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2014, 11:27:02 pm »

2010-11
2012-13
2013- 14

I am just saying that they would not have been able to sell many at all if honest critical debate and comparison of it and other machines was allowed on CT .  

I must have misunderstood your post then as I thought when you said they don't sell many you knew how many they did, never mind.

Tadgh O Shea

« Reply #75 on: October 26, 2014, 11:49:03 pm »
Steady on stuart!

Mpower and the likes are speciality products for a speciality crowd if marketed correctly and used correctly I'm sure they are great but there is no chemical metering or average soiling every situation is different my speciality is a full on deep and thorough clean I tell the customer this they ask me to come to their homes because of this and I can't offer a reliable service that I can trust with these products.

Over marketing is the main problem and people jumping on the 'I'm better than you' train because someone speaks more eloquently about a product getting people to follow, realistically you should make your own mind up about products and try as many out as you can and not be told it works as you can then believe the word not the clean.

Shaun
Good post Shaun, i would be of the same belief and have to check out a product or new technology for myself and test it on many different surfaces before i would trust the word of someone else, as in years gone by i took on faith the words of others only to have it come back to haunt me. for the record micelles technology has been available long before microsplitters and are totally different when it comes to performance and results.

Steve Gunn

« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2014, 06:49:36 am »
I always end up returning to chemspec products after one too many hit and miss attempts with these type of products use what works for you. Yes by all means try them but how long do you keep trying to reinvent something when there are products out there that constantly give excellent results.

People are sucked into it dilutes down 160-1 thinking I'm going to save money but then end up having to do the same job twice using something else as the results were not satisfactory but it's each to their own.

gwrightson

« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2014, 06:52:27 am »

What happened to the Allergen stop nick was selling ?

I do remember a lot of p**sed of c/c who paid good money to be part of a for want of a better word Franchise.

Is it still available?
Geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

stuart_clark

« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2014, 08:41:50 am »
I think I've used about thirty litres of the stuff over the last eight years or so, but its very hit and miss, it seems to work well on wool but is crap on manmade fibres, we all like to try new products from time to time as they appear on the market, but my main chem is Chemspec and always will be because I can guarantee good results nearly every time,

Stuart

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2014, 09:12:43 am »

2010-11
2012-13
2013- 14

I must have misunderstood your post then as I thought when you said they don't sell many you knew how many they did, never mind.

I do not know the companies actual name but if it is Ltd you could find out total sales from www.companycheck.co.uk  you can get an idea of cash at bank assets  and liabities for free but would have to pay for full accounts , as how much people are paid  etc  distorts figure