This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Perfect Windows

New windows don't get dirty...
« on: October 20, 2014, 10:25:09 pm »
“Hi, It’s Vin from Perfect Windows, just a quick call ...”

“I’ll stop you there... this is a bit awkward....  we’ve had new double glazing fitted so we won’t need them cleaning again”

“Ah, OK, is it the glass that’s meant to be self cleaning?” (Thinks: This'll be good; wait till I tell him I clean a couple of people who were conned bought that)

“No, but new glass stays clean, doesn’t it”

“I’ll give you a call in three months and you can tell me”

Vin

PoleKing

Re: New windows don't get dirty...
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 10:31:27 pm »
Really? Why would you call them in 3 months?
Let 'em go...
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

Soupy

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 06:18:16 am »
Let 'em go...

Because that is what he does for a job. Cleans windows. These people want clean windows. OK, they maybe deluded but their money spends just the same.

colin bird

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 06:21:09 am »
Let 'em go...

Because that is what he does for a job. Cleans windows. These people want clean windows. OK, they maybe deluded but their money spends just the same.
[/quote

+1

paulben

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 06:45:03 am »
Why not find another customer to replace them I wouldn't wait til they think they wanted cleaning then if they call you tell them you haven't got time to do them or put price up .
Do not steal the government hates competition

Perfect Windows

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 07:04:51 am »
Let 'em go...

Fair question.  Because he is a well-priced customer in the middle of a run of four.

Vin

C o z y

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 07:26:36 am »
I know we all get brain farts, especially Richy Wilts, he has upto 3 or 4 a day, but how do people get the idea that new glass won't need cleaning ever again?  ???

Proof that they amo ng us.  ::)roll
No still don't understand, I must be thick

dannymack

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 07:47:59 am »
Vin wouldn't care if he was in the middle of ten houses I wouldn't go back !!!! Or if you do then add more money on and tell him that all new customers the price has increased but existing ones have stayed the same for the time being bet that'll pi ss him off !!!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2014, 08:03:26 am »
Guessing they have gone from wooden to plastic?

ChumBucket

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2014, 08:05:36 am »
“Hi, It’s Vin from Perfect Windows, just a quick call ...”

“I’ll stop you there... this is a bit awkward....  we’ve had new double glazing fitted so we won’t need them cleaning again”

“Ah, OK, is it the glass that’s meant to be self cleaning?” (Thinks: This'll be good; wait till I tell him I clean a couple of people who were conned bought that)

“No, but new glass stays clean, doesn’t it”

“I’ll give you a call in three months and you can tell me”

Vin

Charge him double on the first re-clean. Tell him new windows are harder to clean. ;)

Perfect Windows

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2014, 08:42:01 am »
Vin wouldn't care if he was in the middle of ten houses I wouldn't go back !!!! Or if you do then add more money on and tell him that all new customers the price has increased but existing ones have stayed the same for the time being bet that'll pi ss him off !!!

I have no desire to p him off.

The house is £33. It took about 25 mins when he had horrible, fiddly wooden Georgians with dodgy paint. He gives me a cheque before I start.

Now he has wide open majestic sweeps of new glass with lovely clean frames.

So, while I'd normally have dumped him and then been asked by four total strangers to go and clean their identical houses for £60 a time, I chose not to gamble.

Vin

Leeds

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2014, 09:05:05 am »
Let 'em go...

Soupy is the only member on here who actually talks sense. +1

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2014, 09:23:10 am »
" We have just had new windows fitted and they are not dirty yet, can we phone you in a  few weeks when they need cleaning ? " yes of course, thats understandable thanks for letting me know.

The above scenario has happened a few times to me.
Deluded, yes.

I cannot understand why somebody would want to spend few thousand on new windows and then not maintain them.

agree, don't p him off, £33 a clean and am sure it will take less time in future, thats good money  ;)

Of course , they could be using the new windows as a convenient moment to have a "legitimate" reason to cancel and find a cheaper cleaner when they next need cleaning  :-\

Plankton

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2014, 10:05:47 am »
custy had new windows fitted before last clean and they have marker pen on some of the glass, wfp didn't remove much but I don't clean from a ladder insurance etc. due again this week any suggestions. I might suggest cleaning from inside if I do what would you use, I tend to use nail varnish remover because it's free. :)

SeanK

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2014, 10:20:39 am »
Let 'em go...

Agreed +2

lal

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2014, 11:20:16 am »
Let 'em go...

Agreed +2

Agreed +3

Mike #1

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2014, 11:27:53 am »
If they do have self cleaning glass they are usually fairly dirty by about 12 weeks , I clean a medical centre every quarter which must have paid a fortune for self cleaning glass as it is a big 2 storey building .

gary999

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2014, 11:31:20 am »
Let 'em go...

Steady on there silver!!! :o

Lets not get carried away  ;D

H20cleaning

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2014, 11:49:33 am »
Not going to lie but if i had payed thousands for my windows cleaned i would be tempted to get away without cleaning them for a couple of months... Its kindof annoyingly understandable.
However 9/10 times 3 months turns into years and before he knows it the frames will be stained ;D

Soupy

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2014, 12:02:49 pm »
Let 'em go...

Steady on there silver!!! :o

Lets not get carried away  ;D

Agreed +1

;D