This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

gary999

Re: New windows don't get dirty...
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2014, 12:16:19 pm »
 ;D

Soupy

« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2014, 12:17:29 pm »
I don't see why people get so wound up by ignorance from customers. So what if they've bought some bullcrap line from a double glazing salesman? It wouldn't bother me in the slightest. In fact in three months time this customer will be grateful and far better informed than most.

gary999

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2014, 12:28:06 pm »
I clean for a chap who owns a company that makes conservatories
he swore blind his glass roof on his own con would never need cleaning
due to the coating that is applied on the glass

6 months later he was asking me to clean his con roof and ive
been cleaning it every 3 months ever since.. cant have own product
looking bad can he ;D

DeLuce

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2014, 04:50:26 pm »
custy had new windows fitted before last clean and they have marker pen on some of the glass, wfp didn't remove much but I don't clean from a ladder insurance etc. due again this week any suggestions. I might suggest cleaning from inside if I do what would you use, I tend to use nail varnish remover because it's free. :)

You could try putting a cloth that you have put solvent on and fixing it on to the end of your wfp and give it a few rubs to remove pen mark then wfp off!!
I tried this method with sealant and it worked well for that. I'd have thought pen is easier to remove than sealant. Good luck 😁

Perfect Windows

« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2014, 05:21:13 pm »
I don't see why people get so wound up by ignorance from customers. So what if they've bought some bullcrap line from a double glazing salesman? It wouldn't bother me in the slightest. In fact in three months time this customer will be grateful and far better informed than most.

I agree. I posted this because I thought it showed an amusing side of human nature.

To the people saying "dump him" I have a genuine question.  What benefit will it bring either my business or me to dump him?

Vin

Spruce

« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2014, 05:40:52 pm »

I agree. I posted this because I thought it showed an amusing side of human nature.

To the people saying "dump him" I have a genuine question.  What benefit will it bring either my business or me to dump him?

Vin

In 3 months time he will be a good customer again. And you will be able to clean those new windows and frames quicker than the old windows he had before. Sounds to me like this could become a win win situation in the future.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

lal

« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2014, 07:19:38 pm »
I clean for a chap who owns a company that makes conservatories
he swore blind his glass roof on his own con would never need cleaning
due to the coating that is applied on the glass

6 months later he was asking me to clean his con roof and ive
been cleaning it every 3 months ever since.. cant have own product
looking bad can he ;D

Great Post Gary, really made me laugh, my aunts husband had a new conservatory put in about three years ago,
and he was ramming it down my throat about the self cleaning glass roof and how it would never need cleaning, I
said to him we will have too wait and see time will tell, he never mentions it these days.  ;D ;D
Regards
Lal

Window Lickers

« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2014, 07:25:17 pm »
Really? Why would you call them in 3 months?
Let 'em go...

Because that is what he does for a job. Cleans windows. These people want clean windows. OK, they maybe deluded but their money spends just the same.

Soupy is the only member on here who actually talks sense. +1

He's not, he's the only who bothers to reply. Most others who do the replying talk bollox. The others have given up a long time ago.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

Plankton

« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2014, 09:58:11 pm »
custy had new windows fitted before last clean and they have marker pen on some of the glass, wfp didn't remove much but I don't clean from a ladder insurance etc. due again this week any suggestions. I might suggest cleaning from inside if I do what would you use, I tend to use nail varnish remover because it's free. :)

You could try putting a cloth that you have put solvent on and fixing it on to the end of your wfp and give it a few rubs to remove pen mark then wfp off!!
I tried this method with sealant and it worked well for that. I'd have thought pen is easier to remove than sealant. Good luck
If all goes well I'll be up there Friday, so will give it a go. Cheers ;)

PoleKing

« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2014, 10:00:28 pm »
Really? Why would you call them in 3 months?
Let 'em go...

Fair question.  Because he is a well-priced customer in the middle of a run of four.

Vin

Cool.
I'd wait for him to catch your eye while cleaning next doors  ;)
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

paulben

« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2014, 07:15:07 am »
If you have a full work load and customer says he wont need them cleaning again and someone else asks you to do there windows do you say no in case first customer wants you back.
Do not steal the government hates competition

paulben

« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2014, 07:36:19 am »
What do you do with customers that say winters coming can you leave them til spring. By spring you will have replaced them with decent customers. Just dumped one who said she couldn't afford windows to be done twice on trot then never replied to last text to leave gate open . Brand new A3 in drive first job this morning is houses either side it makes them look tight
Do not steal the government hates competition

C o z y

« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2014, 09:30:59 am »
What do you do with customers that say winters coming can you leave them til spring. By spring you will have replaced them with decent customers. Just dumped one who said she couldn't afford windows to be done twice on trot then never replied to last text to leave gate open . Brand new A3 in drive first job this morning is houses either side it makes them look tight

lol, makes no difference what car they've got parked on the drive mate. I've got people here with new motors and no cash at all in the house. Cars are paid for normally on credit. If we get custies where a 12 or 15 quid is an issue, it's usually the ones with the most expensive car.  ::)roll They live from day to day on, or just above what they earn. If they need new tyres or get a breakdown, then it's sleepless nights for a few months.

These people are like ducks on water. All calm on the surface, and under the surface, legs going like hell. Why do you think Wonga and all those loan companies are doing so well?
No still don't understand, I must be thick

Soupy

« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2014, 11:09:28 am »
If you have a full work load and customer says he wont need them cleaning again and someone else asks you to do there windows do you say no in case first customer wants you back.

If you are full, you are full. It serves no one to get upset about it though.

What do you do with customers that say winters coming can you leave them til spring. By spring you will have replaced them with decent customers.

I can't do as many houses in January as I can in June so it doesn't bother me.

Just dumped one who said she couldn't afford windows to be done twice on trot then never replied to last text to leave gate open . Brand new A3 in drive first job this morning is houses either side it makes them look tight

They probably are tight, that's how they can afford their A3.

Leeds

« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2014, 01:54:51 pm »

No one buys a brand new A3 by choice PaulBen, lease all the way, no money in the bank. Ive canvassed houses with R8's in the drive, and they say theyre not spending money on getting windows cleaned. Ducks on water paul, ducks on water...