Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

Re: struggling
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2014, 08:49:46 pm »
He also imported a tm and didn't like it!

If you're marketing is spot on then in theory the customer is buying the person but you do have to know how to get the best out of said machine (I believe he uses dry fusion mostly in the pics I've seen) oh and have the gift of the gab!

Shaun

stuart_clark

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2014, 09:02:51 pm »
Aye nearly as much as you Shaun, and also he is a tight arsed YORKSHIREMAN ! Lol

Stuart

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2014, 06:57:32 am »
There's always one tight arse that spoils it for us all!

Shaun

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2014, 07:32:30 pm »
if only all these cheepos would disappear.........actually scrap that, simon is right QUALITY  every time and thats why im always busy, and there are plenty of cheap guys in this area, so head down, do a great job, and it will all be OK...remember it is YOUR job to GET the job..not loose it

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2014, 07:40:13 pm »
lol all the big guns on here saying  charge this charge that yet still working into there old age so tell me about these high prices your changing and how well your doing yet your still out at work everyday ???

so is that what hes got to look forward to charging top money but still as to work in to his 50s and 60s wow sounds great to me not  ::)roll

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2014, 08:53:28 pm »
whos says they work every day?

stuart_clark

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2014, 10:53:53 pm »
I work a three day week and have done for the last six years, thats my choice, I used to work up to 7 days and most nights but made the decision that when I became 50 enough was enough
I have enough mates that worked themselves into an early grave, I enjoy my job as I have always done but I work to live and not the othrr eay round

p s the young Mr Ashmore will learn this as time goes bye ! Lol

Stuart

Hilton

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2014, 10:59:31 pm »
Working into my 50's and 60's does sound great to me I have no interest in any early retirement rubbish.

That IS the way to an early grave....

I do not understand why anyone would do a job they hate so much that they want to chuck it in so early, simple find something you enjoy doing .

petermaybury

« Reply #48 on: September 26, 2014, 12:59:57 am »
I do love what I do. There are some things that do p me off, but I would like to remain fit enough to do what I do for as long as I can.
I like the work out and if not working will be cycleing, running circuit training or drinking.
I have a lot of friends that take life easy and do not work as hard as me but they are a lot less mobile in flexible than me so they can have their easy life.
The thing is to stay active and keep going, if you do nt get any satisfaction from it then give it up.
Andy I think that most situations are a state of mind and if you are profficient at what you do then maybe you should look at that. You do need to come across as positive to win customers. We all have people that are cheaper, do you want to compete with them?
Peter

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #49 on: September 26, 2014, 10:59:15 am »
My missus has halved my working week to 8 days and she says I'm very great full for it!

Shaun

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #50 on: September 26, 2014, 02:53:35 pm »
Hi andy

From what i gather from spped reading you took over your dads business . In that time you must have aquired quite a few clients even if they do not use you now.  So go back through your diary and write to all customers who used you last year. 

Do this for the past six years
 To keep cost down sort them into areas and act as your own private postman

I am sure others could help you with the letter  but do not do Miss You letter   free room etc

Do a good old British one . Offer A Big Discount for Carpet Clean and protect . think Bundles

Lot of work

Dave_Lee

« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2014, 09:05:39 pm »
Susan, back with your agism remarks I see. How the hell do you make out that 50 and 60 years is 'old age'. Unless you already feel old at your age, whatever that is. I am now 68 years and have in the last 7 weeks completed a 70 mile walk with camping pack inside 2 days and a 100 mile walk with camping pack right across the Lake District and beyond in less than 2.5 days. I work because retirement is no thanks from me. I am not a sitter and am as active as ever, so please don't class me as being in my 'old age'.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Brendan (chem2clean)

« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2014, 10:09:48 pm »
well said Dave.

Hilton

« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2014, 10:21:28 pm »
She hates what she does and wants out before she hits  50 nothing wrong with that,

It must be hell though knowing you have to do this every day when your mind set is so negative.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2014, 10:24:21 pm »
Don't take anything Susan says seriously. She's entertaining but not to be taken seriously.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2014, 09:47:51 am »
Thought Susan said she had retired living off all those houses she bought   

tony bish

« Reply #56 on: September 27, 2014, 11:28:10 am »
Sounds to me that you are not in the right frame of mind to run  this business and this probably comes across in both your work and your communication with prospects.

You may we'll be better off taking a job if you can get one at least in the short term and keep your hand in doing the odd carpet job at the weekends for extra cash until such time you feel ready to take the plunge again.

This will relieve the pressure on you and no doubt your family as well....
Good luck

I have to agree with Hilton ,only you know your circumstances and your finances and I am afraid it is very difficult to give advice without knowing this ,but doing it now and then plus a job may be the answer and may refresh your interest in it as well .Regards and good luck   

COLIN BRIGHT

« Reply #57 on: September 27, 2014, 02:37:59 pm »
Calm down Dave or you'll keel over your Zimmer frame

Dave_Lee

« Reply #58 on: September 27, 2014, 03:20:08 pm »
Calm down Dave or you'll keel over your Zimmer frame

I am calm Colin, just don't like narrow minded, patronising comments from someone who's never been in the situation she is describing other as being.
My dad is 91 years and I wouldn't describe him as being in 'old age' either, he is still fully independent, does not receive nor needs any help, still works part time, has all his marbles and is as active as he's always been.
When the time does come for the Zimmer, mine will have rockets on! ;)
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

julianb

« Reply #59 on: September 27, 2014, 08:03:05 pm »
I have no intention of retiring I like working and fiddling with my machine not a euphemism  😮. I think do not appear to be in a rush and after a job do a check over with the customer before packing up, it's a good thing to do.