This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Roland S

small pressure washer that i can carry?
« on: September 08, 2014, 08:41:56 pm »
hi

i get quite a few pressure washing jobs that are in a terraced house with no front garden where i don't want to be wheeling my big pressure washer through the house, or run hoses through the house. so i'm looking to buy something smaller that i can carry through the house for small decking jobs etc, so it would need to be less than 50kg. i don't want an electric one if i can help it and would prefer a small honda driven one. does anyone use something like this that is small enough and light enough to lift? if so what engine should i be looking for?

thanks in advance

drive surgeon

Re: small pressure washer that i can carry?
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 08:46:15 pm »
Use the alley gates mate

Roland S

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 08:53:35 pm »
i wish it was that simple. the city i work in has some really big detached houses but just as many small terraced houses with front doors that open on to the street and no rear access at all, no alleyways or anything. the only way to get to the back is through the house, and quite often down some stairs.

Paul Doig

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 09:04:57 pm »
The problem is that a light weight PW is also lower water volume. I have one that could be carried, I bought this one to be small and light, but wouldn't use it for driveway cleaning or anything like that, it's just not powerful enough IMO. Unless of course, you were using Hypo.

I have one of these:
http://www.jetmac.co.uk/shop/7-horse-power-loncin-ar-triplex-pump-3000-psi-12-litres-per-minute/

Roland S

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 10:01:22 pm »
thanks paul, yeah i don't need a lot of power, it will be mainly for decking and the odd small patio, i've got a gx390 for the bigger stuff. i would prefer a honda with a decent pump but it won't be getting a lot of use. can you lift that ok?

drive surgeon

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2014, 02:02:05 pm »
It's the water supply the problem. If they don't have an outside tap you have to connect to their sink taps. But this can cause problems because there is pressure between the tap and machine. Have heard some horror stories

Jettaway

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2014, 02:12:15 pm »
I hate indoor taps. No hozelock connector ever fits properly and water sprays everywhere.

BDCS

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2014, 05:43:28 pm »
Washing machine tap fits perfectly and don't leak

Roland S

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2014, 08:45:33 pm »
no its not the water supply that's the issue and yes i've used a washing machine tap. i don't want to have to have the machine running on the pavement outside the house with hoses running through the house, i want to be abloe to carry the maching through the house.

Matt Gibson

« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2014, 07:07:56 am »
I know you said you dont want one, but a good quality electric machine is your best bet. I know Roger uses an electric machine when he does his posh rooftop terrace decks in London.

Roland S

« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2014, 11:09:19 pm »
If I could find a decent one it may be a solution. I just figured the pump would burn out fairly quickly. Do you know what he uses?

BDCS

« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2014, 11:45:17 pm »

Paul Doig

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2014, 08:02:37 am »
thanks paul, yeah i don't need a lot of power, it will be mainly for decking and the odd small patio, i've got a gx390 for the bigger stuff. i would prefer a honda with a decent pump but it won't be getting a lot of use. can you lift that ok?

Yeah, I can lift that in and out of the van, not as light as a household electric machine, but it is possible, and the handle can be removed to make the size easier.

Roger Oakley

« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2014, 08:00:14 pm »

Roger Oakley

« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 08:07:54 pm »
If I could find a decent one it may be a solution. I just figured the pump would burn out fairly quickly. Do you know what he uses?

Roland,
Have a look at Karchers site, their HD range, Chris at Jettaway has seen mine when I was in Grimsby earlier this year. It's going to set you back around £600.00 maybe more, but for non-easy access then this will be the way to go. I had time earlier this year and did a block paved drive with one, crap water supply paving floods etc, didn't take much longer then using usual machine and results were exactly the same. These are the only machines as Matt stated we use on high rise patios or decking.

Smudger

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2014, 08:48:19 pm »
I hate indoor taps. No hozelock connector ever fits properly and water sprays everywhere.

You can get an adaptor that screws into the mixer tap with hozelock end perfect when no outside tap available and does not leak.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Jettaway

« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2014, 11:37:16 pm »

Roland,
Have a look at Karchers site, their HD range, Chris at Jettaway has seen mine when I was in Grimsby earlier this year. It's going to set you back around £600.00 maybe more, but for non-easy access then this will be the way to go. I had time earlier this year and did a block paved drive with one, crap water supply paving floods etc, didn't take much longer then using usual machine and results were exactly the same. These are the only machines as Matt stated we use on high rise patios or decking.

Its a beast alright, it really isn't your average tesco/b&q style machine, its got some guts behind it. A lot more pressure than you would expect.

Jettaway

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2014, 11:38:38 pm »

You can get an adaptor that screws into the mixer tap with hozelock end perfect when no outside tap available and does not leak.

Darren

Does it mean you have to pull out their washing machine to get behind it to the pipes?

Might be a daft question but I've never heard of this kind of connector

Roger Oakley

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2014, 06:37:18 am »
Hozelock do about 5 different types of tap connectors. The one's for mixer taps work really well.

BDCS

« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2014, 07:08:33 am »
You can also buy an adaptor that you unscrew the bit where the water comes out and screw in the adaptor - mine are both still in the packets as the washing machine is favourite