Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Gwilliam

Re: Nicotine on nylon
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2014, 07:08:04 pm »
Probably an error on Cleansmarts part as the sockets are only available on industrial premises or happy camp sites. :) Perhaps they put them on to test the machine?

I wouldn't think it would be intended these be used as you would need a conversion socket and extra lead which is pointless.

dan paton

« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2014, 07:44:42 pm »
I don't think it would be an error. I've converted most of my stuff to these. Extension lead/s can have a small adaptor lead at the end which is no hassle or simply a 13 amp plug. I keep 4 extensions on the van of varied lengths  :)

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2014, 08:11:32 pm »
My point is, this machine will plug in to custys sockets directly using 2 x 13 amp standard plugs in most cases without the use of extension leads.

Why on earth introduce industrial plugs and sockets in between the machine and the custys sockets......it makes no sense at all ::)roll

Why not use normal extension leads if there is a long run?

dan paton

« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2014, 08:23:35 pm »
When I bought my challenger it had already been done. Good on commercial stuff as I can put on the lead length I roughly require. So I done 2 rotary's and porty's too.  As well as having four long leads of various length I have a few much shorter ones for using a porty at the front door of a domestic. The set up suits me  :)

peter maybury

« Reply #44 on: July 19, 2014, 10:07:45 pm »
It is not a "commercial connection " it is a water resistant connection and to be honest is a common sense thing where you have a water and electric environment. There is no need to have these connections at the other end of the lead as it should be away from where you are pouring and handling water.
Dave I was surprised to see in the photo that you have a NCCA sticker on your van especially with the confusion  that you have with the products and chemistry. I have not done the course myself but have studied the manual over a long period of rime and think that it is quite comprehensive, informative and broad enough to give anybody an understanding. I have never been or wanted to be a member of the ncca because basically it has no credibility they will give it to anybody who turns up for the course whether they have any understanding of the content or not.
If you were a builder or in another trade with no understanding  of what you are doing then you would be a cowboy.
I am sorry to be so blunt but there is so many in this industry, that think that it is all about flannelling the customer and charging as much as you can for as little as possible. I think the way to success is being professional and building a knowledge of what you are doing.
It has been said by others blind leading the blind.

Peter

wayne zabel

« Reply #45 on: July 19, 2014, 11:15:13 pm »
Peter with the greatest of respect and speaking as a relative newbie.I don't think carpet cleaning can be compared to building /other skilled trades ect.Basic cc isn't really rocket science and on most occasions good results can be achieved.

Dave is asking a legitimate question to enhance his knowledge.Going on training courses as you constantly go on about isn't going to give you the knowledge of cleaning carpets on all situations.I was never told how to clean a carpet full of nicotine or for that matter anysoiling on any course

Surely the cowboys are those that buy a machine for £300 on e bay and go out cleaning carpets without the most basic of training.

Shouldn't Dave be applauded for trying to gain information and also for re cleaning the carpet in question and not be branded a cowboy?

To quote you"success is being professional and building a knowledge of what you are doing"

I think that's exactly what Dave is doing

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2014, 12:30:18 am »
Those plugs on the Airflex are so you can add the remote system 'in line' if you wish, the other end obviously have standard plugs. The remote can also easily be removed if it's not needed. It's probably the best solution probably not many other plugs that could do the same job and if the remote was hard wired if for any reason it fails you'r stumped, this way it's easily unplugged.

david@zap-clean

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2014, 08:00:59 am »
Peter with the greatest of respect and speaking as a relative newbie.I don't think carpet cleaning can be compared to building /other skilled trades ect.Basic cc isn't really rocket science and on most occasions good results can be achieved.

Dave is asking a legitimate question to enhance his knowledge.Going on training courses as you constantly go on about isn't going to give you the knowledge of cleaning carpets on all situations.I was never told how to clean a carpet full of nicotine or for that matter anysoiling on any course

Surely the cowboys are those that buy a machine for £300 on e bay and go out cleaning carpets without the most basic of training.

Shouldn't Dave be applauded for trying to gain information and also for re cleaning the carpet in question and not be branded a cowboy?

To quote you"success is being professional and building a knowledge of what you are doing"

I think that's exactly what Dave is doing

Thank you Wayne.

The only dumb question is the one not asked. 

After two full time years in this industry, and after multiple training courses from a variety of organisations including the NCCA, IICRC, WoolSafe, CleanSmart and others, I still have questions, and seek the opinions of more experienced carpet cleaners than myself.

Also, after two years, I can now generally spot the BS, wind-ups and deliberate miss-information that is sometimes presented on these forums.

Senior NCCA membership requires a commitment to ongoing training.  Things change in every industry.  As professionals we should commit to keeping up with best practices.  Time served is not necessarily the Holy Grail of expert carpet cleaning.

David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2014, 11:25:08 am »
Peter,
I've got lots of respect for you, but I don't think slamming into Dave like that is fair, or indeed, called for given the amount of training he has done and the raw commitment he has shown to doing the job to the very best of his ability.
Take a deep breath, Peter, you were once a lot less experienced than you are today, what you should be doing is applauding people like Dave and encouraging him and others like him, for they are the next generation of professionals that will eventually replace us old timers.

Simon

jon barnes

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2014, 11:45:48 am »
How come you have camping hook up plugs (or industrial Plugs) on the ends of your leads?  :)

At a guess because 16a ceeforms have better water restistance than domestic 13a.Certainly something I would like to have if I kept an electrical machine outside or in the van

*Hector*

« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2014, 11:49:40 am »
Peter,
I've got lots of respect for you, but I don't think slamming into Dave like that is fair, or indeed, called for given the amount of training he has done and the raw commitment he has shown to doing the job to the very best of his ability.
Take a deep breath, Peter, you were once a lot less experienced than you are today, what you should be doing is applauding people like Dave and encouraging him and others like him, for they are the next generation of professionals that will eventually replace us old timers.

Simon

starting to feel your age Simon??

;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2014, 12:10:30 pm »
Peter,

Simon

"The next generation" ?
David's as old as you and me Simon, lol !

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2014, 12:19:05 pm »
Bloody hell!

He'll be ready for retirement then  ;D

Shaun

Jennifer w

« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2014, 03:24:47 pm »
Peter, have you ever done any courses in basic people skills?

Regards

Jen w.

Billy Russell

« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2014, 09:03:12 pm »
Peter is the Victor Meldrew of the carpet cleaning world  ;D

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2014, 09:17:11 pm »

david@zap-clean

« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2014, 07:55:08 am »
"The next generation" ?
David's as old as you and me Simon, lol !

Guilty  :)

I think Simon means 'And the next generation'...

That's one of the reasons why I usually follow-up my posts with the results, I hope it helps others finding similar situations in the future.
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2014, 08:29:42 am »
I did mean 'and' the the next generation. I think David and others that come into this industry, do the training and commit themselves to doing the best job they can, despite their inexperience should be applauded, not berated for not having the one thing you cannot buy - experience.

Simon

elliott cleaning

Re: Nicotine on nylon New
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2014, 08:52:20 pm »
Rarely do I find topics of great interest on this forum - but then that is my problem.
I don't think that Peter is being  particularly unfair in the comments he makes - realistic, yes.   Where I do think he has to make allowances - is that he has to appreciate that many on 'Cleanitup' are relatively new and inexperienced in this business .  Weren't we all at some point in time.?