Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jennifer w

Re: Nicotine on nylon
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2014, 05:10:32 pm »
Sorry to be blunt guys, but why don't you just clean it the best you can.

If they don't like it tell them politely to buy a new carpet.

And suggest they don't smoke in the house when they've purchased one.

P.s. Peter, did you mean training to use hot water in a machine?

Regards

Jen

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2014, 07:28:54 pm »
That Jennifer is what separates the professional carpet cleaner and the general cleaning companies.

Jennifer w

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2014, 07:37:32 pm »
Sorry????

Could you possibly comment without sounding so patronising?

We arnt a general cleaning company.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2014, 07:50:53 pm »
Sorry????

Could you possibly comment without sounding so patronising?

We arnt a general cleaning company.

"And suggest they don't smoke in the house when they've purchased one." that sounds quite patronising to me.

You clean it even though you know its not going to come up well/dont qualify the customer of the results, expect to be paid then tell the customer to buy a new  one if they are not happy? The mind boggles.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2014, 08:15:00 pm »
Jennifer must be on a wind up surely!
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Jennifer w

« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2014, 11:23:29 am »
It's common sense surely guys.....?

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2014, 11:31:24 am »
Jennifer is proving everything right when it comes to my experience of Facilities Management companies.
That's why they all seem to sub-contact, in other words pass it on to the experts!.  ;D

I'm surprised a FM company has knowledge of dealing with domestic customers!
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Jennifer w

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2014, 03:35:56 pm »
But is it not common sense to not waste time on customers that you can't profit from?

And for the record I have a wealth of knowledge in the domestic market, which is why we avoid it.

Surely the game here is to sell them a new one, or put them on to someone who can ,for a commission.

david@zap-clean

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2014, 06:24:42 pm »
only been using heat for 2 weeks and would not benefit from training??
Peter

Peter, you'll have to explain, what are you saying?
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

peter maybury

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2014, 03:45:43 am »
david,
you seem a little confused in not understanding the benefits of heat in the first place. How did you identified this as a nylon twist? nylon twist are quite a rarity in the British marketplace. You need to invest in some training in order to gain some insight into the market place you are operating in. you cannot rely on this forum for all the information. The NCCA course will give you unbiased training that will be honest in advising on the best tools, equipment and chemicals for the job. Many of the experienced boys will no longer give out their hard learnt experience because of the cowboys and part timers that look for free advice on this forum.

Peter

david@zap-clean

« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2014, 07:52:07 am »
david,
you seem a little confused in not understanding the benefits of heat in the first place. How did you identified this as a nylon twist? nylon twist are quite a rarity in the British marketplace. You need to invest in some training in order to gain some insight into the market place you are operating in. you cannot rely on this forum for all the information. The NCCA course will give you unbiased training that will be honest in advising on the best tools, equipment and chemicals for the job. Many of the experienced boys will no longer give out their hard learnt experience because of the cowboys and part timers that look for free advice on this forum.

Peter

Hah, thanks for that reply Peter  ;D

I have to say you're right: from reading these forums (both of them) anyone could get confused about the benefits of using heat. There are plenty of 'opinions' saying heat is not necessary, and also that 'some' cleaning suppliers claiming it's not necessary if you use product 'X'.

Simon got it right - there's no short-cut to experience in this industry.  Until then, these forums are a useful resource for newcomers - but sometimes (as in this case) it raises different opinions, which ends up confusing the situation.

David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2014, 08:03:49 am »
The hint is in the name David, HOT water soil extraction ;D

How did you go on with the re-clean?

Simon

david@zap-clean

« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2014, 08:09:59 am »
The hint is in the name David, HOT water soil extraction ;D

How did you go on with the re-clean?

Simon

Booked for Fri AM Simon... watch this space.

The magical wonder solution M-Power doesn't need heat, apparently!
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

Simon Gerrard

ian harper

« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2014, 08:43:06 am »
Guys

You need a detergent that will absorb the positive charge, as anything that's fire related will be positive. The hydrophobic head must be negative or neutral

Download This Guide, Click link then right click and "save as" for a copy on your own computer.

http://www.chelmsford.cleaning-carpet.co.uk/download/All%20you%20need%20to%20know%20about%20detergents.pdf

John Kelly

« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2014, 08:55:14 am »
Thats an excellent link Ian. I would recommend everyone to read it even if it is long winded. It will give you a good understanding of how products work and why you need different chemistry for different soils.

SteveAllan

« Reply #36 on: July 15, 2014, 02:07:36 pm »
Why so anti M power? I use it on certain jobs and it performs well, granted i wouldnt have used it on this but i find for light to med soiling on wool its pretty good.

david@zap-clean

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2014, 12:46:11 pm »
I'm just back from re-treating this carpet using Ultrapac @ 50:1, long dwell time, 230psi (hot) extraction.  This improved the staining, but did not completely clear it - it's about 50% improved.  I even went over the really bad bits with my stair-tool - which pulled out a LOT of carpet!

Anyway, a great learning experience

AND... This particular customer owns an aluminium shipping company, he saw me struggling a little loading on the first visit, so when he knew I was going to re-do the cleaning for free, he made me this fantastic, custom made alu ramp - RESULT!!!!

David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

Mike Gwilliam

« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2014, 05:00:32 pm »
How come you have camping hook up plugs (or industrial Plugs) on the ends of your leads?  :)

david@zap-clean

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2014, 06:49:28 pm »
How come you have camping hook up plugs (or industrial Plugs) on the ends of your leads?  :)

er, dunno, that's what they supplied.  They're reasonably water resistant, and if you damage the main leads they're easier to replace/fix than hard wired ones I suppose.
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com