This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

billozz

rinsing without lifting brush head
« on: April 02, 2006, 05:40:01 pm »
i have heard that it is possibl;e to rinse without lifting the brush head off the glass, can someone tell me if thius is right and how you do it please.
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

poles apart

Re: rinsing without lifting brush head
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2006, 06:08:51 pm »
I never normally rinse with the brush off the glass. Why would you?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 06:16:14 pm »
I tend to take the brush off simply because I have always felt there is less chance of contamination from the bristles causing a "run" down the glass. If I felt confident about it I would rather not lift the brush off to rinse because it's hard work especially at height.

Any observations from other forum members would be most welcome!
It's a game of three halves!

atoddyone

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 09:45:32 pm »
hi have you tryed one of gazza brushes iv just bought 2 of him and you dont have to lift brush from window works a tret  tyr him

H h20

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 09:50:15 pm »
hi have you tryed one of gazza brushes iv just bought 2 of him and you dont have to lift brush from window works a tret  tyr him
Nice one Tony,another great result  ;D,Gaz  ;)

craig jwc

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 09:54:18 pm »
What's different about the brush from Gaz that you don't need to lift it of the glass to rince??

Shine, glasgow!

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 10:39:26 pm »
What's different about the brush from Gaz that you don't need to lift it of the glass to rince??
the bristles are crinkled not staight, therefore they stick together less , therefore hold onto the water and dirt less. vikans are bad at this in my opinion and hence the culture of rinsing off the glass and the naff soaking brush in pure water at the end of the day!!
crinkle cut, crisp results!  :P
ben

atoddyone

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 11:06:43 pm »
look all im saying is geve it a go and you wont look back  8)
there lite to ues and if you wont to rins wiht brush away from windo you can cos it so lite but when you get ues to it and get more confidant you dont have to take brush of 
regards tony  gazza super brush ps gazz is good guy just give him a call

ian m

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2006, 12:02:24 am »
look all im saying is geve it a go and you wont look back  8)
there lite to ues and if you wont to rins wiht brush away from windo you can cos it so lite but when you get ues to it and get more confidant you dont have to take brush of 
regards tony  gazza super brush ps gazz is good guy just give him a call

I think its time we got some translation software!!!

jokes aside

I recently became a convert to the single filament brush, ie not vikan. I have found that I dont lift the brush off the glass using a salmon autobrush, I also am down to about 1 litre per minute as well so definitely better all round. suggest you all read this:
http://www.window-tools.com/window-cleaning-issues/2006/02/water-fed-pole-brushes.html
I know you are out there....... I can hear you breathing

billozz

« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2006, 07:55:02 pm »
Nice one Tony,another great result  ;D,Gaz  ;)

gaz can you let me know what type of brushes you sell prices etc, are they salmon, or similare'mail me if you like

absdist@aol.com

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 08:16:15 pm »
What's wrong with rinsing twice; once with the brush on the glass, once with the brush off?

Belts and braces and all that?

Sometimes I'll rinse three times. 

Draw down, bristles on the glass.
Zig-zag down the glass, bristles just touching the glass.
Zig-zag down the glass, bristles not touching the glass.

I think it depends what the glass is like (sheeting or beading), and how much time I've spent scrubbing; depends on how 'fannyish' I am with the rinsing.

Oh, and how fussy I think the customer is too!

poles apart

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 09:37:20 pm »
What's wrong with rinsing twice; once with the brush on the glass, once with the brush off?

Time and water! ::)

stevekennedy

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 06:14:37 pm »
We use Ionics brushes which claim not to hold on to the dirt. We rinse ON the glass and have had no problems

billozz

« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2006, 07:57:17 pm »
I never normally rinse with the brush off the glass. Why would you?

so what do you do differently when your'e rinsing to when your washing the glass

Mr. S

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2006, 10:06:04 pm »
Read Peters post and am unsure!

When Ionics came and did a demo the guy rinsed with brush on the glass. OK it was a first clean, but when I returned when dry and the "SALESPERSON" gone there were what seemed to me "Brush marks and dots". Surely a rinse off the glass would alleviate this.

I do use Ionics brushes, also a Vikan as a spare(not used), and am on my first cleans, rinsing with brush off the glass, maybe this is essential for first few cleans, then on fourth or fifth clean rinse with brush on glass!

Comments please, as it is a bind rinsing this way, done 1st clean on 3 storey house today, hard work!

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2006, 07:49:25 am »
Despite the sales patter of some companys, you will never be able to garuantee a perfect result if you rinse with your brush on the glass, this is true whatever brush you are using.

We have been WFP'ing for 5 years and have found that in order to ensure a spot free finish every time you need to rinse 'off' the glass. This is particularly important if you are cleaning windows on the 3rd storey or higher where it is harder to see the result.

What we do on high stuff if our arms are feeling the 'burn' is to rest the edge of the brush on the pane and rinse across the window.

Alex

brett walker

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2006, 08:24:54 am »
It would be good if one of the wfp more experienced could make a small video clip showing how to clean the window and then rinse properly

It would be a great help to beginners

such as us that have been doing it a few months we are now debating on rinsing but Alexg's post makes perfect sense

Brett

Morph

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2006, 08:31:25 am »
I've only been wfp since October 05.  Generally I agree with the experienced AlexG here, but some of my jobs, I am finding, are now pretty clean when i go back the next time, so I don't worry about rinsing off.   My rule is becoming, if you can see the dirt/dust on the window before you start, then they will need a proper rinse off.
Remember: rinse, rinse, rinse.

billozz

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2006, 02:30:46 pm »
It would be good if one of the wfp more experienced could make a small video clip showing how to clean the window and then rinse properly

It would be a great help to beginners

such as us that have been doing it a few months we are now debating on rinsing but Alexg's post makes perfect sense

Brett

brett, i have already asked for this in the past. alexg has said he will do just that, so hopefully we should have something to guide us wfp newbies in a little while, have to give him a bit of time tho, after all he has just become a dad.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2006, 03:13:58 pm »
Thanks Bill for the reminder.

I will try to take a clip vid on Monday whilst at work. And post it on my Website with a link from this thread.

Alex
(Father of 6)