Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Adrian Walton

Re: Boosted Enforcer ...
« Reply #60 on: May 30, 2014, 05:29:43 pm »
Did you fit another ball cage to the second port or just run it without one.

Just the one cage  ,  i may fit the second one , there is room and can be easily done .
The port is about an inch above the cutoff point of the main cage so you might be alerted by the change of tone or airflow , but perhaps not if you were a good distance away  . Might be good to fit the cage .
A good APO might be another project at some stage also .
I think i remember seeing a pump out hose at Ashbys that connected to the dump valve, a hose with a sort of ball cage  that they used with the remote control electric plugs so when you turn it off the machine empties.

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #61 on: May 30, 2014, 07:08:36 pm »
A scorpion or any porty for that matter with 10 vacs wont match a truck mount, 5 vacs was a late April fools right?

Glynn

« Reply #62 on: May 30, 2014, 09:37:29 pm »
This is laughable......
Regards
Glynn

john martin

« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2014, 10:05:39 pm »

Backlash of the TM guys ?  ;D

Anyone who felt the Escape  ...  did not laugh
  It might not have impressed all  , but i dont  think anyone laughed  ?

dan paton

« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2014, 10:20:09 pm »
john in the booster box what is the black plastic thing on the exhaust hose ?

john martin

« Reply #65 on: May 30, 2014, 10:27:32 pm »
john in the booster box what is the black plastic thing on the exhaust hose ?

I got a box of stuff from the states and included a pair of Mytee silencers  , they were pretty inexpensive . One is in the booster and the other is on the back of the Enforcer ( removable )   .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jf7qyIvi_O0

dan paton

« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2014, 10:36:04 pm »
cheers john . Just been looking at them online. Yes they are cheap

stuart_clark

« Reply #67 on: May 31, 2014, 12:08:00 pm »
No it wasn't a joke, I am always looming for extra vacume and if thats in the form of another two portable motors then why not? Probably not somthing I woukd use all the time but definitely will be used from time to time

stuart

john martin

« Reply #68 on: May 31, 2014, 02:22:12 pm »
Stuart , im certainty not saying dont do five parallel , who knows could be very good but some considerations might include the issues that may arise from extra airfow turbulence in the waste tank .

Also , you will not increase your lift with that method past what u have (10hg)
The extra lift is why some think the series /parallel 4vac setup gets close to a TM feel powerwise as it has both highish airflow and lift .

Other options for you ?  you could put three 4.5 amp two stages one one cord and connect each to the exhausts of your motors . Should raise your suction to around 15hg .
Or use two 1400w three stages in a booster and connect to two of your motors exhausts ... your third internal vac could be switched off and as it has  a one way valve it would not put a hole in the vac system when off .
You then would have the option of running three parallel or four series/parallel

something like this ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVIBnuq50h4

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #69 on: June 15, 2014, 05:59:23 pm »
John - i am making my own booster box - its the wiring i am a little worried about - did you just earth to the frames on the motors?

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2014, 06:09:19 pm »
Glynn was right

john martin

« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2014, 06:58:31 pm »
John - i am making my own booster box - its the wiring i am a little worried about - did you just earth to the frames on the motors?

Yes ..   there might be small screw hole on the motor part of the frame for conveniently attaching the earth . 

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2014, 07:13:49 pm »
One thing I may add, when your 4 motors are at full capacity or at full scream when you have a tm that then goes into it's next gear it just pulls harder.

Shaun

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2014, 07:32:23 pm »
Thanks John, will have a play - I know a sparky so will get it checked over when its done. Have you used your Enforcer on jobs now?

john martin

« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2014, 08:17:37 pm »
One thing I may add, when your 4 motors are at full capacity or at full scream when you have a tm that then goes into it's next gear it just pulls harder.

Shaun

I dont doubt a large TM is more powerful  .  The point with four vacs is just to raise performance  . However many that have used the Mytee escape have compare it to an entry TM performance wise . And it measures well also . If you attach a set of gauges to an ETM or a TM the gauges dont know whats connected to them ... they just measure what there .

john martin

« Reply #75 on: June 15, 2014, 08:24:45 pm »
Thanks John, will have a play - I know a sparky so will get it checked over when its done. Have you used your Enforcer on jobs now?

Yes , but actually dont have a lot of hose  ::)roll   50 of 2" and  50 1 1/5 "
 I have ordered more  2"  and when it arrives il use the booster more .

My Enforcer with the upgraded 1600w motors is working well  at 50' 2" direct to the wand ... so im ditching the 1 1/2 .
I might do a Russ chadd style video when have it working at full stretch .

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #76 on: June 15, 2014, 09:24:47 pm »
yea a video would be good with the booster added as well

stuart_clark

« Reply #77 on: June 16, 2014, 06:54:54 pm »
John
do you reckon you could squeeze an 8.4 motor into that stanley tool box of yours ? Bye itself of course!

Stuart

john martin

« Reply #78 on: June 16, 2014, 07:52:12 pm »
John
do you reckon you could squeeze an 8.4 motor into that stanley tool box of yours ? Bye itself of course!

Stuart

you have about 9x11 inches to play with in the toolbox  ... should fit .

Heres the dimensions.

http://dev.ametekfsm.com/Bulletins/122176-18.pdf

You would have to make a mounting plate of sorts ... like this

http://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=68&products_id=5098

Where you putting that  ...   there might be other options . In parallel the 8.4 wont raise your system lift . Might as well just use the cheaper 6.6 .
Other option is a trailing twin vac booster attached to the exhausts .  Two 6.6 on one cord perhaps .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #79 on: June 16, 2014, 10:26:03 pm »
When the wand locks on the carpet you'll know which one is a tm, I remember having a simular conversation with Dave Ingram he showed me in lay mans terms how it worked although wand technique comes into play as well.

Shaun