Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CleanerCarpets

Re: Boosted Enforcer ...
« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2014, 10:42:07 pm »
John - how many motors can you have in series? Instead of cutting into the dirty tank could I attach the booster box hose to the exhaust of the 2 vac motors already in series in the machine? I think the old ninja I have has 2x 2 stage vacs in it. Or best chopping into the tank?

john martin

« Reply #81 on: June 16, 2014, 10:58:54 pm »
John - how many motors can you have in series? Instead of cutting into the dirty tank could I attach the booster box hose to the exhaust of the 2 vac motors already in series in the machine? I think the old ninja I have has 2x 2 stage vacs in it. Or best chopping into the tank?

I think Ashbys have been doing that for years , they sell a booster for that specific purpose .  I know little about it though , perhaps someone here has tried that setup .
I have even seen some guy post a message on their FB page saying hes using it like that with the enforcer .I'd say it is a pretty inefficient use of motors though .

I think you would be best replacing the two stage motors with the current Ashbys  HD / SD electro setup ...   not only increased lift but the extra little bit of cfm makes a difference in series .

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #82 on: June 16, 2014, 11:24:22 pm »
wouldnt i be better leaving the 2 motors in the machine alone and use the booster box plumbed into the dirty tank via a new hole and then have 4 vacs and 2 leads?

john martin

« Reply #83 on: June 16, 2014, 11:36:38 pm »
wouldnt i be better leaving the 2 motors in the machine alone and use the booster box plumbed into the dirty tank via a new hole and then have 4 vacs and 2 leads?

Yes ... but two two stages are not a great starting point as performance will be poor and also they will lower the overall lift to whatever they currently produce ...
But any four vac setup will be a good improvement .

stuart_clark

« Reply #84 on: June 17, 2014, 07:17:01 am »
John

I was going to settle for one motor in the box snd my mate has obtained a tee piece to go in the side of the Scorpy so they would be no further cutting into the waste tank,
so at the end of the day its a case of which motor do I put in the box ? What will give me more cfms at the wand ?

Stuart

john martin

« Reply #85 on: June 17, 2014, 10:16:17 am »
John

I was going to settle for one motor in the box snd my mate has obtained a tee piece to go in the side of the Scorpy so they would be no further cutting into the waste tank,
so at the end of the day its a case of which motor do I put in the box ? What will give me more cfms at the wand ?

Stuart

Thats worth a try ...    although its one waste tank i would not want any more air turbulence inside .
I think it would be more interesting to raise your suction (lift )  which will ultimately increase your cfm when the wand is on the carpet anyway .
Without internal mods , you could have a longer flexible hose which attaches from the side motor  port to one of the rear exhausts ....  then attach your single motor in a box to other exhaust .
You could still easily reconfigure it to the four parallel setup u suggested . 
I would use a regular three stage in keeping with other motors .

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #86 on: June 17, 2014, 03:48:39 pm »
Thanks John

I will swap the internal motors at some point, I am just keeping costs down while I play at first!

I can get CZ Ametek 1500 motors 3 stage for 30quid plus VAT so with 2 of them for the box I will get a much better back up machine and then a great back up machine when I swap the internal motors for 3 stage and upgrade the pump

Ian_

« Reply #87 on: June 18, 2014, 12:48:02 pm »
Hi

Quick question I have seen this can have a pump up to 600 psi can any one please tell me if it is worth it I have been away from scene a long time so any advice is most welcome  thank you  Ian

john martin

« Reply #88 on: June 18, 2014, 07:32:35 pm »
Hi

Quick question I have seen this can have a pump up to 600 psi can any one please tell me if it is worth it I have been away from scene a long time so any advice is most welcome  thank you  Ian

are you talking about the Enforcer in general  ...   

If you select the 600psi pump insted of the 400psi i think you might have to select a slightly lower spec pair of vacuums to stay on one cord and have your heater on cord two .  But you might want to clarify that with Ashbys .
I cant think why someone would need a 600 insted of 400 though , just stick with the 400psi and better vacuum system .
Its a pretty good choice machine in general though  ....  also consider Alltec or Airflex high spec machines .

Ian_

« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2014, 08:28:07 pm »
Thank you very much I will look at those as well

JandS

« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2014, 08:33:13 pm »
Just turn the heater off when running and back on when not.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

john martin

« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2014, 09:51:23 pm »
Just turn the heater off when running and back on when not.

What im saying is Ashbys wont sell you a machine that exceeds 13amps on one cord .
They will select a lower power vac system if you select the 600psi .

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #92 on: June 18, 2014, 10:00:59 pm »
Though I have a 600 psi pump on my Airflex i've never found it necessary to go above 300 and often stick around 200-250. 400 is ample and you would probably be ok with 200 most of the time

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2014, 10:20:54 pm »
Simon

I thought the idea of 600psi was to do hard floors, but then I have heard machines do not hold enough water to do this. But I do know as I have never turned up at
Alltec Open Day when they have been demonstrating hard floor cleaning with a portable. Apart from using a Rotovac on a small square

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #94 on: June 20, 2014, 02:52:25 am »
Simon

I thought the idea of 600psi was to do hard floors, but then I have heard machines do not hold enough water to do this. But I do know as I have never turned up at
Alltec Open Day when they have been demonstrating hard floor cleaning with a portable. Apart from using a Rotovac on a small square

That's the general idea but I would suggest even at 600 psi it would entry level floor cleaning. The question was was it worth getting a 600 psi for carpet cleaning, my opinion not really. I've always felt that by running a pump below it's capacity means the pump is hardly working at the pressures I use so hopefully it increases it's longevity. There was a Speedster with a 1200 psi pump and I think an auto feed for fresh water, it might have had a separate pump for carpet cleaning and a pump out but can't recall the exact specs. Alltec did one too and Cleansmart would certainly put one in the Airflex if you wanted.

Richard Cole

« Reply #95 on: June 20, 2014, 07:45:46 am »
Simon I thought you had the Storm, which is 800 psi not 600 :)
former carpet cleaner, now retired!

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #96 on: June 20, 2014, 11:08:26 am »
Simon

With regard to hard floor cleaning it is much better to use a floor wand to rinse the floor and collect any slurry rather than relying on the pressure to do the cleaning. If you want to use a spinner tool you need 400-500psi just to get the thing to spin and it doesn't pick up as well as a floor squeegee and you are right that there isnt enough water in the tank unless you have auto feed and dump(whilst still running vacs) a 1000-1200psi machine at full tilt with a spinner will empty a portable in 5-10 minutes.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #97 on: June 21, 2014, 12:33:42 am »
Simon I thought you had the Storm, which is 800 psi not 600

I can have what I want ;D stuck with a 600 which was in my Turbo.

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #98 on: June 21, 2014, 01:08:35 pm »
yeah you can have any size pump put into your airflex's. makes them cheaper if you go smaller psi.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #99 on: June 24, 2014, 11:10:55 am »
Re Hard Floors when Alltec first started selling tools Steve Saunders suggested it would be possible to use a Karcher  for the preasure and then use  Carpet Cleaning Equipment for cleaning up. I believe that Karchers can work off a wheelie bin filled with water if required. Strange it was about 10 years ago but I have not heard of anyone using this method apart from Russ who had a hot pressure washer to promote