Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Mess

Re: Cleaning spot LTD
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2014, 06:30:48 pm »
Purchased this
http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/window_cleaning_Metal_hose_reel.html
 near bottom, red with hose ref hrm700 6
 Great price I thought. Came today. Assembled it, then I realised it was rubbish plastic wheels. Checked add and it says LARGE RUBBER WHEELS. Not happy.
Anyone else had an issue

What are you talking about?, as bungle says, the advert states plastic wheels, not rubber. Also, NONE of the wheeled reels on that page have rubber wheels ??? ::)roll

I have been using cleaning spot for years and never had any problems with service.

J.D

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 06:32:52 pm »
Duncan was correct. It stated Rubber wheels, not plastic!     Big difference......

The seller has since changed the wording, the sneaky so and so!  >:(

rosskesava

« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2014, 06:35:23 pm »
It definitely did state rubber wheels yesterday.
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

p1w1

« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2014, 07:02:12 pm »
Duncan was correct. It stated Rubber wheels, not plastic!     Big difference......

The seller has since changed the wording, the sneaky so and so!  >:(
thats the french for ya  ;D
although they may have changed it after someone told them to, as to stop the same mistake happening again

wightsurf

« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2014, 10:51:01 pm »
If you ordered this on the internet you can use the long distance sales act, so just return it for a refund as long as its not used.

PoleKing

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2014, 10:52:18 pm »

The seller has since changed the wording, the sneaky so and so!  >:(
thats the french for ya  ;D
although they may have changed it after someone told them to, as to stop the same mistake happening again

If that's true, that's really dirty.
They lurk here, no?
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

davids3511

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2014, 11:19:16 pm »
In case the cache refreshes

ben M

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2014, 11:30:03 pm »
rubber wheels or plastic wheels, it doesn't matter anyway, the hose reel is rubbish!

duncan h

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2014, 07:23:40 am »
Yes it is rubbish. I wasn't to know. I did a screen shot also.

Carl2009

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2014, 07:43:30 am »
To be honest I've used Cleaning Spot numerous times and have always found them to be great. I'd use them again. Maybe it's not a deliberate mis-description... Why not talk it through with them before returning it to them? You might find out that the manufacturers changed the spec without telling people. My original Pure Freedom hose came with a metal winder handle; a replacement after 5 years came with a plastic one that promptly broke. Things do change. I see it's sold as having a metal handle again now.

Good luck.

duncan h

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2014, 11:36:11 am »
Purchased this
http://www.cleaningspot.co.uk/acatalog/window_cleaning_Metal_hose_reel.html
 near bottom, red with hose ref hrm700 6
 Great price I thought. Came today. Assembled it, then I realised it was rubbish plastic wheels. Checked add and it says LARGE RUBBER WHEELS. Not happy.
Anyone else had an issue

What are you talking about?, as bungle says, the advert states plastic wheels, not rubber. Also, NONE of the wheeled reels on that page have rubber wheels ??? ::)roll

I have been using cleaning spot for years and never had any problems with service.
Most people don't have problems with company's they have used for years. Its when something goes wrong that you find out who is good and who is bad. They havnt even replied to my emails. Ill phone them now

duncan h

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2014, 11:48:15 am »
Just phoned them. It rang for ages, then a really quiet women answered. Very vague...ermm...ermmm. Asked for my email address etc. She said they were short staffed today and would get someone else to sort it. She didn't do refunds. Asked her for email confirmation. I asked why someone had the time to alter the web site, but not reply to my email...ERRRM...ERRRM, really sorry. Ill get someone to sort it. Ill eat my hat if its  simple refund. I also reminded her that I (we) had a screen shot of old add  ;)

tlwcs

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2014, 11:49:06 am »
I think its really poor that there's been a mistake but instead of coming on here to acknowledge the fact, and sort it here or privately with the o/p, they change the webpage that now makes him look a Dick.
Cleaning Spot, not for me.
Tony

J.D

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2014, 12:23:19 pm »
Couldn't agree more Tony.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2014, 01:34:50 pm »
I think its really poor that there's been a mistake but instead of coming on here to acknowledge the fact

Why on earth should poor old Cedric le Frog be dragged onto here to defend himself or sort out what is a problem between him and a customer?  He shoudn't!

Fair enough yes it should have been sorted more promptly by cleaning spot, but why should he have to do that in public?  Just because some faceless forum person demands it?  I wouldn't if I were him.  

To me this is probably an honest mistake and I'll be very suprised if Cleaning Spot don't give a full refund or sort it out properly some other way.

Let's face it, this forum is full of idiots who don't know what they're talking about, why would any supplier want to come on here and deal with a rabid pack of morons just because they made a mistake?  Newsflash! We all make mistakes, and we are not usually expected to explain ourselves to a group of numpties who don't have anything to do with it when we do.

rosskesava

« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2014, 04:33:46 pm »
Generally it's not the mistake that is the problem, it's how it get corrected or sorted out.

CIU members, whether they are idiots and morons or not, are perfectly entitled to air their views on a forum.

Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.

tlwcs

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2014, 05:11:21 pm »
I think its really poor that there's been a mistake but instead of coming on here to acknowledge the fact

Why on earth should poor old Cedric le Frog be dragged onto here to defend himself or sort out what is a problem between him and a customer?  He shoudn't!

Fair enough yes it should have been sorted more promptly by cleaning spot, but why should he have to do that in public?  Just because some faceless forum person demands it?  I wouldn't if I were him.  

To me this is probably an honest mistake and I'll be very suprised if Cleaning Spot don't give a full refund or sort it out properly some other way.

Let's face it, this forum is full of idiots who don't know what they're talking about, why would any supplier want to come on here and deal with a rabid pack of morons just because they made a mistake?  Newsflash! We all make mistakes, and we are not usually expected to explain ourselves to a group of numpties who don't have anything to do with it when we do.

Yes we all make mistakes.
The point to me is they will be aware or made aware of this this thread and wether they choose to deal with the o/p problem publicly or privately is their business.
The point for me is if they had have come on and explained it was a typo and it had now been changed, would have said a lot more about their customer service.
Justy my opinion but if it makes me seem an idiot, so be it.
Tony

duncan h

« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2014, 05:21:55 pm »

If all you are going to do, is slag forum members off. Keep your big gob shut.
 In my original post, all I was doing was asking if anybody had good or bad issues with the company. Obviously they didn't intend to miss lead people. The part that wound people up was how they dealt with it. No matter what company it is. What they sell etc. People in general want good after service. Its not all about the price of goods. This is why we use Gardiner and Aqua Dapter etc. Good CS. If we don't spread the good or bad word, then they all become the same. Arn't we allowed to voice our opinion

duncan h

« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2014, 05:45:16 pm »
Update. Got an email saying they will refund me for the reel or reel and hose and to notify them when ready to collect. We will see