Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Deep Cleaning Solutions

Why is this site so slow - Updates coming soon!
« on: May 14, 2014, 11:59:26 am »
I have about 20 favourite websites that I use everyday and this and another site are so slow and sometimes takes an age to load the home page and other pages and sometimes when I type a longish post it crashes when I click post so I type them on my computer and paste or just don't bother. They other slow site I mentioned has changing gif adverts like this and I'm thinking maybe that's the main problem.

It's not my laptop as I have the same problem on other laptops/computers and it's the same when I have tried it on other peoples ip address. This problem is intermittent.

It's really frustrating  >:(
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

Forum Admin

Re: Why is this site so so slow!
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 02:02:37 pm »
I'm really sorry to hear of your problems your having. On all the computers across our offices the speed of the site isn't an issue. The animated gif's we have are all really low sized and certainly shouldn't effect the loading of a page that would be noticable.

We have had feedback before of those with a slow Internet download speed effecting the site speed. You can test your speed here (just click on "start speed test") - http://www.broadbandspeedchecker.co.uk/

Is this at certain times of the day? Within certain sections? Only when posting? Any extra details here you can provide would be great.

Again apologies for the issues you are receiving here.

Darren O

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 02:13:46 pm »
This is the slowest site by a mile i go on either with desktop or laptop and i get between 8-10 meg broadband speed.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 02:42:56 pm »
My speed is always at least 5meg so should be fast enough and I find it fine for most websites.

It's not all of the time but happens more often than not and when it happens pages just do not load or take ages. Sometimes if I press the link or refresh it kicks into action.

This happens on all 4 laptops we have and is the same when I'm on holiday on different ips.
David.

Forum Admin

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 02:46:06 pm »
Thanks for the feedback here - I have passed this on to our development team and await their suggestions here.

I shall keep you updated with any progress and again apologies for the inconvenience here.

If you can provide any extra details or thoughts as this continues please do so.

Thanks,

Mitch.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 02:52:35 pm »
Thanks Mitch, that's what I call service!  :)
David.

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 08:23:13 pm »
This site was always slow, at least since I joined.
I am surprise such a topic has been made after such a long period of time.

Craigp

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 09:29:18 pm »
I have one of the fastest internet speeds in the country at an incredible 75 meg, I can download a 1.5 GB film in 5 mins.

This site is well slow, so lets kill the "its your internet speed"

Anyone got faster than 75 Meg!?  ;D No didn't think so.

Craigp

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2014, 09:32:03 pm »

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 06:42:18 am »
Ha ha, show off!
David.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 08:22:12 am »
I have just been looking at getting faster broadband Craig but their are no fibre optics in my area  :( so I can't get it any faster with sky who I am with or BT.
I can get a very fast package with Virgin who I think use a different cable to sky and BT and someone with Virgin gets 55 mb on my street. Going to have a chat with virgin today.
David.

Craigp

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 08:26:07 am »
5 meg is not bad at all, its quite good compared to many. I have just had firbre put in my area and my speeds are very rare.

It the clean it up site, I think there is something wrong somewhere, its not speed so much, it seems to get stuck and wont load pages. I'm same as you deep, it's only this site. On both PC and laptop.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 09:34:57 am »
I have just ordered Virgin Media, up to 152mb, so nothing should be slow at that speed  ;D
David.

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 09:50:00 am »
5 meg is not bad at all, its quite good compared to many. I have just had firbre put in my area and my speeds are very rare.

It the clean it up site, I think there is something wrong somewhere, its not speed so much, it seems to get stuck and wont load pages. I'm same as you deep, it's only this site. On both PC and laptop.
I'm the same ass Craigp.

Speed of 75meg but pages get stuck on loading. But not all the time-thankfully. ;D

Rog
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Forum Admin

« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2014, 09:56:26 am »
Well at least we can disregard the internet speed issues we have been given from our developers.

I believe it's to do with the way the pages are stored and all the data that has to be fetched from the database and then displayed to all our members. It seems some have pages that hang whereas others like ourselves it works just fine.

We don't want intermittent issues for anyone and everyone should be getting the same experience so fingers crossed our developers have a plan and can get this resolved.

The last time we had this issue we upgraded to new soleley dedicated servers and this did improve things, as ever we continue to grow and so to must the software and hardware............

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2014, 11:02:49 am »
I remember when you changed servers and their was an improvement and yes " pages that hang " is the best description of the issue that I have. Thanks for looking into this. Dave.
David.

AJB

« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2014, 07:10:05 pm »
I've got 75 meg as well, and frequently click on a link, then
open another tab on Ct read a topic, by which time the page
on here has opened. It is frustrating.
www.ajbcarpetcleaning.co.uk
At the end of the day a Satisfied Customer is all that counts, They'll come back and so will their friends!!!

« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2014, 10:25:29 pm »
I said this ages ago but no one wanted to listen, hence why I disappeared off here because I got fed up with typing something out only for the site to lock up or time me out etc etc

I have one of the fastest internet speeds in the country at an incredible 75 meg, I can download a 1.5 GB film in 5 mins.

This site is well slow, so lets kill the "its your internet speed"

Anyone got faster than 75 Meg!?  ;D No didn't think so.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2014, 09:31:42 am »
Well ...... Timed out again when about to post, really, really annoying. Yes I could of copied my post from word but why should I. How hard can it be to get a website to run properly!
David.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 09:40:10 am »
Its always been the same and has never been fixed