Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Emil Dinev

Marketing Seminar in Northampton
« on: May 06, 2014, 03:33:53 pm »
Hi chaps, I have booked myself onto this seminar http://goo.gl/CRvZq8
It seems to me a bargain at £125 early bird price. Who else is going?
I have a spare seat on my van heading from RM3 area.
Anyone interested to share travelling costs give me a ring on 07530296742.

Cheers
Emil

Mike Halliday

Re: Marketing Seminar in Northampton
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 07:37:04 pm »
Howard Partridge coming to the UK should be the talking point of the carpet cleaning community!!

£120 for 2 days it's a bargain, I will be buying my ticket this week.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2014, 08:48:06 pm »
Will be there if we can get a sitter for 2 days. fingers crossed.

Billy Russell

neil 47

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2014, 08:06:58 am »
Surely all 3 of you know enough about marketing by now , and isnt howard partridge just selling a system the same as joe polish ?

1 thing I have learnt is Marketing is a full time job if you really want to succeed .
IICRC

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2014, 09:09:37 am »
Mike phill in does a kick up your arse marketing course a few from here have been on it I'd have thought that would be better?

What I think about marketers is that they over sell their services all you need is various systems and stick to it, keep it simple and straight forward ie if you do leaflets get them out regularly, if you do tele marketing make sure you do an allotted amount etc

Shaun

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2014, 10:47:52 am »
Howard is about systemisation as well as marketing, I would be interested in this.

I hope he shows the actual documents and paperwork of  the systems he has in place at his own company, if it's just a big sales pitch for his marketing system I will be peeved off

I might ask on TMF where he post about this course
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

wynne jones

« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 11:36:20 am »
I'm sure anyone, even the most experienced will learn something worthwhile, however to expect a marketing expert to fly over here and not pitch you 'the next level/secret system/inner circle' is a bit naive, in fact he would have less credibility if he didn't.

It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

Hilton

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 12:33:30 pm »
I went to one by Alan Partridge that was quite good.....
 :)
Seriously £125.00, if you get one thing out of it that helps then its money well spent.

Emil Dinev

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2014, 02:18:04 pm »
Right, quite mixed up opinions here, didn't expect any different  ;D
I have secured my place already so if anyone in Greater London or South Essex is interested to share travel costs do ring me 07530296742

Cheers
Emil

Paul Clapham

« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2014, 02:21:36 pm »
HP and JP work in the same way, what they are really good at is "Up selling " ie they want you to buy the next level of their system and then the next level, all he  will talk about is systems, and if you use common business sense you can all figure that out for your self's  or spend £100 on a couple of dozen SME marketing books.

Do you really think he is going to tell you all his "secrets" for £120 .....................he will be "phishing" for people to spend more money, these kind of people are in every industry, I met a lot of them when I worked in the photography industry for 30 years, very clever "sales" ( con ) people from my experience.  ::)roll
This is the season for fine wine, and drunken friends, enjoy this moment, for this moment is your life.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2014, 06:24:38 pm »
I agree with the first part of your post but disagree with the 2nd part.

Hp is here to offer increased sales for you he will offer you some gems of knowledge but he's not going to tell you everything and also he's going to offer you pieces of information so you can automate it as well as proven ads and leaflets used by him with 'on going' support which comes at a monthly cost.

I like the specific marketers for our business like hp and jp there's also those that market for all businesses like Nigel botterill I think Derek west is signed up to his inner circle.

Shaun

Craigp

« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2014, 06:52:47 pm »
Bit cheesy "pop a ballon when you get an 'aha' moment"

LOL
 ;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHY95ICo1sI

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2014, 07:51:29 pm »
Its more of an motivational thing than anything else. Like its been said his goal is to get you on the higher priced course, but that's fair enough he's a salesmen after all.

Personally I'd love to learn some skills from Jordon Belfort https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIHAyoarvZg

derek west

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2014, 08:05:13 pm »
I agree with the first part of your post but disagree with the 2nd part.

Hp is here to offer increased sales for you he will offer you some gems of knowledge but he's not going to tell you everything and also he's going to offer you pieces of information so you can automate it as well as proven ads and leaflets used by him with 'on going' support which comes at a monthly cost.

I like the specific marketers for our business like hp and jp there's also those that market for all businesses like Nigel botterill I think Derek west is signed up to his inner circle.

Shaun

not anymore. tried it and it was good so not knocking it, its just not for me.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 08:33:44 pm »
HP runs one of THE most successful carpet cleaning companies in the world.
For the price of one job and two days out of your business, it's a no brainer.
Instead of moaning about the splash and dash merchants or how the phone isn't ringing, go and listen to someone successful - it doesn't matter if he tries to sell you something, you might learn a few things, like how to sell someone something ;)

adrian marsh

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 09:25:35 pm »

I'll do it Derek, £200 per day ;D Done my own kids now seem to be the go to person for looking after the new grandchild aswell. Although at 4 weeks old he's quite cute, but don't tell anyone I said that. 8)

On marketing experts; I've read the books, heard the tapes, listened to JP stuff (mainly through Robert Saunders), bought JP stuff, seen JP stuff for sale on the forums & ebay &, tbh, I'm about marketing experted out.

I think (but I could be wrong) the best marketing is about motivation. That is motivation of yourself. It can be hard doing the same stuff over and over, even if it is "systemized".

Billy Russell

« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 09:53:00 pm »
i'm just going for the drink and to brag about my little blower!!!!
 ;D

Hilton

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 10:34:00 pm »

I think (but I could be wrong) the best marketing is about motivation. That is motivation of yourself. It can be hard doing the same stuff over and over, even if it is "systemized".

It's all about implementation none of this stuff is any good if you don't put it into action...and see it through

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2014, 10:54:16 pm »
For the educated new starter it's a must for someone who has been doing it for years then you are looking to streamline your existing business or pick up extra nuggets to add to your original business.

But what do I care I'll be doing far more interesting things like shooting zombies.

https://zombiexperience.co.uk

Shaun