Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CleanerCarpets

Re: Marketing Seminar in Northampton
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2014, 06:47:53 pm »
Is Robert Saunders mentoring? he seemed to do a lot of Facebook and stuff at the start but nothing since? just wondered if he is still going?

*Hector*

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2014, 07:35:57 pm »
too busy with his military work and chickens  ;D ;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Mike Halliday

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2014, 07:44:54 am »
I've met Howard Partridge twice before, both times he was trying to sell his marketing system but this was at trade shows so he had paid for a stand so his aim was to sell his stuff.

Even though he was giving me his sales pitch it was still an education, as I stopped at his table he walked up to me and said in quite a robust voice....... "what's the biggest problem your company is facing right now?"  We then spent 5 minutes talking about my business it was obvious he was trying to sell his system but I walked away from him with some valuable information.

I see these 2 days as the same, he might be trying to sell programme but it's impossible to stand and talk for 2 full days without giving out a lot of valuable information.

And like Steve said he does'nt just talk the talk,  he walks the walk..... He runs a multi-million $$$ carpet cleaning business charging very high prices in a country that has a lot of carpet cleaners are doing 50$ 2 or 3 room specials  ( I'm amazed reading TMF how cheap USA carpet cleaners are).
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Dean Haywood

« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2014, 09:43:33 pm »
HP runs one of THE most successful carpet cleaning companies in the world.
For the price of one job and two days out of your business, it's a no brainer.
Instead of moaning about the splash and dash merchants or how the phone isn't ringing, go and listen to someone successful - it doesn't matter if he tries to sell you something, you might learn a few things, like how to sell someone something ;)

Spot on Steve.

In truth Joe Polish and Howard Partridge a very unalike, Joe is mainly about marketing while Howard is complete small business development and growth, obviously with a great knowledge of the cleaning industry.
As has already been said, no matter how experienced you are, you will always pick up something from these events - even in the bar in the evening.

Craigp

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2014, 12:05:32 am »
Mike why are there no one running that sort of operation here? Do we have no Howard Partridges? or is it our high fuel costs, tax, and the fact there isn't the same demand here as many people just never get their carpet cleaned, ect. Maybe emplying people is harder here.. Could he run his operation here?

I don't think its we have no Howard Partridges here, I think its the forces working against us. We are not a business friendly country.

I think we should put him to the real test, try it here.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 07:21:22 pm »
Just seen that Tom Ziglar is also taking part in this training course, looks like it is going to be a good couple of days
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2014, 10:47:32 pm »
Looked to me  to be all about referral marketing  well that is no diffrent from JP stuff if you systemise it

Think HP has a a diffrent Free Room Letter if it was one of his Young Craig had

To get the Free Room you had to have two cleaned but it rattled on like the JP one

I think Alltec are selling this HP system in their Marketing Stuff But it is a good buy I would have gone but my mum is seriously ill

david@zap-clean

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2014, 08:17:50 am »
i'm just going for the drink and to brag about my little blower!!!!
 ;D

Are you in the Hilton Billy?
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

Billy Russell

david@zap-clean

« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2014, 03:57:39 pm »
just to confirm, yes I am David, just booked 3 nights  ;D

3 nights? Do they need their carpets cleaning?
David @ ZapClean
www.zap-clean.com

Dean Haywood

« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2014, 04:21:11 pm »

The things you do to get away from Tanya Billy!!!!!

Billy Russell

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2014, 04:23:02 pm »

3 nights? Do they need their carpets cleaning?

they couldn't afford me  ;D

Jokes aside, I thought about driving up the morning of the event, but its a 2hrs 15mins for me if everything goes smoothly, so will be tired by the afternoon and will miss some of those little nuggets that may be hidden in there somewhere, staying up the night before means I wont have to rush about in the morning I can just get up all refreshed, well that's the plan, also staying the night after means I don't have to rush off to beat the traffic, I can just have a nice relaxing evening  :)

Billy Russell

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2014, 04:24:08 pm »

The things you do to get away from Tanya Billy!!!!!

You know me well Dean  ;)  ;D

garry22

« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2014, 05:09:46 pm »
Jokes aside, I thought about driving up the morning of the event, but its a 2hrs 15mins for me if everything goes smoothly, so will be tired by the afternoon and will miss some of those little nuggets that may be hidden in there somewhere, staying up the night before means I wont have to rush about in the morning I can just get up all refreshed, well that's the plan, also staying the night after means I don't have to rush off to beat the traffic, I can just have a nice relaxing evening  Smiley

How do you get that approach to work Billy?

I find the relaxing evening usually involves one drink, then two etc. The next day, the "clear head" is pounding and the concentration is shot.

I remember having a few with a group of fellow cleaners at the Alltec Extravanganza in 2003. Big mistake.

The only one I remember clearly was a big lad called Steve (was it McNeil?) who had some brilliant stories about things that had happened involving his truckmount. One was about parking on a hill and having the exhaust from the waste tank (effectively) bury a brand new car nearby. Does anyone remember that event?

Jennifer w

« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2014, 06:43:03 pm »
Crikey, that's going back a few years I think I was at that event. Was it the one where they unveiled a guy in what was at best a 10 year old Porsche , to show you how successful you could be if you purchased a certain training course from them?.

There was also a biker type guy with a bandana on (no really), that was showing you how to cut discs out of carpet and replace them with ,er , discs from another carpet..., it looked quite good but I never tried it..

I wish I'd have filmed it actually !!!

Like others have said, a lot of these systems etc are brilliant, but just a case of forcing yourself to implement them.

Regards

Jen

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2014, 11:25:37 pm »
Who was the Guy with the Pony Tail :) :)

Dean Haywood

« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2014, 05:25:44 pm »
Crikey, that's going back a few years I think I was at that event. Was it the one where they unveiled a guy in what was at best a 10 year old Porsche , to show you how successful you could be if you purchased a certain training course from them?.

There was also a biker type guy with a bandana on (no really), that was showing you how to cut discs out of carpet and replace them with ,er , discs from another carpet..., it looked quite good but I never tried it..

I wish I'd have filmed it actually !!!

Like others have said, a lot of these systems etc are brilliant, but just a case of forcing yourself to implement them.

Regards

Jen

The guy with the bandana would probably  have been John Thompson or Pitbull as he is known, he will be at Alltec open day.

Simon Sinclair was the guy with the porsche.