This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

derek mckeon

customers moaning
« on: March 27, 2006, 11:03:10 am »
how long does it take to get customers faith in  wfp i now i am doing a great job because i always go back and look might get the od couple of spotts or runs but you would have to go round having a good look to see them just because they see them wet they panick some of my good priced work i water bottoms but blade them of i ask them tocome and watch  me do them if they want when i blade them off and they come up gleaming it puts thair minds at rest you get the od one ask why cant you do the tops the same and i tell them i will never use a ladder again as long as i am alive to many good people been killed using stupid ladders just trying to make a living they should ban the stupid things long live wfp

gaza

Re: customers moaning
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 11:10:26 am »
II think that I WAS THE 1ST ONE ON HERE TO MENTION BLADING OF BOTTOMS ON 1ST CLEANS 2ND CLEANS ONLY,NOW JUST BLADE  1 WIDTH OF SQEEZEE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE GROUND FLOOR WINDOW WHEN NEARLY DRY.
DOES A LOVELY JUBBLY JOB OH AND WHEN ITSS GOT ONE OF THOSE PLASTIC STRIPS
SEPERARATING THE WINDOW DO JUST ABOVE THAT ONE AT THE BOTTOM ONLY TAKES SECONDS ONE QUICK SWIPE ISS ALL YOU NEED.

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 11:15:18 am »
Hi Derek , you obviously have not yet met SQUEAKY !

Can anybody else hear that can of worms opening  ;D ;D

Im gonna be watching this post for sure !      Rich  P @ F 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

brett walker

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 11:39:28 am »
Hi Derek

you'll never stop customer from moaning wether it be wfp or trad the main thing with them is that they dont like the winows being left wet, because this is something theyve never been used to.  Most people dont like change but everything has to evolve and technology moves on

Dont mention to them about spotting just tell them the windows take about 3 cleans before perfect this allows you to take all the old soap and crap out of the windows and frames, then they wont go looking for spots.

Explain to your customers that every window with wfp gets cleaned with pure clean water not dirty water out of a bucket this helps for me

regards

Brett

gaza

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 12:08:37 pm »
Not very often do I get complains now,but quite often thought I would go to their work place and show them how to do theiir job
and  remove the red light out of their wiindow :-X

just like the mrs"SORRY DARLING I KNEW I WAS BREATHING IN WHEN I SHOULD HAVE BEEN BREATHING OUT"

WHO WAS THE LAST COMPLAINT FROM    YES MY MRS.

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

mark dew

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2006, 01:18:06 pm »
Hiya, am waiting for wfp to arrive today and i'm just wondering if i have done a silly thing by having my only advert stating "guaranteed smear free windows."

I realise it's going to be a long steep learning curve but is it unreasonable to expect to be able to get most windows (with good frames) smear free with wfp?

thanks

mark

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2006, 01:42:50 pm »
You said SMEAR not SPOT free , just rinse well and tell them only if they ask that is , that by the second visit they will be bang on .

Rich  P @ F

mark dew

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2006, 01:54:11 pm »
You said SMEAR not SPOT free , just rinse well and tell them only if they ask that is , that by the second visit they will be bang on .

Rich  P @ F

Yes smear free.
I tell my customers i guarantee my work and to call if not satisfied, so i won't be pointing out any problems.

I'm trying to sell the positives 'cos most of my customers are older / retired types.
But the feedback i've had when explaining pure water will be smear free and ALL the windows can be reached, has been very positive. So far.

cheers

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 02:05:18 pm »
WFP saves lives. Anyone who still uses ladders is surely gambling with their life.

"I've never fallen" ..... yes, but then "Concorde never crashed" ..... not till the first time

If you get a "moaning minny" just tell them how much mess there will be on their patio if you fall ;D

You might lose some money moving to WFP, but you might lose much more otherwise.

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 03:04:09 pm »
I realise it's going to be a long steep learning curve but is it unreasonable to expect to be able to get most windows (with good frames) smear free with wfp?

thanks

mark

Mark,

It's easier than what you think.  Just give everything a thorough scrub and rinse the first time round.  Spend longer than you would have if you used ladders.

I did a well-priced first clean that hadn't been cleaned in over THREE YEARS.  It's a three story refuge or a shelter for the homeless.

I washed every window, concentraing on the frames the first time round.

Then I did it all again, concentrating on the glass the second time around.  It probably would've been quicker to use ladders, (but the windows above the ground floor bays wouldn't have been done; too dodgy), but the windows and frames came up abolutely gleaming.

When it's next due, it'll be at least 50% quicker than using ladders.

Stick with it; don't worry; just take your time and don't rush the first couple of months round.

mark dew

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2006, 02:05:03 am »

thanks

mark

Mark,

It's easier than what you think.  Just give everything a thorough scrub and rinse the first time round.  Spend longer than you would have if you used ladders.

I did a well-priced first clean that hadn't been cleaned in over THREE YEARS.  It's a three story refuge or a shelter for the homeless.

I washed every window, concentraing on the frames the first time round.

Then I did it all again, concentrating on the glass the second time around.  It probably would've been quicker to use ladders, (but the windows above the ground floor bays wouldn't have been done; too dodgy), but the windows and frames came up abolutely gleaming.

When it's next due, it'll be at least 50% quicker than using ladders.

Stick with it; don't worry; just take your time and don't rush the first couple of months round.

Cheers Tosh, spend longer 1st time than with ladders. Will do that and see how they come up.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2006, 08:02:09 am »

Can anybody else hear that can of worms opening  ;D ;D

Im gonna be watching this post for sure !      Rich  P @ F 
;D You gotta laugh...

...they should ban the stupid things long live wfp
What a goon!
They'll be banning your big-water-waster soon...... ;D

Morph

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2006, 10:19:58 am »

Can anybody else hear that can of worms opening ;D ;D

Im gonna be watching this post for sure ! Rich P @ F
;D You gotta laugh...

You don't have to laugh!

...they should ban the stupid things long live wfp
What a goon!
They'll be banning your big-water-waster soon...... ;D
They may ban rubber.
They may ban baths.  (Your even bigger water waster)
They may ban toilet flushes.
They may ban Petrol first!
There may be a general strike!  nobody will want their windows cleaned then.
An asteroid might hit Wales
Bird flu might hit England
A terrorist may kidnap Squeaky's other half, and demand a ransom!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2006, 12:39:39 pm »
A terrorist may kidnap Squeaky's other half, and demand a ransom!
I'd give them the money to keep her! ;D

P @ F

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2006, 02:25:21 pm »
Q for SQUEAKY ......

What if they said the only way we will keep her is if you go WFP ?   ;D ;D

Rich  P @ F

Morph

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2006, 04:38:25 pm »
Q for SQUEAKY ......

What if they said the only way we will keep her is if you go WFP ?   ;D ;D

Rich  P @ F

Mmmm  checkmate...methinks!!!!

derek mckeon

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2006, 05:14:48 pm »
squeky  my name is derek and im no goon you are the goon climing ladders risking your life you wont be able to call anyone a goon  if you slip on some decking like i did i was ina bit of a mess i dont think your family would like it if someone had to tell them you had fell of a ladder save lives get  a wfp

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2006, 05:36:38 pm »
.....you wont be able to call anyone a goon if you slip on some decking like i did i was in a bit of a mess.
Well if you put a ladder up on decking you're asking for trouble. ::)

save lives get a wfp

If I ever feel I'm in any danger (which I haven't for a long time, since I cut out the high or awkward stuff), then I'll start a different business.
I won't stoop to wfp, it's a inferior quality cop-out and it's a load of expensive bother.
I'm certainly not going to because some ladder-fearer tells me so.

I'm not going through all this again.....
If you want to see my justification, see some earlier threads. ;)

Rog.(yawn)

« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2006, 06:01:01 pm »
you are the goon climing ladders risking your life you wont be able to call anyone a goon  if you slip on some decking like i did i was ina bit of a mess

Derek,

Yes, I agree, climbing ladders is a risk to your life.  But that doesn't automatically mean you're a 'goon' (which I guess is a euphamism for 'stupid').

Other factors are involved, such as having the financial ability to pay for a WFP system.

Why also should window cleaners be forced into a new system of work, if they don't want to and fully understand the risks they're undertaking?

We'll be banning the armed forces next.

Morph

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2006, 06:05:57 pm »
Ban the armed forces!