This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

g_griffin

Re: customers moaning
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2006, 06:11:03 pm »
Squeaky,

Are you in favour of wfp for high or awkward jobs?
 It`a a genuine question and not an attempt to try to get you going.
        Sorry, to drag you back in   ;D.

Gerry.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2006, 06:20:53 pm »
Squeaky,

Are you in favour of wfp for high or awkward jobs?
 It`a a genuine question and not an attempt to try to get you going.
        Sorry, to drag you back in   ;D.

Gerry.
Oh of course Gerry.
Just that I don't have that sort of work.

If I had few £100 offices and the like, it would be useful for that no doubt. :)
They're not so fussy as domestic customers either!

A window cleaner I know who doesn't like, doesn't want and laughs every time he picks up wfp'ers work( bit like me!) said the other day it would be useful for office blocks....I couldn't argue with him. :(  ;D

Morph

« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2006, 06:24:24 pm »
Quote from: Squeaky Clean.

...I couldn't argue with him. :( ;D

[quote

You just weren't trying hard enough ;D

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2006, 06:35:18 pm »
I dont know how you pick up ex wfp customers, they must have been realy bad wfp ers.

I have only lost one of mine and that was before i put my brush on a stick on there windows.

It is realy puzzling where all these bad wfp ers are >

Ah got it ,they are all in Chepstow 

Paul Coleman

« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2006, 06:58:08 pm »
I dont know how you pick up ex wfp customers, they must have been realy bad wfp ers.

I have only lost one of mine and that was before i put my brush on a stick on there windows.

It is realy puzzling where all these bad wfp ers are >

Ah got it ,they are all in Chepstow 

Maybe I'm one of them David.  I did have some teething troubles in spite of going on the BWCA course and doing things the way they showed me.  Trouble is, in spite of me informing customers of what is going on, a lot of them expect perfection on the first clean.  Although I have achieved some excellent results on a lot of first cleans, sometimes it just doesn't happen that way.  Take a couple of houses I cleaned today.  They were a bit grotty in places after the first clean apparently.  Today I went back for the second clean and they ended up just fine.  What I think happened (on the first clean) was that all the muck from the top frame ran down.  Although I did do a second circuit of glass only, maybe I should have left a longer time gap to allow all the top frame muck and water to fully come down onto the glass.  Perhaps I should even have done a third circuit of rinse glass only with brush off the glass.  It probably didn't help that the weather was colder then and the water would have taken longer to dry off.
I would guess that around 10% of the customers have either moaned or passed some negative comment (or even cancelled in several cases).
One of them even moaned before I got the hosereel out so I'm not going to count that one   :)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2006, 07:01:05 pm »
well thats one of you lol

Paul Coleman

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2006, 07:09:11 pm »
well thats one of you lol

I'm sure it'll come good David.
It's just taken me a while to adapt.  Being a bit more positive, I could say that around 90% of my customers have either been OK with it or couldn't be bothered to complain   :)  .  One guy even reckoned it was better than squeegeeing (I don't suppose that makes me a lousy squeegeeier does it? - LOL  )

gaza

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2006, 07:32:21 pm »
heard about the irish mafia they kidnapped squeeky with a demand if you dont pay the ransom demand they would send him back 8)

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

P @ F

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2006, 08:41:46 pm »
I dont think its a case of WFP being pants , or the operator for that matter , i have not had a problem since the switch over , about a year .
I really do believe that it boils down to how thorough you were when you were on ladders , i used to pride myself so much on how good i was , i did the frames , even the top edges every time without fail , it stems from my old man ,
"IF A JOBS WORTH DOING , ITS WORTH DOING WELL " type !

And im glad he instilled it into me , ok my earnings were pretty dire off ladders but it has made me think about it in the long run , since day one i have lost no more than 5 customers through bad workmanship , and then i dont think all of them were justified , can of worms time , maybe the people who have probs with the switch were lets just say , a little too quick at the job !

NO OFFENCE MEANT , SO DONT EVEN GET ON THOSE HIGH HORSES  ;D

Rich P @ F 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

billozz

« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2006, 09:26:32 pm »
II think that I WAS THE 1ST ONE ON HERE TO MENTION BLADING OF BOTTOMS ON 1ST CLEANS 2ND CLEANS ONLY,NOW JUST BLADE  1 WIDTH OF SQEEZEE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE GROUND FLOOR WINDOW WHEN NEARLY DRY.
DOES A LOVELY JUBBLY JOB OH AND WHEN ITSS GOT ONE OF THOSE PLASTIC STRIPS
SEPERARATING THE WINDOW DO JUST ABOVE THAT ONE AT THE BOTTOM ONLY TAKES SECONDS ONE QUICK SWIPE ISS ALL YOU NEED.

GAZA

sorry but i cant follow what you mean gaza
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

petetaylor56

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2006, 09:34:35 pm »
 :)been wfp now 1 year lost 1 customer did not like windows left wet and thats on own with 350 customers  ;D
today i be mostly wfp

gaza

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2006, 10:18:19 pm »
BILLOZ: WHEN YOUVE DONE DOWN STAIRS BLADE THEM 1ST AND SECOND CLEAN YOU WILL NOT HAVE ANY SPOTS OR RUNS ONLY TAKES A SECOND AS YOUR WALKING BACK NO NEED TO WIPE DOWN EASIER WAY TO EXPLAIN

GAZA
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

AuRavelling79

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2006, 11:02:52 pm »

Derek,

Yes, I agree, climbing ladders is a risk to your life.  But that doesn't automatically mean you're a 'goon' (which I guess is a euphamism for 'stupid').

To be a goon you had to be Spike Milligan, Harry Secombe or Peter Sellars - and wasn't Michael Bentine? Mind you I think I'm a euphemism for a goon sometimes! ;D
It's a game of three halves!

macc

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2006, 12:22:58 am »

you are the goon climing ladders risking your life you wont be able to call anyone a goon  if you slip on some decking like i did i was ina bit of a mess

sorry mate but i think thats a bit strong, squeaky may be anti WFP but if you could strap him to a pole with BRETTS FLASK & lift him up he would be well away & you wouldnt run out of water.   ;D

marcus hopkins

« Reply #34 on: February 12, 2007, 09:19:43 pm »
Well i know theres always one. but i didnt expect to find you this soon. I am now using WFP after a fall. Luckilly i can still walk enabling me to still work. I have lost no custom at all, and the feedback from my customers is excellent. They are all very happy with the results and comment on their windows staying cleaner for longer. Calm down else the high bloodpressure may hit you when your up that ladder. I'm just thankfull my customers dont feel the way you do.

Marcus

.....you wont be able to call anyone a goon if you slip on some decking like i did i was in a bit of a mess.
Well if you put a ladder up on decking you're asking for trouble. ::)

save lives get a wfp

If I ever feel I'm in any danger (which I haven't for a long time, since I cut out the high or awkward stuff), then I'll start a different business.
I won't stoop to wfp, it's a inferior quality cop-out and it's a load of expensive bother.
I'm certainly not going to because some ladder-fearer tells me so.

I'm not going through all this again.....
If you want to see my justification, see some earlier threads. ;)

Rog.(yawn)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #35 on: February 12, 2007, 09:53:31 pm »
Well i know theres always one. but i didnt expect to find you this soon. I am now using WFP after a fall. Luckilly i can still walk enabling me to still work. I have lost no custom at all, and the feedback from my customers is excellent. They are all very happy with the results and comment on their windows staying cleaner for longer. Calm down else the high bloodpressure may hit you when your up that ladder. I'm just thankfull my customers dont feel the way you do.

Marcus

.....you wont be able to call anyone a goon if you slip on some decking like i did i was in a bit of a mess.
Well if you put a ladder up on decking you're asking for trouble. ::)

save lives get a wfp

If I ever feel I'm in any danger (which I haven't for a long time, since I cut out the high or awkward stuff), then I'll start a different business.
I won't stoop to wfp, it's a inferior quality cop-out and it's a load of expensive bother.
I'm certainly not going to because some ladder-fearer tells me so.

I'm not going through all this again.....
If you want to see my justification, see some earlier threads. ;)

Rog.(yawn)

The thread was 11 months old before you added to it Marcus   :)  .  WFP has become obsolete since this thread started and window cleaners now use jet propelled rocket boots   :)

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #36 on: February 12, 2007, 10:34:01 pm »
 ;D

Bump or what!

mike richardson

« Reply #37 on: February 12, 2007, 10:42:25 pm »
ye but if you use a rocket the customers will complain that you are burning the grass with the jet engine, so its no better than holes in the lawn, ::)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #38 on: February 12, 2007, 10:47:53 pm »
;D

Bump or what!

The funny thing was that I was reading this thread thinking "Oh no.  Here we go again !!" before I realised about the posting dates   :)

rosskesava

Re: customers moaning New
« Reply #39 on: February 12, 2007, 11:51:09 pm »
The funny thing was that I was reading this thread thinking "Oh no.  Here we go again !!" before I realised about the posting dates

I was thinking the same.

I think there needs to be a truce between wfp and trad otherwise it will be 'here we go again'.

Hi Dave (St Seagull)

Although it was posted ages ago:

My experience around Brighton is that most wfp'ers do a bad job. They seem to come and then go. The good ones have plenty of work.......
Just chant..... Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare, Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare. It's beats chanting Tory Tory or Labour Labour.