This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Majestic

Dissapointed with Gardiners
« on: March 20, 2014, 02:25:51 pm »
I am after a new pole and have had them from Gardiners before, but I wanted to ask a question about it before ordering .
I phoned up and got through to someone I asked my question,got a answer.
I asked if I could order it and was told to do it online.
I understand that its easier to order online , but when im actually talking to someone in there office.
So I had to order it via my phone.
I started out with nothing and Ive still got most of it left.

Majestic Window Cleaning
www.majesticwindowcleaning.co.uk

Bill.upnw

Re: Dissapointed with Gardiners
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2014, 02:27:23 pm »
Lol, u seriouse?! Not the internet?! Surely

Richard Shepherd

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2014, 02:45:02 pm »
I am after a new pole and have had them from Gardiners before, but I wanted to ask a question about it before ordering .
I understand that its easier to order online , but when im actually talking to someone in there office.

No offence "Majestic" but get a grip!!!!!

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 02:52:22 pm »

No offence "Majestic" but get a grip!!!!!

+1 ::)roll

Shane O Neill

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2014, 02:55:05 pm »

Mods ban him !! He's spoken Against Gardiners  :-\ or is stoning still allowed ?!

Crystal-clear

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 03:11:05 pm »

Mods ban him !! He's spoken Against Gardiners  :-\ or is stoning still allowed ?!

Lol magestic incase you don't know Gardiner pole systems are Gods they can say what they want and they will still sell thousands of poles ;)

But seriously order it online it will turn up they are busy

H20cleaning

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 03:15:24 pm »
There will always be a fraction of people who want to phone up to order! Just for that peace of mind they are getting what they want.

However i had never ordered a pole from Gardiners until last year and i asked people on here and got plenty of help:) and my pole came with everything i wanted (except a hat wich some lucky devils get) haha

Window Lickers

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 03:35:38 pm »

Oh dear thats atrocious. Thank God (that's me by the way) you had a phone otherwise you would've been forced to order by carrier pigeon and not having any carrier pigeons you would've been even more stumped. The girls on the end of the Gardiner phone lines are always very helpful to me, i always order over the phone. It's a far 'friendlier' experience I find. Cosier. Fun. Interactive. You should try it some time.
Liberace's ex looking to meet well built men for cottaging meets.

robertphil

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 03:35:51 pm »
sheer laziness

Marc Stock

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 04:22:59 pm »
I used to deal with brodex, don't know how many times I had to call them up to chase an order, or sort out some kind of issue they got wrong, only to be met with a bad attitude and snobby response by Sean. ( who doesn't work there now)

Gardiners are truly good, just do the order online and it comes. Products are great, delivery is quick.

wfp master

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 04:27:22 pm »

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 04:42:45 pm »
I'm surprised to hear that.  I've always ordered over the phone without a problem.  I tend to order infrequently but spend a fair bit each time (by sole trader standards).  Maybe their policy has changed.  I need to do things over the phone mainly because I live alone in a flat with a time-locked outer front door.  If a courier arrives after the door is locked, I won't even get the "attempted delivery" card and don't want to potentially lose a full day's money waiting in.  So I pay extra for a pre 10AM delivery and go to work late.  Last time I checked, that wasn't possible to set up with online ordering.  Also, as Alex upgrades the specs on poles and other stuff, it means that specifications can change.  Therefore I need to speak with someone in order to determine which bits fit with other things.  I've ended up with "wrong" bits before sometimes because something changed that I was not aware of.  I put "wrong" in quotes because I did actually find a use for the items anyway.
So I do get why the OP is having a little moan.  Some things just do need telephone service.

Dave Willis

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 04:51:27 pm »
I order by phone if I'm out in the van (no internet access) it is mildly annoying to be told to order online but then I guess they just don't have the staff to man the phones constantly. If it's a techy question that needs answering then I usually wait and ask on here because I don't think Alex is a busy man  ;D

He's normally on here to get out of the washing up I've been reliably informed  ;)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 04:52:46 pm »

Hi Majestic

I am sorry that you have felt disappointed with the service offered by our team today. We are an internet based firm and as such offer the phone lines primarily to support any customer service issues.

We do encourage clients to order online if they are happy doing so as this really streamlines the process for both us and the client - it also ensures the client that the order is 100% accurate in its placement. However if a client is on the phone and does not want to place the order online then we will take the order over the phone if possible at that time.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 04:54:14 pm »
I order by phone if I'm out in the van (no internet access) it is mildly annoying to be told to order online but then I guess they just don't have the staff to man the phones constantly. If it's a techy question that needs answering then I usually wait and ask on here because I don't think Alex is a busy man  ;D

He's normally on here to get out of the washing up I've been reliably informed  ;)

Maybe his wife will buy him a dishwasher :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 05:07:19 pm »

Rude boy  ;D

Soupy

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 05:11:55 pm »
Got to say I agree. I know that the internet is the way forward - more efficient - convenient - blah blah blah. But I prefer to deal with people. For me business is about relationships you build with other people. This cannot be done by clicking on webpages.

robbo333

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 05:13:02 pm »

Hi Majestic

I am sorry that you have felt disappointed with the service offered by our team today. We are an internet based firm and as such offer the phone lines primarily to support any customer service issues.

We do encourage clients to order online if they are happy doing so as this really streamlines the process for both us and the client - it also ensures the client that the order is 100% accurate in its placement. However if a client is on the phone and does not want to place the order online then we will take the order over the phone if possible at that time.

Fair play to Gardiners, it makes sense that something ordered online would be more accurate than a misinterpretation over the phone;
e.g. I quote to a custy on the phone for a 3 bed semi, small conny, 8 weekly "£18"
I get there and it's actually a 4 bed detached, all original leaded windows, a conny the size of a small football stadium and they want a one off!  >:(

So down to the important stuff:
When are the new Xtreme 25s coming in and...
do I get a free cap when I order one?

"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Soupy

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 05:21:32 pm »
Quote from: robbo333
Fair play to Gardiners, it makes sense that something ordered online would be more accurate than a misinterpretation over the phone;

I wholeheartedly disagree with that sentiment. If you are buying something from someone who knows what they are talking about you are far less likely to buy the wrong thing over the phone. Especially if you are not 100% sure what it is that you want/need.

Countless times I have bought incorrect items because I've spotted something online and thought 'that's what I need' only to find it is either massively too big, laughably small or absolutely not what I needed whatsoever. Had I discussed it with a knowledgeable salesperson these mistakes would never have happened.  

robbo333

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 05:28:11 pm »
Quote from: robbo333

I wholeheartedly disagree with that sentiment. If you are buying something from someone who knows what they are talking about you are far less likely to buy the wrong thing over the phone. Especially if you are not 100% sure what it is that you want/need.

Countless times I have bought incorrect items because I've spotted something online and thought 'that's what I need' only to find it is either massively too big, laughably small or absolutely not what I needed whatsoever. Had I discussed it with a knowledgeable salesperson these mistakes would never have happened.  

I see what you are saying but oddly enough i've never had that problem.
When I order something, It's usually correct, but then I do my homework first.  ;)
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"