This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ascjim

Re: Dissapointed with Gardiners
« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2014, 02:10:22 pm »
So. If you had a choice of being paid by Cash or by Cheque what would you want? I personally would want cash and cash EVERY TIME.

So what do you do? ........ You ask for cash every time.

Eventually they will pay cash every time. Because you MADE them pay cash every time previously.

Why would you want to do this?

Because its better for your business.

If you find this hard to grasp I would recommend reading books about business management, marketing and sales.

You either do what the customers say or you take charge.

Soupy

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2014, 02:17:09 pm »
Well if you wanted cash every time you'd lose me as a customer.

Simple fact.

And also, James - Purewash, don't patronise me, thanks.

Forum Admin

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2014, 02:26:03 pm »
Hi Guys,

Many studies have been carried out and I believe that ordering online these days is a LOT safer than giving card details over phone. It's so easy to tap phones/listen in to someones calls and gather info whereas online sales have to go through a rigorous process (behind the scenes) ensuring safety.

Personally for me I feel happier paying online rather than over the phone, this may be personal preference, my background is computer programming so maybe this is why I feel this way!

Soupy

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2014, 02:39:19 pm »
Errr..

I know very little about programming but could - very easily - set up a half decent looking webpage to gather credit card information. Could I spot a fake page? Without doubt. Could my dad spot a fake page? No.

Forum Admin

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2014, 02:48:23 pm »
Ahhh where you're purchasing from is a whole different ball game!

In this particluar instance I would fell happier online, each to their own.

ascjim

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2014, 03:03:57 pm »
Ok bad example. How about collecting vs sending payment?

I have dropped customers because they refused to send payment.  I would not want to spend 30 minutes stuck in traffic going back to collect a payment, I would rather lose that customer and gain another that will send the payment.

But I do collect for big bucks, especially when its a one off job.

Forum Admin

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2014, 03:08:01 pm »
Agree with above, completely different scenario there  ;)

SeanK

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2014, 03:21:02 pm »
Guys you are missing the point, what Majestic is complaining about is the fact he was already on
the phone to Gardiners and they wouldn't process his order.
Its not about what's the best way to buy a product ( online or by phone ) its about a company who
cares that little about making a sale that they are prepared to send him away without buying.
I don't blame him for being miffed.
I would rather give my custom to a company that values it or at least pretends to.

dannymack

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2014, 04:15:32 pm »
You are right Sean. I find it dodgy ordering on line as have had my card details stolen twice !!!! Money taken from our account. Not had that happened over the fone

Also I would like to say Gadiners sales team are first class item arrives next day but it happened to me I foned left name and number they came back to me, they explained what I needed for my item certain part and then said to order online. The sales team should have said I can take your order now but would be processed quicker if you order online your choice.

Alex you could lose orders like this as some may think sod that I don't like ordering online you should be asked if you want to them to take your order now or do you prefer to do online ?

👍👍👍👍🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧👍👍👍👍

Majestic

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2014, 05:21:48 pm »
Hi Guys,

Many studies have been carried out and I believe that ordering online these days is a LOT safer than giving card details over phone. It's so easy to tap phones/listen in to someones calls and gather info whereas online sales have to go through a rigorous process (behind the scenes) ensuring safety.

Personally for me I feel happier paying online rather than over the phone, this may be personal preference, my background is computer programming so maybe this is why I feel this way!

Correct
I have no problem ordering online, but as I was talking to a sales person I thought I could of ordered with her.
I did order via my phone, i ordered a pole but ordered the wrong extension pole (5 instead of 7 ). So I phoned them up told them and guess what they let me pay the extra over the phone.
I started out with nothing and Ive still got most of it left.

Majestic Window Cleaning
www.majesticwindowcleaning.co.uk