This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal-clear

Which van (£6,5k ideal) with vat budget
« on: March 19, 2014, 08:06:45 pm »
For years I wanted a high roof connect 230
When the crunch came I found out that it can't cope with a 650 tank and since I'm looking at keep it for 10 years I feel i better properly invest and have a van with a good 1000-1100kg payload that can take a 650

Here are my requests

No more then 50k miles
Service history
I prefer the smaller kind of van that's why I looked at the connect lwb cos it was the biggest small van and the reason was parking but I'm starting to think an extra foot in length should make a massive difference?

So for £6,5k strictly 50k or less and service history
What's the best buy?

Clever Forum Name

Re: Which van (£6,5k ideal) with vat budget
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 08:15:25 pm »
Is the for a one or two man setup?

Jonny 87

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 08:24:22 pm »
Toyota hiace all the way!

Perfect size for 650 tank. And there bomb proof.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Simon Mess

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 09:25:48 pm »
On autotrader right now there is a swb 3.5t iveco daily. It is a 2008, 53k miles, 1490kg payload, and is £5.5k+vat (£6.6k). They have a 3m wheelbase and a very tight steering lock, so extremely maneuverable (much more so than a transit connect). I used to have one and loved it!. If i could justify a bigger van again (than my transit connect), i would have one again in a shot!.

Sorry, i am a computer Luddite and dont know how to post a link ;D     

cleartech Window Cleaners

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 09:59:06 pm »
I'm just about to sell my silver 57 reg vivaro if your interested? It's fully speedlined by ionics and has covered 44000 genuine miles and has fsh. If you want to see any pictures etc email me at info@cleartechwindowcleaners.co.uk. There would also be no vat to pay.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2014, 01:50:37 am »
Hi I was scared off by all vivarios about a certain year box problem I'm pretty sure it was just on a certain batch,why are you selling it?
How much are you after sounds good as long as van is sound and if its something I want

I forgot to say I live in London and need to stick to regations of emissions

Ivecos are way too big engine of 3.5 just sounds massive
How about dispatch size van or maybe at a push vivario size
Remember till now I wanted a 230 connect

jk999

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 07:56:34 am »
Ive got an 06 vivaro had it 5 and half years now showing 10100 miles never had a gear box prob it was earlier models that suffered , its like driving a car but higher up

Simon Mess

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 08:14:24 am »
Hi I was scared off by all vivarios about a certain year box problem I'm pretty sure it was just on a certain batch,why are you selling it?
How much are you after sounds good as long as van is sound and if its something I want

I forgot to say I live in London and need to stick to regations of emissions

Ivecos are way too big engine of 3.5 just sounds massive
How about dispatch size van or maybe at a push vivario size
Remember till now I wanted a 230 connect

The 3.5t is the gvw not the engine size, it is a 2.3 (116bhp). As for size, i am talking about the swb low roof version, which is about the same size as a swb low roof transit. So not that big really, and as i said, they have an amazing steering lock, like a london taxi, so you wont have any issues regarding maneuverability. A swb vivaro is no smaller than a swb iveco daily (other than in height), in fact the vivaro has a longer wheelbase and much worse steering lock, so you are kind of contradicting yourself!. Remember, all transit size vans are, in swb form, roundabout the same size, so if one is ok, so are the rest. A lot of people on here bang on about vivaro's (+trafic's and primastar's), but personally i would go to the next size up, the movano, master and interstar, as you can get them with higher payload (although, swb versions, like the iveco, are very thin on the ground).

As for payload, there are a lot of opinions on here, but i tend to err on the side of caution, so i would be looking for 1400+kg for a 2 man setup with a 650l tank. Going back to the vivaro and its renault and nissan cousins, they come in 2 gvw versions, 2700kg and 2900kg. Not that long ago there was a topic on here from a guy with one that had a 650l tank, when he went over a weighbridge, the reading was something like 2960kg. If memory serves, he was a solo operator!.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2014, 08:16:46 am »
Not sure about emissions but Hiace 280.  SWB so easy to park, low roof, narrow, bulletproof.

Someone will be along in a moment to tell you that it only does 3mpg.

Vin

Simon Mess

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2014, 08:17:01 am »
Oh, and by the way, not sure what emission rules you need to stick to, but the iveco i mentioned is euro4.

cleartech Window Cleaners

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2014, 08:39:21 am »
My van probably isn't right for you then as it's a lwb. If your looking at a connect it's a big step up. I'm selling as I've just got a new van.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2014, 09:29:48 am »
Cleartec how much are you looking for?
Simon can't find Of those for sale with less then 50k

How frustrating I have till April 5th to get something... Pressure is on

andy east sussex

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2014, 09:41:18 am »
id go for a transporter see whats out there t5 are so nice

Crystal-clear

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2014, 09:53:33 am »
Can't get one for £6.5k can I? Low mileage
Yes this would I think be the size I would like bit bigger then the 230 connect yet smaller then the vivario transit etc and that van has 1100 payload

Simon Mess

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2014, 09:56:08 am »
Cleartec how much are you looking for?
Simon can't find Of those for sale with less then 50k

How frustrating I have till April 5th to get something... Pressure is on

You will struggle to find a low miles iveco, they are hard working vans!. The one i mentioned has 53k miles, which really is barely run in for one of these. My one had 170k when i bought it.....!

As i said, i dont know how to post links, but the seller is JC commercials in a place called Tonbridge, which is not far from London (but a very long way from me, otherwise i might be tempted to go for a look!)

Scrimble

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 10:09:44 am »

Crystal-clear

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 10:16:39 am »
Thanks, keep the vans coming in still need to find one!
Wish that connect had a little bit more payload all these years I thought 650 would be fine

Simon Mess

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2014, 10:25:19 am »
I think you have set yourself a virtually impossible target there mate, a van with enough payload for a 2 man 650l system with less than 50k miles for less than £6.5 inc vat?. Just been having a quick look through autotrader and ebay, and there is virtually nothing (certainly going for the payload i think you need).

That iveco, i know i am biased(!), but seriously, it seems to tick most boxes, and is only just out of your mileage and price range.

Good luck though, and if you find any rocking horse poo while you are looking, you will let me know!  ;D

Crystal-clear

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2014, 10:43:38 am »
Seen that Iveco looks kinda massive?
You might be right too looks like connect just about fits in

How sure is everyone that say a single user on a 230 will be over the limit?
The other option is if the single user would be just under the second person
Could meet at the morning on a large house or few till 100l gets used
So here is the way I'm working it out

£10 fuel 10kg
a 650kg water 650kg
Plastic tank 50kg?
poles battery and usal kit with pumps Ro resin vessel 2 hose reels 50kg?
No ladders no roof rack
Strapped with ankhor points with 2.5tone cables and steal bulkhead so no 50kg cage so lets say 20kg?
User wieght 90kg

875kg
I really want the connect trying to convince myself again
How close am I with my calculation?

Scrimble

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2014, 12:19:33 pm »
a 650l tank will put a connect over the limit, you can try and convince yourself but the weigh bridge will prove you wrong every time

I recommended a doblo maxi because I have one with a proper baffled 600l tank (not a unbaffled molded wydale tank) but as a dedicated every day 2 man van its not enough, mine is used mainly just for myself i only use up to 400l most days but it has 2 pumps and controllers so can be used as a 2 man van when needed which isnt very often

for a proper 2 man van you need 1200kg payload minimum, you should be looking towards a 2900 renault trafic or a fiat scudo with a 1200kg payload,

you say you want to invest in a good van and keep it for a long time, seriously go and buy a brand new one, my local vauxhall garage has vivaros outside for under 12 grand,

again your wasting your time with a transit connect, with a 650l tank full you will be way over the payload,