This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

South Window Cleaning Ltd

Super Max 11 Compared to 47SLX
« on: March 09, 2014, 08:11:44 pm »
Have always used SLX47 find them heavy and very bendy,

so looking at:

Super Max 2,  50ft

could I please have some advice on the difference between slx 47/ super max 50 ie: Rigidness etc

PoleKing

Re: Super Max 11 or Extreme
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 08:15:28 pm »
Not used the supermax but my 30' slx in use feels the same weight as my 47' extreme.
It's epically good the extreme.
No bend. No whip. Feels floaty light.
I like the slx Upto 30' but wouldn't fancy it above that.
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 08:22:03 pm »
The "new" Smax, the Smax-II is high modulus carbon so I would imagine it's quite a different pole to the original (which was basically a longer SLX).

I've no experience with this newer Smax but the Xtreme poles are FANTASTIC!!

GAZZA B

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2014, 08:30:58 pm »
I have the extreme pole, best pole in the world !!

Gazza 

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 08:35:40 pm »
I've got Extreme 25 and I love it,
it is way better than the slx 25,

but was not happy with slx 47.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 08:45:10 pm »
I've got Extreme 25 and I love it,
it is way better than the slx 25,

but was not happy with slx 47.

Once you get to 35ft things start to drastically change with every added foot of length. In theory, adding 10 foot to an excellent 25ft pole like the SLX would seem very do-able, you would "think" it wouldn't make that much difference but in reality the difference it makes is huge! The materials, structure & engineering have to change substantially to combat the different forces being applied to a pole as it gets to 35/40ft & beyond.

After 10 years of WFP now, I don't hesitate to spend money where it really counts, like poles & brushes. It makes such a difference.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2014, 09:40:20 pm »
extreme 47 mate.just buy one and it will last you years and years if you look after it.

i had a supermax 40 and sold it on as it was very bendy for solar panels and velux windows.

the extreme 47 is lighter than the supermax 40 and way more rigid at angles.superb pole.highly recommended.
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2014, 10:22:58 pm »
Guess the question I should of asked is:
How much better is the new super max 50 compared to slx 47 ?

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2014, 07:30:18 am »
Hmmm, how come the SLX isn't high modular yet? Or have I missed something?

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2014, 08:20:18 am »

Probably 'cos it doesn't need to be I suppose & it keeps an excellent pole right in there with the competition-price wise.

There are still probably more buyers not prepared to spend big money on poles than are, gives a good range of choice.

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 07:21:14 pm »
 :)

Dave Willis

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2014, 07:29:47 pm »
I just wondered why a HM version hadn't been produced seeing the Smax used to be almost identical. I suppose the shorter sizes don't warrant it.

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2014, 05:56:00 pm »
I just wondered why a HM version hadn't been produced seeing the Smax used to be almost identical. I suppose the shorter sizes don't warrant it.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2014, 06:04:00 pm »

There is a good reason why the SLX range does not feature the high-modulus carbon as used in the Super-Max range or the even higher modulus carbon as used in the Xtreme and Super-Lite poles - Price

It is important to us to provide high level cleaning solutions that suit everyone's budget.

SLX - Domestic use pole of compact closed dimensions - goes up to 47ft for those that want the cheapest and most compact pole to reach this high for occasional use. SLX47 = £553
Super-Max - Commercial use pole, made with High-Modulus Carbon. Longer closed length, but smaller handle size suitable for more repetitive use on high level work. SAMX50 = £665
Xtreme - The ultimate in light weight/rigidity for both domestic and commercial use suitable for all types of work, but does need more careful maintenance and care regime. XT47 = £899

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2014, 06:26:47 pm »

There is a good reason why the SLX range does not feature the high-modulus carbon as used in the Super-Max range or the even higher modulus carbon as used in the Xtreme and Super-Lite poles - Price

It is important to us to provide high level cleaning solutions that suit everyone's budget.

SLX - Domestic use pole of compact closed dimensions - goes up to 47ft for those that want the cheapest and most compact pole to reach this high for occasional use. SLX47 = £553
Super-Max - Commercial use pole, made with High-Modulus Carbon. Longer closed length, but smaller handle size suitable for more repetitive use on high level work. SAMX50 = £665
Xtreme - The ultimate in light weight/rigidity for both domestic and commercial use suitable for all types of work, but does need more careful maintenance and care regime. XT47 = £899

Thank you Alex

Richard S

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2014, 09:36:36 pm »
Sorry to bring in another to this debate over poles but does anyone use an xline or reachIT pole of similar sizes?

I have used Gardiner poles for several years and I do get the same little issues but that's nothing other than clamps and a simple fix.
I use the superlite 2 which is too soft at big height and it don't do wind!
I love it's lack of weight though, my unger "hulk" is a right old heavyweight at 75% the height it's twice the weight.

the guy at xline reckons he has the best pole on the market  and I have no idea.

I've have handled a few nice 3 story gardiner poles and touching 4 story slx mk1's but not tried anything else.

I am looking for a pole 40ft which must be able to take a good use.

Re: Super Max 11 Compared to 47SLX
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 08:07:07 pm »

Dave Willis

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 08:10:52 pm »
 >:( ::)roll

jonboywalton75

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 11:05:37 pm »
Sorry to bring in another to this debate over poles but does anyone use an xline or reachIT pole of similar sizes?

I have used Gardiner poles for several years and I do get the same little issues but that's nothing other than clamps and a simple fix.
I use the superlite 2 which is too soft at big height and it don't do wind!
I love it's lack of weight though, my unger "hulk" is a right old heavyweight at 75% the height it's twice the weight.

the guy at xline reckons he has the best pole on the market  and I have no idea.

I've have handled a few nice 3 story gardiner poles and touching 4 story slx mk1's but not tried anything else.

I am looking for a pole 40ft which must be able to take a good use.

Reach it Poles are too heavy like for like compared to gardiners

Richard S

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 11:10:17 pm »
What about the xline poles