This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CleanClear

Re: Super Max 11 or Extreme
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 11:57:12 pm »

Reach it Poles are too heavy like for like compared to gardiners

I tried my CLX and my SMAX along side a reach it pole. I found they where similar to be honest. I couldn't give a scientific factual evaluation as we never weighed them etc.. but to be fair i was sporting extreme brushes on the end of my Gardiner poles and the reach its had some sort of heavy type brush on (i can't remember exactly). I prefered the Gardiner poles i had, and the guy who's demo it was was sufficiently minded to go on and buy an extreme Gardiners pole!!
 He posts on here so he may or may not come on and say what made his mind up either way.
I'm not a fan of adding extra sections on to go higher, i believe in having an everyday pole and a high pole. I say this because your everyday pole wears out quick. Well when i say quick, thats all relative. I'm working with a CLX27/CLX22 that are over 3 years old.(maybe older). My SMAX50 is like new as it doesn't come out so often.
  ♠Winp®oClean♠ says along the lines of spend money where it counts, and its hard to argue. But you have to be carefull here, as the Reach It is far more expensive than equivalent SLX/SMAX. Sometimes spending money aint all what its cracked up to be.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

dazmond

Re: Super Max 11 Compared to 47SLX
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2014, 07:09:15 am »
i agree that its better to have a main day to day pole(25 ft is perfect for me) and a separate high pole for solar panels,velux and higher window cleaning work.

the problem is if you scrimp on a higher pole the weight and rigidity become a serious important factor over 25 ft.especially at angles.

the SUPERMAX 40 is heavier and the  bend on it at full stretch at angles means i was catching the pole on gutters and overly straining myself.mine was the old supermax so the new HM might be less bendy.

the extreme 47 on the same work is so much lighter and less bendy so i can clean this work with ease with hardly any strain.
price higher/work harder!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2014, 08:31:16 am »
Reach-it mini 25 1950grams
Slx 25 1340 grams
I think the Reach-it is more expensive.

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2014, 06:33:22 pm »
i agree that its better to have a main day to day pole(25 ft is perfect for me) and a separate high pole for solar panels,velux and higher window cleaning work.

the problem is if you scrimp on a higher pole the weight and rigidity become a serious important factor over 25 ft.especially at angles.

the SUPERMAX 40 is heavier and the  bend on it at full stretch at angles means i was catching the pole on gutters and overly straining myself.mine was the old supermax so the new HM might be less bendy.

the extreme 47 on the same work is so much lighter and less bendy so i can clean this work with ease with hardly any strain.

were with you on this slx 25 for everyday due to hubby being a heavy handed git , and ex47 for anything higher sold all the rest just takeing up room in the van

South Window Cleaning Ltd

« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2014, 06:46:52 pm »
 :)

Richard S

« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2014, 07:39:11 pm »
looks like it's all Gardiner here then!
Bit like my van poles then.
I have gone through quite a few 1's and 2's on my clx's through heavy use only.
Like the 27 bar for it's a tiny bit bendy at full out. Ok for straight ups but not for the long overs.

taking wear into consideration which of the gardiner poles for 4th floor work would you recommend?

windowswashed

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2014, 07:58:32 pm »
Smax is ok but prefer extreme. Not tired using etreme all day on 4st work but feeling tired if using smax all day and you really notice the difference in rigidity 3st upwards, doesn't make much difference on normal houses

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2014, 08:02:18 pm »
looks like it's all Gardiner here then!
Bit like my van poles then.
I have gone through quite a few 1's and 2's on my clx's through heavy use only.
Like the 27 bar for it's a tiny bit bendy at full out. Ok for straight ups but not for the long overs.

taking wear into consideration which of the gardiner poles for 4th floor work would you recommend?

Xtreme, either the 47' or a smaller one with extensions for more usability.

Dave Willis

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2014, 08:25:05 pm »
get what you pay for. Simple really.

CleanClear

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2014, 11:55:24 pm »
get what you pay for. Simple really.

You don't. It's not simple. Gardiners are one of the cheapest, and also probably the best (i'm well aware you have all their gear) . That blows you theory out the water. Hang on, unless you mean you get what you pay for with Gardiners? !!!  ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Dave Willis

« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2014, 06:49:46 am »
That's exactly what I meant  ;)

Buy the Extreme and get the best pole Gardiners make - buy the Supermax and get the second best pole they supply at that length.

Unless of course you have a S2 modular.

However the original post was comparing the Supermax 11 to the SlX which is something most of us have failed to spot. Previously the SLX range finished then the Supermax took over at the longer lengths. Now they offer both poles at similar lengths. I suppose the Smax would be the better pole than the SLX.http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/clx-slx-super-max-telescopic-poles.html

Where's Alex?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2014, 09:20:24 am »
That's exactly what I meant  ;)

Buy the Extreme and get the best pole Gardiners make - buy the Supermax and get the second best pole they supply at that length.

Unless of course you have a S2 modular.

However the original post was comparing the Supermax 11 to the SlX which is something most of us have failed to spot. Previously the SLX range finished then the Supermax took over at the longer lengths. Now they offer both poles at similar lengths. I suppose the Smax would be the better pole than the SLX.http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/clx-slx-super-max-telescopic-poles.html

Where's Alex?

Super-Max 45 is better to use than the SLX47 as long as you do not mind it being 8" longer when closed. It has a smaller handle diameter (by two sections sizes) and is more rigid.

PoleKing

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2014, 12:08:00 pm »
Is the SMax better than the extreme? Or does it sit between SLX & Extreme?
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2014, 12:15:36 pm »

The Xtreme is top dog, the Smax- now being HM carbon is better than the SLX at height. If you're looking at 40ft+ then you really need to be looking at the Xtreme IMO. You will forget about the extra initial cost the very first minute you use it! ;D

You can hoist an Xtreme up from the ground at 40ft complete with wet brush & pole hose, and bring it down the same way! Not actually tried it at the full 47ft yet but I reckon you would be able to. Mind you, I am a mountain of muscle! ;D

PoleKing

« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2014, 12:24:00 pm »

The Xtreme is top dog, the Smax- now being HM carbon is better than the SLX at height. If you're looking at 40ft+ then you really need to be looking at the Xtreme IMO. You will forget about the extra initial cost the very first minute you use it! ;D

You can hoist an Xtreme up from the ground at 40ft complete with wet brush & pole hose, and bring it down the same way! Not actually tried it at the full 47ft yet but I reckon you would be able to. Mind you, I am a mountain of muscle! ;D

Ta.
I've got an Extreme 47' And 6 HS extensions. Bought 10 hoping to do a 100' job I've got but it is too floppy to add the extra 4 sections.
Just that Alex said the SMAX was a 'commercial' pole, got me wondering if it would take extensions to hit the 100'.
Thanks for clearing it up though.

Dave Willis

« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2014, 01:39:36 pm »
Yikes 100 feet  :o rather you than me.

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2014, 01:48:11 pm »

Don't think I'd even consider above 60ft!! :)

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2014, 03:46:21 pm »

Ta.
I've got an Extreme 47' And 6 HS extensions. Bought 10 hoping to do a 100' job I've got but it is too floppy to add the extra 4 sections.
Just that Alex said the SMAX was a 'commercial' pole, got me wondering if it would take extensions to hit the 100'.

Technically you could add HS extensions to the SMAX50 to take it to 100ft. However we would not recommend it above about 65ft.

PoleKing

« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2014, 04:36:05 pm »

Ta.

Technically you could add HS extensions to the SMAX50 to take it to 100ft. However we would not recommend it above about 65ft.

You don't recommend the extreme over 80' so that's clearly the stronger pole...
As technology moves on, in time, the 100' will be available I'm sure. (Expensive though due to lack of demand I'd imagine)

PoleKing

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2014, 04:40:29 pm »

It's not as bad as you may think.
Work at 80' all day long.
A few months ago I was asking if anyone could lend me a HS extension.
Someone did (thank you very much, you know who you are) and that was the experiment to see if I could reach the 100'.
I had enough extensions but it felt too floppy to use higher than 80'. Just as Alex said. (I know...I know) it was just that I needed to see it for myself.
Shame really cause it really is a plum job. Only 17 windows that I can't reach from the ground. Have to harness up and hang out of the window and clean outside from inside.