This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jon_Phelps

Re: New wheels have landed!!
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2014, 11:57:49 am »

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2014, 01:15:42 pm »
i bought one of these back in september. its an enterprise with all the sensors etc, but mines silver with colour coded bumpers with daylights. cost a little more then what you paid but not much more.  i negotiated a good deal with online price comparisons and the dealers matched it.  ive got a 350ltr flat tank in mine. wouldnt want anymore then that as i wouldnt want to put unnecessary stress on the clutch and gearbox.  im thinking of gettigna 350 upright with cage in the next tax year as theres not much space in the back with the flat tank.

finally pulled my finger out and its getting  sign written by the end of the week so i will upload a pic or something.

jon

But what payload is this enterprise model? There are two payloads for the berlingo, one being 625KG, the other 850KG.

dazmond

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2014, 01:47:12 pm »
max tank if its got a 850kg payload is 350L tank IMO.esp as you have an employee.fill up at lunchtime.

nice looking van but i would rather get a bigger van and put a 650L for a 2 man set up.save nipping back home at lunchtime.

my next van with be a vivaro(1100kg payload)with a 500L tank(one man band)which wont be overweight first thing even with all my other gear(heater,gas bottle,reel,pumpbox,ladders,trad gear etc).itll also take another 50L to take me up to 550L(2 barrels)if working a long day.
price higher/work harder!

Spruce

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2014, 02:15:00 pm »
What??? No way a 1000 IBC would fit lol

The van is designed to take a Europallet which is the same size as an IBC tank. In fact, the LWB Berlingo will carry 2 Europallets.  As a Europallet could need a forklift to lift the pallet in and out of the van (the reason why they have rear barn doors as standard instead of a lift up tailgate) then they need to have a higher opening to accommodate the base suitable for the forklift.

Would I put an IBC tank in my van? Never, even although they are transported down the motorway full and stacked on curtainsiders  with ratchet strapping to secure them.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2014, 02:47:54 pm »
max tank if its got a 850kg payload is 350L tank IMO.esp as you have an employee.fill up at lunchtime.

nice looking van but i would rather get a bigger van and put a 650L for a 2 man set up.save nipping back home at lunchtime.

my next van with be a vivaro(1100kg payload)with a 500L tank(one man band)which wont be overweight first thing even with all my other gear(heater,gas bottle,reel,pumpbox,ladders,trad gear etc).itll also take another 50L to take me up to 550L(2 barrels)if working a long day.

I would expect that they could fit a 500 liter tank, frame, 2 hose reels and poles, a leisure battery and a single small light step ladders and be ok with 2 of them with minimal fuel in the tank.

The payload on the L1 850 is infact 876kgs which includes the driver. (Citroen used to allocate 50kgs as the drivers weight). Both James and his worker aren't heavy guys from the photos I remember seeing of them at work.

They do have to remember that if this is an 850 model, then they are governed by the restricted (lower) speed limits for vans over 2000kgs.

Spruce

« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2014, 02:58:37 pm »

Nice looking van.

Where do you process water or is this a job along the way?

dazmond

« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2014, 03:08:00 pm »
the thing is do you want to be really close to the payload?

it increases strain on the clutch and suspension etc and if you ever got pulled first thing you could be overweight.
price higher/work harder!

Jon_Phelps

« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2014, 03:08:48 pm »
My berlingo is the 850kg model.

i had the 800kg vauxhall combo cdti before with all the same kit in, just transfered over to the new van, so i knew it could carry the weight, it could probably carry more even but like i said the previous post i didnt want the van to struggle with the pull.

i had looked at larger vans, vivaro's and a dispatch. not much price difference between what i have and those but decided on a more compact vehicle for ease of parking etc at jobs.  

Jon_Phelps

« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2014, 03:17:49 pm »
" Where do you process water or is this a job along the way?"

i live in a ground floor apartment with limited storage so i have a 4040 ro system set up on one of those removal trollies.  i wheel it out to my outside tap to fill up the van. its not ideal but it does work well as a temporary solution.  when i kitted the back of the van out i insulated as much as i could, so i had thought to install the ro in the back of the van......however im planning on moving in the next year and want a static system and transfer pump. 

having the time to do anything with a growing business is a pain but i'll decide at some point.  these 4040's are so efficient it takes very little time to produce 350litres so theres probably no need for a static tank anyway?

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #49 on: February 15, 2014, 03:45:15 pm »
My Doblo is 740KG payload. One of my customers has a weigh bridge & so I have weighed my van fully loaded. 400ltr tank, ply lined, roof bars, 3.5m double & single pointer, reel, 2 x 11ltr DI vessels, tool box, pole, spares & me. It came in approx 80KG under the limit.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #50 on: February 15, 2014, 05:37:39 pm »
Some people really need to learn to read before posting!

I never said I would fill the dam tank up full did I?!!!

I have been offered an ibc for very cheap compared to buying a 400ltr one.

I said I would never fill it up (only about 400ltr)

Please refrain from commenting unless you actually know the before stated facts... SCRIMBLE!

As for it not fitting, of course it would fit, and it would be safe to do so. In my circumstances having to refill is not an issue as im somewhat of a legend and have built my round so that its in a mile radius of my house.

Jon Phelps - looks quality bud.

Scrimble

« Reply #51 on: February 15, 2014, 05:45:20 pm »

Please refrain from commenting unless you actually know the before stated facts... SCRIMBLE!

i did read your post and if you want 400kg of water sloshing around behind you in a un baffled tank then go ahead i couldnt give 2 flying f***s

and if you cant even afford to buy a 400l tank then maybe you need to sort your legendary round out

you didnt answer my question was the 12000 for the van plus or including vat? or can i assume your small time and not vat registered yet?

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #52 on: February 15, 2014, 05:56:04 pm »

i did read your post and if you want 400kg of water sloshing around behind you in a un baffled tank then go ahead i couldnt give 2 flying f***s

and if you cant even afford to buy a 400l tank then maybe you need to sort your legendary round out

you didnt answer my question was the 12000 for the van plus or including vat? or can i assume your small time and not vat registered yet?

1 - not hard to baffle a tank is it.

2 - Of course I can afford to, but I'd be saving about £110 so why wouldnt I look into it?!

3 - Yes im really really small time...

Frankybadboy

« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2014, 08:21:11 pm »
spruce

a euro pallet is different to a normal size chep pallet  ;)

euro is a rectangle shape
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zWr_J9fi_g8/TUdCrZ45zLI/AAAAAAAAANU/VZyZ8lLCCyg/s1600/EuroPallet_02.JPG

normal chep pallet is more square

http://www.shipleytransport.co.uk/assets/images/cache/99779b353b52995cccf2a6af1ee5bd39389b5522.jpg

ALL 1000LTR IBC COME ON CHEP TYPE PALLETS

some 600lts ones come on the euro type pallet
 ;)

Spruce

« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2014, 07:12:29 pm »
spruce

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_zWr_J9fi_g8/TUdCrZ45zLI/AAAAAAAAANU/VZyZ8lLCCyg/s1600/EuroPallet_02.JPG

http://www.shipleytransport.co.uk/assets/images/cache/99779b353b52995cccf2a6af1ee5bd39389b5522.jpg

;)

Hi Franky

A Euro Pallet in the trade for a small Berlingo type van would be laden to 1 meter high. So including the base of the pallet would give enough space to clear the opening. It would also clear the sides as it is 1 meter wide.

An IBC tank is a meter high plus the 'pallet' it sits on and 1 meter wide, so yes, an IBC tank will fit inside. This was my answer to the statement that an IBC tank wouldn't fit in the back by a poster.

Thinking back, I took the full pallet size as known fact, but I now realise that this isn't the case. Sorry, and thank you for pointing that out.

This has got me wondering. We used to throw this around as a matter of fact when refering to van carrying capacity volume wise thinking it was understood by all, whereas I see now that this may not have been the case.

Mmmmm.

Frankybadboy

« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2014, 08:14:53 pm »
spruce

;)

Hi Franky

A Euro Pallet in the trade for a small Berlingo type van would be laden to 1 meter high. So including the base of the pallet would give enough space to clear the opening. It would also clear the sides as it is 1 meter wide.

An IBC tank is a meter high plus the 'pallet' it sits on and 1 meter wide, so yes, an IBC tank will fit inside. This was my answer to the statement that an IBC tank wouldn't fit in the back by a poster.

Thinking back, I took the full pallet size as known fact, but I now realise that this isn't the case. Sorry, and thank you for pointing that out.

This has got me wondering. We used to throw this around as a matter of fact when refering to van carrying capacity volume wise thinking it was understood by all, whereas I see now that this may not have been the case.

Mmmmm.
spruce

I let you off cause your such a nice guy

but please stand in the corner and type nothing for 24 hrs on a forum ;D ;D ;D ;D

love you spruce

Spruce

« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2014, 08:25:05 pm »
spruce

;)

Hi Franky

Mmmmm.
spruce

I let you off cause your such a nice guy

but please stand in the corner and type nothing for 24 hrs on a forum ;D ;D ;D ;D

love you spruce

;D ;D ;D

windiewasher

« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2014, 11:17:17 pm »
Surely 500 litres ain't enough water for 2 men all day ???

Very nice van though :)
+1
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

dannymack

« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2014, 05:25:50 am »
I personally would have gone for a bigger van, if your thinking of a 2 man set up defo. I've got a new transit custom single set up with a 450 tank on a skid plate and find that I could do with it being a bit bigger as time I get my mower, hedge trimmer, blower petrol can and other bits in on a Friday my van is ram packed and that's a tranny.

Nice looking van but you should look into the future as you may take on gardening or have a gutter vac machine which will take up room

Nice van thou !!!!

PoleKing

« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2014, 07:58:44 pm »
I personally would have gone for a bigger van, if your thinking of a 2 man set up defo. I've got a new transit custom single set up with a 450 tank on a skid plate and find that I could do with it being a bit bigger as time I get my mower, hedge trimmer, blower petrol can and other bits in on a Friday my van is ram packed and that's a tranny.

Nice looking van but you should look into the future as you may take on gardening or have a gutter vac machine which will take up room

Nice van thou !!!!

What's a skid plate Danny?
And what's with the gardening gear?
www.LanesWindowCleaning.com

It's just the internet. Try not to worry.