This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

how much do you charge?(UPVC clean)
« on: October 03, 2013, 04:26:56 pm »
just wondering how much you charge for UPVC cleans on regular window cleaning customers.standard smallish 3 bed semis with no conservatory.

includes soffit/facia/outside gutters,garage door(if they have one) and outside downpipes.im currently charging £50-£60 and they take around an hour to clean then the window price on top.

ive cleaned a fair few this spring and summer.good little add on jobs.i usually hook up to customers outside tap with my 20m of extension hose.sill brush on a resi neck and squirt a bit of virosol on brush or fascia before hand.some think im too expensive so decline but most go for it.it makes their property so much nicer to look at! ;) ;D ;D

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

gary999

Re: how much do you charge?(UPVC clean)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2013, 05:19:30 pm »
same price..no garage doors and downpipes if im in a good mood :)

Fin Clearview

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2013, 05:23:38 pm »
Yep sounds about right with the gable end soffit and facia inc.

JackieW

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2013, 05:26:03 pm »
£30 front
£30 back
no gables

tom20001

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2013, 05:39:02 pm »
Hi Daz

im trad but from ur post do i take it its possible to get a brush that can just coonect up directly to tap?

i wudve thought pressure not high enuf to be effective at gutter height but i take it from ur post it is?

which pole wud be best for a tradder just looking for pole to clean fascias at the mo, i currently powerwash them from a ladder :)

8weekly

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2013, 05:42:06 pm »
Hmmm.. I am too cheap on these then. I hate doing them. I quoted £60 for a 4 bed semi with a full width conny. Fascias above are black. Price accepted by a new custy but I struggle to price these.

I would be happy with a start price of £50 though for a very small semi without a conny so will adopt that.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2013, 05:42:19 pm »
the gable ends only take a few mins so i always include them.also i clean any extension outside gutters and soffits.the whole job.keeps the customers happy.i dont see the point in leaving any upvc uncleaned.obviously if they are really filthy then id charge a bit more than £50-£60. :)

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 05:50:45 pm »
8 weekly i charge £80-£120 for full UPVC cleans on 4 and 5 bedroom houses depending on how dirty they are.

they are harder work but not as bad with extreme pole and radius sill brush.

tom yes you can just connect to customers outside tap if they have one.id say a cheap budget pole like a clx 22 from gardiners would be ok for the job with a radius sill brush.

after a while you can price these jobs up easily and get em down to a good time cleaning wise. ;)

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 05:53:36 pm »
i also always book them in next time i clean their windows so i do the job, then the windows and add the window price to the bill. :)

HampshireWindowCleaning

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2013, 06:00:26 pm »
After doing a few of these too cheap and knocking my bolloks off for what ended up as less money than I earn from windows I now quote these high, i'm not bothered if they decline, in fact I usually hope they decline as i have enough windows to keep me busy anyway. £60 is min for a small house now.

Ian101

« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2013, 06:06:21 pm »
£25 to £35 per side depending on size of house .... if small 2 bedder with just front and rear gutters then £20 a side which takes me about 20 mins in total

deeege

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2013, 06:06:40 pm »
Similar price to you Daz, maybe a little bit more expensive.

Most of our gutter/fascia cleans are 1 offs though, not regular customers and I charge upwards of £100, even for small 3 bed semis. I've only had 2 people this year say no due to price which makes me think I should be increasing my prices for next year.  :)
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2013, 06:19:20 pm »
good prices there danny!maybe im a little soft with my long standing regular customers but im happy with my pricing. ;) :)

bobplum

« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2013, 07:47:47 pm »
i had an enquiry tonight
lady wanted all fascia soffits and conny roof and all windows cleaning one off

i said £65.00, which i thought would be a little under priced then there was...silence
"im guessing you have had a cheaper quote"
"i had a leaflet, last year, £26.00"
" at that price he can come clean mine, were is he now"
"not seen him since last year"
"and your surprised"

we parted on good terms

8weekly

« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2013, 07:50:22 pm »

Most of our gutter/fascia cleans are 1 offs though, not regular customers and I charge upwards of £100, even for small 3 bed semis. I've only had 2 people this year say no due to price which makes me think I should be increasing my prices for next year.  :)
I turn down one off conny/fascias. There are easier ways to make money. If and when I employ........

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2013, 08:25:32 pm »
bob one offs are a different story!if it was a 3 bed semi with conny then id charge at least £120 for all that.i get £60 just for conny roofs on my regular jobs!

say you got the job at £65.i reckon it would take you an hour for the roof and an hour for soffits/facias and outside gutters including set up time then 30 mins for the windows if they ve not been cleaned for ages.so you d get £65 for 2 and a half hours work.i would not be happy with that!ok the soffits/gutters might not take an hour but you ve still got to drive to and from the job.

regards

dazmond

robertphil

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2013, 08:39:18 pm »
took on a new customer who told me the previous fellah did their fascias etc every month along with the windows . iv said will do em every 2nd clean tho i might backpeddle on it  due to the nuisance factor.  iv said 20 quid per side

bobplum

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2013, 08:39:22 pm »
bob one offs are a different story!if it was a 3 bed semi with conny then id charge at least £120 for all that.i get £60 just for conny roofs on my regular jobs!

say you got the job at £65.i reckon it would take you an hour for the roof and an hour for soffits/facias and outside gutters including set up time then 30 mins for the windows if they ve not been cleaned for ages.so you d get £65 for 2 and a half hours work.i would not be happy with that!ok the soffits/gutters might not take an hour but you ve still got to drive to and from the job.

regards

dazmond

totally agree daz and has i said i had under priced it...but £26.00
she will keep on calling people till she gets nearest the £26.00

deeege

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2013, 08:39:44 pm »

I turn down one off conny/fascias. There are easier ways to make money. If and when I employ........

Why refuse them? If you don't really want to do that work, just keep upping your prices until your at a point that they are worth doing. You'd be amazed at what some people are prepared to pay for gutter/conservatory/soffit cleaning.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Paul H

« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2013, 08:41:35 pm »

regards

dazmond

Daz you working on around £30 p/hr or there abouts .... ? Of topic ...

Do you use the same principle on pricing say commercial work depending what it is ...

Would that vary depending on heights / number of floors

Just I've gotta a job that travel time total 1hr (that's there and back) and I recogn initially 3 hours cleaning till you get to grips and no way around site .. So after time that would reduce ...

Just in deliemma to do hour rate or base it on different factors like no of floors etc...

Want to try and price in not out of the job but be realistic too ( and that's not going cheap to get the work)

Off topic but saves me starting a post and it also has fascias etc.. 😄😄 new the minute though lol

Thanks
Paul