This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stephen rooney

someone poaching my work
« on: September 30, 2013, 06:52:41 pm »
does anyone know anyone just starting up in redcar  as they have taken 2 customers off me which really gets me going I know everyone has to start somewhere but they can't just go on someone else's patch.

Richard iSparkle

Re: someone poaching my work
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 06:54:44 pm »
does anyone know anyone just starting up in redcar  as they have taken 2 customers off me which really gets me going I know everyone has to start somewhere but they can't just go on someone else's patch.

it's me.  i've got them  :P
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

suds window service

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 06:55:45 pm »
What's patch?

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 06:56:27 pm »
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

suds window service

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 07:00:12 pm »
It's Middlesbrough. :)

Ian101

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 07:02:49 pm »

why not ?

Ian101

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 07:03:26 pm »
so long as not undercutting you on purpose of course

windiewasher

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 07:04:12 pm »
Sorry but ive got your custys and your not having them back.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

C o z y

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 07:07:33 pm »
"my patch"  ;D ;D ;D
No still don't understand, I must be thick

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 07:09:51 pm »
so you ve lost 2 customers?big deal!!if its because of price then you dont want them sort of customers anyway.if its because your unreliable and do a crap job then see it as a kick up the backside to improve your service and be more professional.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Ian101

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 07:13:22 pm »
so you ve lost 2 customers?big deal!!if its because of price then you dont want them sort of customers anyway.if its because your unreliable and do a crap job then see it as a kick up the backside to improve your service and be more professional.

regards

dazmond

how was the holiday then Daz ... u rearing to go then ?

Paul H

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 07:19:35 pm »

Considering something "your patch" is a bit pathetic ..

What with the internet leaflets and all the other advertising means just cos they are on your "your patch" doesn't mean they've knocked doors undercut etc..

... And if they have guess what .... Nothing you can do about it ... poop as it may sound that's life and that's business ..

I'm with Dazs comments too ..

gary999

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 07:20:02 pm »

regards

dazmond

how was the holiday then Daz ... u rearing to go then ?

i have heared he has been reared!!! :D

manyee

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 07:26:32 pm »
what is it with some windys  ? MY PATCH .......  need to lok up free economy ..........that's business .............. ffs      skae                   my patch ...............grow up                    oh yea forgot tesco cant open shop cos it sainsburys patch lol         idiot

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2013, 08:02:59 pm »

Hi Stephen,

I'm glad to see you used your real name (I presume).  Ignore the unkind comments, most of the people on here are friendly and helpful.

They are right about the 'patch' mentality - no-one owns the exclusive rights to window cleaning (or any other services) in a particular area.  The usual advice in this situation is that if you are doing a good job, you're reliable and professional in your approach then the only customers you will lose are those you didn't need anyway.

Our business covers a huge 'patch' along the North Kent area.  I have been cleaning windows here since the late 1960's so by the 'patch' mentality every window cleaner from Gravesend to Herne Bay and down through Ashford and Maidstone is on 'my patch' - I was here first ;D

We gain customers and we lose customers - that's business.  We do our best and if it doesn't suit everybody then good riddance to the ones who abandon us.

Don't let it upset you.  Do a good job and be satisfied with your efforts, then you will know it's not your fault if some of your customers desert you.

robbo333

« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2013, 08:13:15 pm »

Why did you lose them?
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

tlwcs

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2013, 08:18:07 pm »
Patches' are for cabbages.
He may take a couple but you will replace them.
As they say, it's business.
Tony

Spruce

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2013, 08:25:04 pm »

Hi Stephen,

I'm glad to see you used your real name (I presume).  Ignore the unkind comments, most of the people on here are friendly and helpful.

They are right about the 'patch' mentality - no-one owns the exclusive rights to window cleaning (or any other services) in a particular area.  The usual advice in this situation is that if you are doing a good job, you're reliable and professional in your approach then the only customers you will lose are those you didn't need anyway.

Our business covers a huge 'patch' along the North Kent area.  I have been cleaning windows here since the late 1960's so by the 'patch' mentality every window cleaner from Gravesend to Herne Bay and down through Ashford and Maidstone is on 'my patch' - I was here first ;D

We gain customers and we lose customers - that's business.  We do our best and if it doesn't suit everybody then good riddance to the ones who abandon us.

Don't let it upset you.  Do a good job and be satisfied with your efforts, then you will know it's not your fault if some of your customers desert you.

Nice post Ian.

I can't believe some of the comments posted on here.

The Job centers sometime have a drive to get people off income support and tell them to go and clean windows. They have done that in Guisborough on numerous occassions so they could possibly do it in Redcar as well.

Every now and again Peter's Window Cleaning has a drive to get new customers. They are situated on the Longbeck Trading Estate. They were mainly traditional cleaners but I see more and more WFP vans with Peter's on them. The last time I heard (a couple of months ago) they were doing the fronts of a 3 bed semi for £2.50 and back, front and side for £5.00. They clean 3 to a gang trad, one does upstairs, the other downstairs and the third knocks on the door for payment or writing out slips. They clean windows every 2 weeks and have a massive round in Guisborough, and Brotton areas. I have also seen a van in Redcar, so its logical to conclude they also have rounds there.

Then it could be a retired cleaner looking to top up his pension.

As has been suggested, just ignore them and do your own thing. Clean, cull, canvass. If a customer goes with a cheaper price, then they will leave them as well. Best they go now.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2013, 08:28:00 pm »

regards

dazmond

That's also a good point Daz.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

David Kent @ KentKleen

« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2013, 08:52:42 pm »
Could be any of the 15 window cleaning business's that I know of who work in Redcar! Total number of vans I know of = 21 as one company alone has 7. So take your pick as too which company it is!