This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

ben M

F.A.O Dazmond
« on: August 11, 2013, 10:44:42 am »
Dazmond, you told us in the past that you didn't see the point to spend so much money for a pole (xtreme 25). You said that the slx25 was more than enough, now you have the xtreme, do you think is really worth to spend £300 more for a pole?

Thanks

Ben

windiewasher

Re: F.A.O Dazmond
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 10:50:10 am »
Before that it was a brodex hydra alloy  ;D
I hear the extremes are too brittle.
I like my slx and clxs as i can through them around.
Just get the superlite for big commercials and that really is light and rigid.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

stuart mc

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 10:55:57 am »
if you go back far enough dazmond did not want to go WFP, he reads and learns and changes his mind, that is a good thing, and the answer is obvious, he would not have bought the extreme if he did not think it was worth it

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 10:59:31 am »
Ben if you ve got the money buy one.they make work so easy.they are not as brittle as people make out.

Awesome pole really.awkward windows are a doddle and my slx 22 feels like a lump of lead now!
price higher/work harder!

ben M

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 11:01:15 am »
Before that it was a brodex hydra alloy  ;D
I hear the extremes are too brittle.
I like my slx and clxs as i can through them around.
Just get the superlite for big commercials and that really is light and rigid.
i like my slx25, don't want a fragile pole even if he is lighter, i will probably buy another slx25 and sell my 18 months old slx25 on ebay  ;D

ben M

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 11:02:09 am »
Ben if you ve got the money buy one.they make work so easy.they are not as brittle as people make out.

Awesome pole really.awkward windows are a doddle and my slx 22 feels like a lump of lead now!
thanks for the answer Daz

windiewasher

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2013, 11:02:19 am »
£500 or £600 for a pole is nothing as long as it last a bit.2 or 3 days work to buy one is nothing really.
Its lighter and more rigid than a slx so you can work quicker how much difference is unsure.
But i know a superlite 40 feels half the weight of a supermax 40 so after being on commercials all day you feel fresher,use less water and does a better job.imo
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

ben M

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2013, 11:03:43 am »
if you go back far enough dazmond did not want to go WFP, he reads and learns and changes his mind, that is a good thing, and the answer is obvious, he would not have bought the extreme if he did not think it was worth it
you can buy it and afterwards think it is good but not worth an extra £300!

roundbuilder

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2013, 11:14:13 am »
£500 or £600 for a pole is nothing as long as it last a bit.2 or 3 days work to buy one is nothing really.
Its lighter and more rigid than a slx so you can work quicker how much difference is unsure.
But i know a superlite 40 feels half the weight of a supermax 40 so after being on commercials all day you feel fresher,use less water and does a better job.imo
1 days work according to some on here lol.
I agree though its pennies when you work out the long term benefit and welth it makes.

davids3511

« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2013, 11:25:29 am »
you can buy it and afterwards think it is good but not worth an extra £300!
I've broke two sections and I would still buy an extreme again. You do have to modify (or at least I did) how you clean slightly and I am very careful with costs but I still think it is worth the difference.

s.w.c

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2013, 01:27:48 pm »
I got one of the early extreme, its now old hat but still  got some years left in it, best investment to help reduce injuries and fatigue. 

ben M

« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2013, 02:11:44 pm »
i am looking to try a xtreme 25 near where i live (East Devon) anyone? thanks

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2013, 09:58:19 am »
if your poling 90% of the time as a sole trader then buying extreme poles is a good investment.the difference in how you feel after a days work is staggering.fresher and no aching arms and shoulders.

ive also modified the way i work slightly.im not so forceful in shutting stiff open windows.

its always the awkward windows over connys/extensions and higher than 1 st floor that give you strain and i have a lot of them every month to clean.extreme poles make these windows a doddle.add on work also adds to increased strain but these poles just make them easier.you cant put a price on that.

then theres the higher work.large domestic and commercial work,solar panels on roofs etc so my choice is the extreme 47.

extreme 25 is my main day to day pole allowing me to clean lots of work without changing poles/sections etc and cutting down time on a job.

regards

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

Scrimble

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2013, 11:31:22 am »
get the xtreme 18, best pole you can get

Michael Peterson

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2013, 05:27:05 pm »
would you honestly say the 18 will make your day easier ? i have 18's in clx and slx's and they are so light i feal it couldnt possibly be much easier yet i still toy with the idea of the extreeme what do you think ?

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2013, 05:37:54 pm »
Ive got an SLX 25' as my everyday pole and it is absolutely fine for that purpose. I am considering a 25' extreme, but would only splash that kind of money on an everyday pole if I had run out of other things in my life I might wish for.

The missus moves out soon, I'll be £1000 a month better off then, I might give it a go after that  ;D

MATT BATEMAN (OWC)

« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2013, 05:39:49 pm »
Talking of extreme 25's if you want one for just £10 enter the draw here

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=172474.0

theres less than 3 weeks to go before the draw is held.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2013, 08:31:03 pm »
Buy one they're the best ;)

dd

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2013, 08:36:08 pm »
Ive got an SLX 25' as my everyday pole and it is absolutely fine for that purpose. I am considering a 25' extreme, but would only splash that kind of money on an everyday pole if I had run out of other things in my life I might wish for.

The missus moves out soon, I'll be £1000 a month better off then, I might give it a go after that  ;D
Usually cost you money when that happens as they take half of everything you own!

robbo333

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2013, 08:38:51 pm »
Daz, I'm suffering from tennis elbow at the moment (sounds stupid but really giving me some jip). Is the extreme really that good? I've got the slx 22 with an aquadapta. How do you find the closed length of extreme 25? Is it ok? I'm finding the 22 a tad too long for close up conservatory cleans at the moment. Any help would be grateful. Cheers Pete
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"